Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club ideas/suggestions

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got the IFI brochure in the post. Re Black Swan, the release appears to be the same as the UK as it says from Friday, Jan 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I'd love to go to a film club night, do they normally happen at weekends or weeknights?

Count me in for Black Swan depending on the night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So anyone any preference for a Black Swan day or date? Not too long after release date, johnny needs his Aronofsky fix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I'd love to go to one of these and I have been meaning to check out black swan. Count me in depending on the date!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Im completely booked up Friday -> Sunday this week and all of next weekend.
    A midweek screening might suit me

• Advertisement

Well it's not out until the 21st, so maybe the following Tuesday/Wednesday (25th/26th?)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alright, may I suggest the 25th then?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Anywhere around the 25th or 26th should be okay for me!

25th should be okay for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Count me in for the 25th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

marwelie wrote: »
    Count me in for the 25th

Ditto. :pac:

Cineworld, IFI (deffo on at 6.45 or 9.00 there) or other, guys and gals? State a preference and I shall throw up a sticky :)

Cineworld, IFI (deffo on at 6.45 or 9.00 there) or other, guys and gals? State a preference and I shall throw up a sticky :)

I have to say ... I have a soft spot* for the Screen and I'd like to give it our business. Second choice would be IFI.

* I am not affiliated in any way with the Screen :)

LittleBook wrote: »
    I have to say ... I have a soft spot* for the Screen and I'd like to give it our business. Second choice would be IFI.

* I am not affiliated in any way with the Screen :)

That's fine with me if it's fine with others!

Anyone have a favoured meeting spot nearby, since the foyer in the screen doesn't have many seats?

Whats the name of that pub on the corner beside it, MacTurtleington's or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

McTurcaill's.

Or Chaplin's Bar is right opposite the Screen (if that ends up being the venue) and less labyrinthine than MacTurcaill's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Hey, this still going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fouloleron wrote: »
    Hey, this still going ahead?

It went ahead already.

A film I worked on, Even Secret Agents Have a Bad Day is being screened* in the Woolshed at 21:00 (TBC) on Friday. I'm thinking go see a 'proper' movie in Cineworld beforehand, pop in to the Woolie to watch the secret agent film and have a few beers after (its only 10-15 mins long).

*in the reservable room upstairs at the back. admission is free

(posted with moderators' permission)

• Advertisement

Would be along but going to a gig that night! Good luck though Galva, hope it goes well!

Sad to hear that Johnny. :(

From the director's Facebook:
    "Not to be missed folks..Doors open at 8pm and the movie screens at 9.30pm followed by Live Strippers, full release body massage and tea or coffee (optional)..!!!"
    Premiere of Even Secret Agents Have A Bad Day
    Time: ‎8:00PM Friday, March 4th
    More info:
    https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166796416702473

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Anybody want to see the Ayrton Senna documentary when it comes out?

Advertisement