Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play treatment

Options
  • 01-01-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am pitching a play and need to write a treatment. I am very inexperienced but have a great idea (I hope). What is the general format for a treatment of a play?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

With a treatment you are writing the story in a descriptive manner as if to explain to someone what its about. The treatment must cover everything to do with the play. There are no elements of surprise or mystery to a treatment. Every element is explained outright.

E.G. if you were writing the treatment to The Sixth Sense, when describing Bruce Willis' character when he first appears you would mention then that he is a ghost but that the audience nor himself are aware of it this until the end of the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 salmonshirt

Great, thanks for the help. So it's basically a one page essay describing the story with no hidden plosts etc. Thanks again.

Advertisement