Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club ideas/suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I cant actually make it on Thursday (go on without me!!) so let me know what you guys wanna do and I'll throw up a sticky thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Thursday or Friday is good for me. Earlier the better but not before 5.30 (cuz it costs more to park in the car park LOL).

The films and times (upto and including next Thursday) are as follows

Lovely Bones 17.30 20.25 20.30
    The Last Station 18.00 20.40
    Solomon Kane 18.40 21.10
    Youth in Revolt 17.50
    Wolfman 17.40 20.10
    Priness and the Frog 18.00
    Valentines Day 20.00 21.10
    Percy Jackson 18.10
    Crazy Heart 18.00 21.19
    Single Man 18.00 20.30

Either The Lovely Bones @ 20.25 The Last Station @ 18.00 or Solomon Kane @ 18.40
    would do me nicely, I've already seen A Single Man and Crazy Heart and to be honest the reviews of The Lovely Bones have put me off seeing it. However I'm open to persuasion!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Lovely Bones seems to be getting slammed in certain quarters, alright. I'd be open to the other suggestions, perhaps The Lovely Bones just to see what all the fuss is about. Not sure if I'll make it in this week, have a couple of projects on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Friday is better for me. Just sayin. Have we a decision on the day yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't think I'll make it either fellow clubbers. Busy all week, and on the offchance I'm around on Thursday I might end up going to see Peter Molyneux (crazy gaming auteur) talk at the film festival instead. Have a good one if ye end up going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I can't make friday (just for the record) but I wouldn't come seeing "The Lovely Bones" cause I saw it and didn't particularly like it evenn the first time, sowwy.
    Don't worry about me, though...I'll come along if things fit for me, otherwise next time ^_^

Turns out I cant go on either Thursday or Friday either! I feel a raincheck coming on........

Not looking like anyone can make it. Mind if we postpone it this time? I've been having a torridly busy week myself and can't make it Thursday or Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, might be worth pushing it back by a week or two. No harm.

Wont be around next week (shooting a film). So that gives plenty of time to organise something for the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

havent been here in ages, damn spam blocker, i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

maybe get things organised, like a top movie list etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thursday 18th suit people? What film though>

I can make myself free for taht. No real film preferences at teh moment.

Can't do that one yet, have to change some stuff around first. I'll get back to you on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Leap Year! We all get absolutely hammered beforehand to null the pain ;)

In all seriousness though, what about Shutter Island (though it'll likely sell out quite fast in its first week)

I've looking forward to Shutter Island for a while. Not sure what else is out, Green Zone?

Green Zone looks good. Fitz0 recommended Shutter Island in the other thread. Either is good for me.

I suppose we'll have a better idea when the times are released. Cineworld as usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I really like the look of Shutter Island, so I'll cast my vote for it. DiCaprio looks on top form judging from the trailer

• Advertisement

Cineworld as usual?

My Cineworld card says yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shall have to pass this time (have tickets to see the always wonderful Owen Pallett that night). Have a good one guys.

Times for Thursday are in. Shutter Island is at 6 o clock and 8:10.
    It clocks in at two hours and 20 mins (plus trailers) so the 8:10 showing might run a bit late. So i'm thiinking the 6 o clock screening might be better suited?
    I can pop up a sticky tomorrow once people confirm interest.

6 sounds OK to me. I suppose we don't have to meet an hour before hand as usual in case it's not suitable for those coming from work, etc, but we can yap about the film after.

Next one in 3 weeks I'd say. Any ideas?

There can only be one candidate for the next Film Club meet........Kick Ass

Or Psycho in the IFI?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cemetery Junction looks interesting.

Also, Iron Man 2 is out the 29th. WANTZ!!! Are we gonna organise something for this akin to what the noc forum did with Transformers 2?

I was thinking Bad Lieutenant myself... not sure when it's out though...

Pencil in the 15th (thursday) as a date to see something?
    I was originally going to vouch for the 22nd, but it appears ill be making a movie that day :cool:

edit:

Hmmm...... Cemetery Junction might be good and I've also been looking forward to Kick-Ass (the Daily Mail hated it so thats a good sign already).

As for Iron Man 2... part of the club's mission statement was to avoid blockbusters that everyone will see anyway. That said, maybe we could do a 'bonus' screening in addition to our usual fare?

• Advertisement

14th is good for me. Tell me when (I think I've figured out the where bit!) and I'll be there.

Advertisement