Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a teacher network

• 01-01-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys I'm wondering if you could help me, I'm not a coder but I have a basic background in web development. For a masters project I am trying to set up a web site thats similar to teachertube.com I want users to be able to upload documents and files. This is so that teachers can network and collaborate with each other on the net.

The types of files that would be uploaded would be everything from .doc .ppt to CAD files that are .DWG etc.

I have put together a site that has a joomla content management system but i wonder if there is anything i can add to this to allow users upload files and maybe have user profiles?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 cantthinkof1

Is the site live yet?
    I am an IT trainer and certainly interested in hooking up with others.

One site that shares resourses is www.happy.co.uk Happy computers are a training org.

Have you looked at moodle? IT Tallaght use it to communicate between students & lecturers, host course content etc.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13 magicman321

Hey,
    No its not up yet having issues with how to actually enact it. I have a Joomla Content management system but i want to make it as dynamic as possible.

I also want it to be as open as possible and be able to cope with different file types. For all purposes a wiki that has files attached to pages, that the files can be edited and resubmitted with the option of reverting to previous versions depending on what the community sees fit.

I think what it has come down to is I will use a Joomla content management system with Google wave modules for each of the different subjects in secondary schools. This is due to the ease of doing this (i have no coding background) and ultimately my masters is more focused on if this collaboration actually works.

Any input or functionality you might have interest in though is appreciate, the more i know the less mistakes (hopefully! :eek: )

Thanks

Advertisement