Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa manager 2010 vs football manager 2010?

Options
  • 01-01-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

im wondering which one to buy..any good reviews for both? anyone recommend any of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Football Manager is the modern evolution and spiritual successor to the original Championship Manager. I actually haven't played the newer CM of FIFA manager series but Football Manager generally seems to be the best regarded.

From reading though the others seem to focus on superfluous gimmicks like player relationships and fancy graphics, whereas FM is a more statistical game with more of an emphasis on realism and tactical management that some may find a little too dry perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭onelove

FM all the way ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dont know anything about fifa manager but football manager is by far the best managing game i have ever played...everything is so thought out,the perfect managing game in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Surely no contest, Football manager is the pinnacle of the management sim....infact I'm playing it rite now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

FM Live all the way :) Currently playing on Altobelli GW with an All Irish Senior and Youth team in a One Nation league, great fun.

But anyway, FM2010 over Fifa manager. I have both and FM2010 dances all over Fifa.

• Advertisement

FIFA manager........:D

I was surprised to see this isn't out for consoles any more, seems to be PC only, these console versions gave manager games a bad name to anyone who never tried CM(or FM now), whenever i'd pitch it to my friends they'd recall playing one on a console, and i'd be trying to say ''ya i played them too but CM/FM is different'', and its hard to counteract it having played several of these titles(played a FIFA one on the PS2 a few years back, LMA etc....)

I'd probably be thinking the same had i not played championship manager before they started coming out during the PS1 era(note: im not saying that was the first time, as there was probably a lot more, but they became more apparent at that time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Is LMA manager dead?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 YoungPadgewan

I know this is off the point but can anyone tell me what is this steam concept that is with my new footy manager?? can i lay my saved game on other computers or something?? cause that would be class!!! any info appreciated lads!!!!!:D

I know this is off the point but can anyone tell me what is this steam concept that is with my new footy manager?? can i lay my saved game on other computers or something?? cause that would be class!!! any info appreciated lads!!!!!:D

Yep. Install Steam on whatever other computer, login with your details and work away. Only some games would impose extra restrictions but most do not.
    It can also help to backup your games on a dvd/external HD from your main, then restore to the other computer, saves a lot of extra downloading.
    Can also just backup particular games if you don't want to transfer the whole lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Football manager all the way.

• Advertisement

Jebus that's some signature :eek:

Just to mention to those that don't know and might be thinking of trying it out, FM Live (FML) is relaunching in March and as such you cannot join the game as a new user and play.
    There's an awful lot of changes on the way and thankfully the community spoke (and SI listened) so that the skill points you have accrued over the months will not be wiped come the big reset and relaunch in March. Much more info on http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44 if you are interested to know.

Advertisement