Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Open Day

Options
  • 01-01-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

I was going to go to the RCSI Open Day, but just went on the website and found out you have to register inorder to get a ticket. It says the registration date closed on the 22nd of december. Does this mean I cant go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Looks like it I'm afraid. Is there an RCSI forum on boards you could double-check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

i went last year and they didnt even check the tickets. just walk straight into the hall and i'd say you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Xtina!! wrote: »
    I was going to go to the RCSI Open Day, but just went on the website and found out you have to register inorder to get a ticket. It says the registration date closed on the 22nd of december. Does this mean I cant go?
    I was in your position last year.I missed the deadline but registerd late and they e-mailed me on the day to say that I could go.Unfortunately for Me this notification was too late!Register now you should be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was in your position last year.I missed the deadline but registerd late and they e-mailed me on the day to say that I could go.Unfortunately for Me this notification was too late!Register now you should be grand.

From the RCSI site:
    Registration to attend the Open Day on Monday 4th January 2010 has now closed.

So she can't register but she could still send them an email just asking?

info@rcsi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

I went to it last year and registered a week or so after the deadline. There were people on the door with a list, I told them my name, they said it wasnt on the list and asked if i registered, I said i did register and they just let me through. Plenty of other people did the same, they dont really care too much, it was just to get an idea numbers really.

Best open day I went to without a doubt. Go on the tour at the end, our tour guide accidently took us to the anatomy room last year, to the shock of the students inside who were working on cadavers. There was an awkward silence before the guide said, "sure, eh, take a look if you want"

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

This was on today and it was definitely the best open day I've been to. Loved the college itself, everyone was so friendly and willing to help and enthusiastic and they went into fantastic detail about the courses and life in the college. Number one choice without a doubt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Did anyone else go by any chance? Would be interested in hearing a few more opinions :)

I was there. I thought the presentation was really, really good. Probably the best open day I've been to so far. I liked how it was centred on the students' perspective. The tour was very interesting too, they brought us into the anatomy lab where all the cadavers are kept, which was surprising as I thought there'd be no way we'd be let in. I have RCSI 2nd on my CAO, but TCD's only above it because it's 5 years instead of 6 (I don't have Chemistry).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Advertisement