Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club ideas/suggestions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Kick Ass doesn't interest me that much (trailer didn't grab me), however after listening to Kermode's review...and if it's pissing off The Daily Fail then it might be worth a shot.

I thought Iron Man 2 was early in May ish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Depending on work and the film in question (hopefully not Bad Lieutenant, as have already seen that particular slice of brilliant Herzog lunacy) I shall attend next Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Have seen kick ass. Good film but i must say i was a little underwhelmed by it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone up for another film in a week or two? I must say I'm intrigued by Life During Wartime, maybe a bit politically incorrect for film club though :pac:

I also understand there's a small independent film about a fellow made of metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Nocturnal forum have plans to go see iron Man 2 on the 30th:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65415759&postcount=3309

We should tag along (saves me organising it).

I can whip up a new thread if anyone is interested.

Oh and Johnny, if you wanna organise one for Life During Wartime feel free (see taht, I'm delegating responsibility! :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Count me in for Ironman

If Life During Wartime is anything like Happiness I'm staying well away!! That film completely freaked me out (which I presume it was supposed to) and I could only watch the first half of it. I have no intention of watching the rest of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Anyone up for another film in a week or two? I must say I'm intrigued by Life During Wartime, maybe a bit politically incorrect for film club though :pac:

Oh aye?

marwelie wrote: »
    Count me in for Ironman

If Life During Wartime is anything like Happiness I'm staying well away!! That film completely freaked me out (which I presume it was supposed to) and I could only watch the first half of it. I have no intention of watching the rest of it!

Well its the sequel to Happiness so probably not for you then :pac: If people are interested enough, we can organise it, bit different than the usual films we pick but hey might create some fun debate. If everyone manages to stay, 'til the end of course.

If not, Iron Man will do fine. Have a feeling I might be working next Friday though, I haven't been on a Friday in a while which makes me think I'm going to be given a dreaded Friday evening shift next weekend.

I didn't realise Allison Janney is in Life During Wartime, might be worth a go.

OKay, the Nocturnal Forum have confirmed that they are going to see Iron Man 2 on Friday the 30th. The plan is to meet in the Woolshed at 7pm. The screening itself will be around 9 (TBC):
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394174&page=223

I think I'll pop up a sticky in this forum too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Galvasean wrote: »
    OKay, the Nocturnal Forum have confirmed that they are going to see Iron Man 2 on Friday the 30th. The plan is to meet in the Woolshed at 7pm. The screening itself will be around 9 (TBC):
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394174&page=223

I think I'll pop up a sticky in this forum too.
    I think that works for me. I'll be out like a light if my Real World Mates are organizing a trip to it on the same night though, and this is a distinct possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a film club to go to for a while and stumbled upon this one. Hope to make it along sometime in future. Anyone interested in seeing Four Lions when it comes out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I won't be going, have a good time lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

We should plan a Furry Vengeance screening.

We should plan a Furry Vengeance screening.

Have you not realised by now that every attmpt at humour by you is a fail on a truly epic scale.

Have you not realised by now that every attmpt at humour by you is a fail on a truly epic scale.

Ignore him and he'll go away. If he doesn't, we can sort something out :) Every post he makes seem to be some sarky remark about film club. He's giving the fine art of sarcasm a bad name though.

Oh, anyone interested in another screening next week or the week after perhaps? American: The Bill Hicks Story could be a nice change of pace - out from next Friday in the IFI at least.

I've been looking forward to that one myself. Hopefully I can free myself up.

I'm not all that familiar with Bill Hicks (outside Goatboy etc...) but yeah he led an interesting life so I'm interested. I was going to suggest Four Lions, but alas I'm going through a Chris Morris phase so I won't be able to wait for film club :pac:

Count me in for the Bill Hicks movie, cant do Friday though, bloody football!

• Advertisement

Yeah I think Friday is a bad day in general. How about provisionally the 20th of May, the following Thursday? Times in the IFI aren't great (6.15) so I guess we'll wait and see what other cinemas are showing it, hopefully the tried and tested Cineworld. If that doesn't work out sure we can always pick something else.

20th suits me. The IFI would be an interesting change of pace. Cineworld card be damned!

yep, 20th May, IFI, 6.15 definitely sounds like a plan to me. They tarted the place up apparently, would like to have a nose around! They have put a third screen in somewhere too. Seeing as though they barely had room for two in the first place it'll be interesting to see where they put it

Cool, 20th it is then, will throw up a sticky in a day or two.
    Also: if anyone wants cheap(er) tickets, let me know. My card will get a few euro off for four of us.

Also: if anyone wants cheap(er) tickets, let me know. My card will get a few euro off for four of us.

Me.

And me ;o)

I should be around then. I recently joined the IFI membership thing so I can pitch in on the discount situation. I saw Psycho in screen 3 and it was comfortable. I've been in 1 and 2 before and felt rather cramped - legroom. That was before any renovations so I don't know if they've done anything to 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I agree with you, Psycho in Screen 3 was very comfortable!

Screen 3 is alright, but I can't really judge as the only film I've seen up there was four hours long so the length alone induced fidgeting! Nice little screen though. Cinema 1 is grand, but yeah cinema 2 is pretty cramped.

• Advertisement

What next? :)

Advertisement