Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(another) cat rant

• 01-01-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

:mad:

So I interrupted a cat in my garden in mid attack on a lovely mistlethrush (I think- maybe songthrush). At first I thought it was dead but after a few minutes it got up and hopped off.... I watched him for a while and it was clear he had an injured wing (some blood). Every so often he would try to fly but couldn't. He found himself a spot in the sunniest part of the garden and sat stock still for ages. He moved around the garden after a while trying to find a way to get up higher but couldn't so went back to his safe spot. I watched for over an hour and chased the cat away again :mad: but eventually I had to go feed the family etc. When I went to check again there was no sign of him.... of course the most likely scenario is that the cat returned but other than the original scene of crime there were no feathers lying around so for the sake of a happy ending I choose to believe he recovered (hands over ears- I can't hear anyone telling me infection will kill him even if he did fly away).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I find continued use of a kids super-soaker will deter cats from entering your garden. My garden is full of ground feeding birds at the moment as I am feeding heavily and the last thing I want is a cat attacking them.

Advertisement