Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Groups - Tubbercurry/Charlestown area

Options
  • 01-01-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Hi, my mother has been recently disabled by illness. I'm trying to gather info on groups in the area that will provide her with some social activity a couple of times a week that can brighten up the week a little for her, and get her out of the house.

Any suggestions?

P.S She has an interest in Painting, although she has never done it...she mentioned it to me when she was in hospital. I was wondering if there was a tutor that was in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Tubbercurry library used to have a list of places up. It might be worth giving them a call.
    As far as I know there is an active retirement group there.
    They have all kinds of activitys for members.
    Best of luck to your mum. My mum recently joined a local active retirement group and has made lots of new friends through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sorry to hear about your Mum Culchie.

You might try the Carers Association, they might have information that could help: 071-9143123

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

There is Bingo in Banada each Tuesday night and there is a get together of OAPs in Banada Primary Care Centre each Wednesday afternoon where they play cards, bingo, have tea etc,There is a lot organised by the Corpus Christi village in Tourlestrane where there is a bus service to bring the folk shopping and to the pub etc - hectic social life available and bussed from your door and back again and craic all the way I hear! I think the number is on this site

http://banadadevelopment.net/html/services.html

hope this is useful

Advertisement