Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acne help

• 01-01-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So im 18 and ive had acne for about 5 years. When i first got acne it was really bad, my whole face was covered in spots. now i dont have as much acne but i still have it. When will it go away? and is their anything i can do to speed up the process!..i hate acne!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It really depends on the person. If you are worried about it, you should see the doctor who might be able to prescribe you something for it. Some things work very well to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

+1 see a doctor.

Also look at your diet. I found alcohol & chocolate amongst other things could have an effect.
    Exercise & drinking plenty of water can also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

bbbbb wrote: »
    Also look at your diet. I found alcohol & chocolate amongst other things could have an effect.
    Exercise & drinking plenty of water can also help.

I'd rather have acne;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Pythia wrote: »
    It really depends on the person. If you are worried about it, you should see the doctor who might be able to prescribe you something for it. Some things work very well to get rid of it.

If you're seeing a doctor, which is probably the best option if you've had acne so long, try to make sure your not precribed with Roacutane or anything with "acutane" in it. It does clear up the acne but the side affects are terrible as are the long term affects.

I'd recommed seeing a dermatologist over a GP as they would have much more experience in the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

You will need to see a GP first to get a referral to a dermatologist. Seeing a doctor is a good idea to get your skin sorted out sooner rather than later. Life is too short to be worried about your skin, and often acne can't be fixed by changing your diet. Get it checked out.

The side effects of Roaccutane can be rough but not for everyone. It may be an option for you if your acne is severe enough. In any case, it can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, so GP is the first step!

• Advertisement
Advertisement