Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MISSING - Female Black Lab

Options
  • 01-01-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Much loved 2 year old female black lab gone missing this afternoon (1st Jan) from Doughiska/Merlin Park area of the city.

She is wearing a pink collar with rainbow coloured bone-shaped ID tag with our details. She also has a yellow "microchip" tag (as in photo).
    She is neutered and chipped.

We've spent the entire afternoon searching for her:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lovely dog, hope you find her soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Aww, she's a beaut. I'll keep a look out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Will keep the eyes peeled. Hope you find her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I lost a dog 5 years ago. i rang GBFM and put an ad in the Advertiser offering 100 Euro reward. Five days after she went missing, I got a call at 11pm from a member of the traveling community who found my dog 15 miles from my home. I drove to the halting site, paid the money and got my dog back.

I don't believe that he stole the dog because if he did, he wouldn't have brought me to his home.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

Put up posters if you can, a workmates dog went missing last year and a postman spotted the dog 7 miles away after seeing a poster (distinctive colour collar too) and dog was reunited after more than 2 weeks missing. I hope you'll find her soon safe and well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Spanglished

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Will definitely contact the Advertiser and GBFM.

Just in from another stint out searching the local estates, still no sign. Very worried about her in this awful cold.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I saw a black lab matching her description New Years' Eve around 7pm going down the Doughiska road around Lidl in the direction of the Dublin Road.

Doggy was alone.

Xiney wrote: »
    I saw a black lab matching her description New Years' Eve around 7pm going down the Doughiska road around Lidl in the direction of the Dublin Road.

Thanks Xiney, but she just went missing this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Hope you find her. Hopefully she's been taken in by someone for the night and will be reunited with you tomorrow. I'd try ringing all the vets first thing in the morning and definitely the dog warden. We had a dog overnight a while back as he was trying to get himself run over and found his owners via the warden.

Good luck, I know I'd be out of my mind if it was my guy...

After spending most of last night rallying the troops for a big search today, making flyers and posting her on many website, I'm delighted to say the prodigal dog has returned!

We rose early this morning armed with a plan of action for the search only, who saunters out of our shed when we opened the back door?!

It seems that herself headed out for a bit of a New Years scavenge only to get very lost and eventually make her way home nearly twenty hours later.
    She's none the worse for wear, just absolutely wrecked and very...um, hungover looking... one too many vodkas it seems!
    Thanks everyone for all the help and advice:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's great!

I love happy endings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Brilliant news!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All is well that ends well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement