Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA All Star Game 2010

• 01-01-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Feb 14th Some BBall Valentines Day Love :D

I always look forward to the All Star Game every year. I think this year could be real nice...competitive and close. If not all the usual superstars will be there strutting and playing for more endorsements! The starters look pretty evenly matched and I expect the key to be in the strength of the bench.

Lebron James threw his name in the hat for the dunk contest at last years game and then he was recently reported to be backing out, does anyone know if he's in or out? I would LOVE to see him in there, you know if he's in there it's going to be big!

All Star Game 2010 Winners: Eastside, Westside or Malahide :p 3 votes

The Beast of the East
    0%
    The Best of the West
    100%
    jimmayDufresneN-line 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Might as well post some of my favourite All Star Clips.

NBA All Star Game 1987
    Apparently the greatest All Star game of all time. Keep meaning to watch it in it's entirety someday but haven't gotten around to it You could argue it was the best NBA lineup in All Star history with the likes of Magic, Larry in their primes and Isiah ,Mchale, Worthy and Nique at their absolute peak In fact the lineup was so good that Karl Malone and Clyde Drexler weren't even good enough to be invited to attend:eek:.
    The West won 154-149.

Just some more off the top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

jimmay wrote: »
    Feb 14th Some BBall Valentines Day Love :D

I always look forward to the All Star Game every year. I think this year could be real nice...competitive and close. If not all the usual superstars will be there strutting and playing for more endorsements! The starters look pretty evenly matched and I expect the key to be in the strength of the bench.

Lebron James threw his name in the hat for the dunk contest at last years game and then he was recently reported to be backing out, does anyone know if he's in or out? I would LOVE to see him in there, you know if he's in there it's going to be big!

Lebron won't be there:confused::eek:.

The 2010 Slam Dunk participants were released

Gerald Wallace,
    Nate Robinson,
    Shannon Brown,
    Winner of the Dunk-in (between Eric Gordon and DeRozean)

No LeBron is just lame.down.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shedimus

marky boii wrote: »
    Lebron won't be there:confused::eek:.
    Course not because if he were to lose (which he would to the human trampoline that is Shannon Brown) the embarresment would lose him and the NBA money. The king stays the king as long as he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shedimus

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The 2010 Slam Dunk participants were released

Gerald Wallace,
    Nate Robinson,
    Shannon Brown,
    Winner of the Dunk-in (between Eric Gordon and DeRozean)

No LeBron is just lame.down.gif

Robinson has had his day, I'm thinking Shannon Brown, he's got a sick vertical and thats what the dunk contest is nowadays, a way to show off you vertical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 D_Rose1

I have to agree, some of shannon browns dunks this season have been pretty impressive. Although, DeRozeans got some skills. He won a dunk competition while playing college ball so i hope he makes it through the Dunk-in. Did anybody see his recovered alley-oop after Calderon's pass was off and bounced off the backboard? It was crazy!

It's already been posted but I can't complain too much about the All Star's reserves this year. The only two things I kinda disagree on is Gasol, just because he missed 17 games due to injury and Stephen Jackson should be there instead of Al Horford. I can't belieive I'm typing this as a Warriors fan but it's crazy what he's done in Charlotte. He might actually lead that team to the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

The Best of the West
    Hope the East do it and LBJ to win MVP to match his MVP 09-10 season :D

To be honest I can see the West getting it done, I think the West bench is deeper and it's in Texas the Western Conference.

Do the players really give a pooh who wins? Whatever about the 'competitive nature' players have to spout, do they get a bonus for winning?

That was one of the worst Dunk contests ever. When the winning" dunk was an off the back-board reverse by Nate Robinson then you know it was a bad night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

They needed a Showman like Dwight Howard to get the crowd going, then everyone else have off had to up the standard

• Advertisement

Anyone have any links to watch the game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

The Best of the West
    Its live on ESPN which is free now with most UPC packages

Dufresne wrote: »
    Its live on ESPN which is free now with most UPC packages

I have SKY though!

The Best of the West
    Try atdhe.net man normally good for links :D

Wow I'm watching on Sky on my 28 inch, think I have it good...in the Cowboy arena they have the worlds biggest HD jumbotron, it'd bigger than the entire court lol haha

Terrible play Karl drew up there at the very end . Why not go to Dirk or Chauncey?. Either way All Star Weekend sucked this year imo.

The Best of the West
    State of Deron Williams fouling Wade at the end, otherwise would have been perfect for a Lebron or Wade special.

At least the game was close this year but all the fouls were a bit anti climatic given the game means nothing. Glad I stayed up to watch it considering it went to the last play...would have liked to of seen Lebron hit the game winner though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Man do TNT really know how to drag something out!! I mean c'mon McLovin got a longer interview than stern and kobe put together.. it was so obvious they were trying to fill gaps..

And what idiot decided to have a rodeo at the side of the celebrity "game".. not one of the players would get on the horse because of contracts..

As for the dunk Nate Robinson is a dunking machine but the rest sucked.. Worst dunk comp ever.

The game was fun & so was Charles Barkley.

Rookie Game was best. Watched the whole lot on 42" chorus HD and man is it so worth it considering im paying less now for my HD sub then i was my digital 2 months ago!!

Cant wait for the Jordan games this week on ESPN Classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Stab*City wrote: »
    Man do TNT really know how to drag something out!! I mean c'mon McLovin got a longer interview than stern and kobe put together

I'd rather listen to McLovin then those 2 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I'd rather listen to McLovin then those 2 tbh.

Watch the movie then!!

Advertisement