Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club ideas/suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So how was it guys?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This link should give us an idea of what's coming up in the next few months. It's a UK site so the dates should be similar to here.

We need to put this film on the must see list:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

it sounds like the inaugral filmclub was a success any discussion on the frequency and the mainstream and non mainstream idea wat was the film itself like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Anyone interested in seeing "Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll", the Ian Dury biopic, starring Andy Serkis

8.20 in Cineworld all this week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

marwelie wrote: »
    Anyone interested in seeing "Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll", the Ian Dury biopic, starring Andy Serkis

8.20 in Cineworld all this week

Maybe. It looks good. I'll have to check my work roster. Definately not Friday though (thats drinking time). Might not give us much time to amass numbers unfortunately.

Not going Friday suits me fine, going to see Shamrock Rovers! I can go either tomorrow or Wednesday. Cant do Thursday either but Saturday is a possibility if Im in Dublin over the weekend!

Im pretty much booked out all evenings this week. I could try arrange something for next week if people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Im pretty much booked out all evenings this week. I could try arrange something for next week if people want.

Sounds good. Organise away.

• Advertisement

Okay Thursday the 11th.
    But what film?
    Edge of darkness and Invictus both look good to me. Any suggestions?

Invictus for me. I'm a big Morgan Freeman fan, I'll go see him in anything.

Having seen the original Edge of Darkness on TV I've no interest in a Mel Gibson remake!

I also want to see Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll too but I can go to that on my own in Dundrum if no one else is interested!

I'm assuming it'll be Cineworld again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Galvasean wrote: »
    Okay Thursday the 11th.
    But what film?
    Edge of darkness and Invictus both look good to me. Any suggestions?
    I'm fairly easy going. You can count me in so long as you promise to credit me in future when you rip off my lines and use them in the Bible, Creationism and Prophecy thread!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Probably Invictus for me although it might be a bit airbrushed. I don't mind, though.

Wacker wrote: »
    I'm fairly easy going. You can count me in so long as you promise to credit me in future when you rip off my lines and use them in the Bible, Creationism and Prophecy thread!

Actually I've used that line before in there (circular thread and all). I was gonna use T. rex as an examplethis time round, but wanted to avoid the inevitable "If T. rex had such eyesight then how come he's dead?" response.

Sex Drugs And Rock And Roll has very few screenings at the moment so may be hard to go to next week. Edge of Darkness I keep hearing is very very crap.
    Invictus is meant to be good and has agood few screens going. Probably the best bet. I'll start a thread later.

edit: yeah, Cineworld again methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll actually go this time I swear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, me too. Hazards of running your own business. When closing time is approaching and there's still stuff to do, it's invariably me or the bro that gets hit with staying. :o
    I'll come to Invictus for def. I really want to see how how Bourne manages to end up in SA in 1995 anyway.
    Looking forward to the CIA time travel scenes, at the very least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I shall be there if work doesn't collide.
    I also generally dislike Clint Eastwood films (well, recent Eastwood films anyway) so I'll try my best to bring some angry opinions to the mix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I may be able to come along this time ^_^
    Not particularly eager to see Invictus but I'd do it for you, guys :P

• Advertisement

I'm going to try and make it tonight, to take my mind of the krieg.......

Next one (in about 2 weeks time) should definately be a bit earlier in the evening. Say, 7 or half 7. Everyone was in a bit of a hurry for buses/trains etc.

Any ideas for the next film?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well the film festival is on in two weeks, so there would be plenty of choice if people are up for that? Again, most films are on late enough, but there will be plenty of interesting films on. I probably wouldn't be able to make any other screenings that week, as unfortunately have to work work around the films I've already booked!

I'd like to see the new De Niro movie but I'm open to suggestion! Thursday night again please ;o)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How about "A Single Man", it's getting a lot of good buzz around and about.

There's always "The Lovely Bones", though not sure if it'll still be in the flickhouse in 2 weeks (or if most people will have seen it).

An adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is out in early March, but no idea what that's like.

Okay, how about we set a date for Thursday the 25th... something around 7:30ish....

I dont see too much on around taht time on the Cineworld website...

Preferences?

If I can make it, Lovely Bones or Micmacs (if its out on Friday - Cineworld says so, IFI says the following week) would be interesting!

If I can make it, Lovely Bones or Micmacs (if its out on Friday - Cineworld says so, IFI says the following week) would be interesting!

Either of those will do nicely. Tell me when (I think we've figured out the where by now!) and I'll be there. I knew I could turn you around to my way of thinking where Thursday nights are concerned!:D

• Advertisement

Yep, either of those are OK with me.

Advertisement