Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club ideas/suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jaysus haven't been here for ages, dunno how many films I've missed lads. Will go to one soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Presumably everyone has seen or is in the process of seeing Inception and Toy Story 3. Does The Expendables reach here next month? The IFI have a bit of a Jack Nicholson season next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

As suggested by A V A:

Cinema Paradiso - 23rd August @ 8.30pm - Screen Cinema

Any takers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

as i said , , , sounds good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd love to (never seen the film, for shame) but am off to Spain to throw tomatoes on the 23rd!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

I'd love to, but I'm on holidays too!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's another Screen cinema movie pub quiz coming up on the 25th by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

i'd be bery interested! has anyone been before? what happens? :D

We had a team for the last one. Was good fun.

I still get a lot of use out of the Clash of the Titans coasters I won as a spot prize.

Also they raised money to plant a tree in the little section in front of the cinema.

• Advertisement

We had a team for the last one. Was good fun.

I still get a lot of use out of the Clash of the Titans coasters I won as a spot prize.

Also they raised money to plant a tree in the little section in front of the cinema.

everyone was a winner then :) The screen are brilliant at the moment, with their old films, and trees....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I couldn't make it last time, but I'd love to give it a go :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah the last quiz was good fun. If it wasn't the 25th would definitely head along again.

LittleBook wrote: »
    I couldn't make it last time, but I'd love to give it a go :)

25th works for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Do we have to contact the Cinema for tickets to the quiz on Wednesday 25th?

chompy wrote: »
    Do we have to contact the Cinema for tickets to the quiz on Wednesday 25th?

i don't know - i've not been before, so i'm not sure how it works, but i'd like to go and find out :D Judging by the blog thingy, and the fact that it's in mcturcails, it's probably just turn up on the night. 5 people per team

anyone interested?

Yeah. Like any pub quiz you just turn up and get a table.

It's in Doyle's this time around though.

I'm still up for it, but my mother is critically ill at the moment, so it's hard for me to make any solid plans this week.

sorry to hear that MF

but if we do galvanize a table, details will be here, so you could still come along last minute :) Altho, i'm not sure how likely a table is :pac:

Ah. Getting teams together shouldn't be too bad.

I also have people interested in attending from the Mid-Week film club on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Che Guevara

Is this Film Club up on Facebook? Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

hey folks, this film club a regular thing? also do newbs like me need to hang a bit before joining? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

we havent actually done one in ages. Hopefully that'll change in the new year.

Definitely need to get this going again. I'm away til mid January but would deffo be up for a few in the New Year!

I'm pretty booked up 'til mid January myself.
    It seems like ages since I've been to the cinema (was meant to this morning but the Monsters preview was cancelled :mad:), bit like a chef who doesn't eat dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Count me in, nothing to do on a Friday night now until March. Come on you Hoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Are there any big releases coming up in January that we could plan ahead for?

Ooh, ooh, Black Swan, Black Swan!

So, people keen for Black Swan? May as well start organising now as January ain't too far away, and notice is always good. Any preferences for dates? Seems to be out on 21st of January in the UK, guessing it's the same in Ireland.

Black Swan looks good. I'd like to check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Wont be around unfortunatley....

Im determined to get to another meet though :)

Advertisement