Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs delivery with UPS sucks balls.

Options
  • 01-01-2010 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

i understand its christmas / newyear time, but honestly UPS ****ing suck.

i ordered some stuff from dabs.ie on the 27th. on the 28th, i logged in and the order said waiting for confirmation of stock.
    everything i ordered was in stock, but dabs dont display how many of each item they have available.
    so i cancelled the 4 fans i wanted, and i got the green light.

order was dispatched on the 29th from tamworth in the uk, or so says the tracking info they provide.

TAMWORTH, GB 12/29/2009 5:35 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

i logged in today to check if it had moved, but no change apart from it now says

In Transit - Rescheduled
    Rescheduled Delivery Date:
    01/07/2010

so thats from the 27th - 7th for delivery, but dabs say 1-3 days from order date

monday 28th was a bank holiday due to stephens day falling on a weekend.
    tuesday 29th - working day
    wednesday 30th - working day
    thursday 31st - working day
    friday 1st - holiday
    saturday 2nd - weekend
    sunday 3rd - weekend
    monday 4th - working day
    tuesday 5th - working day
    wednesday 6th working day
    thursday 7th working day (day of delivery)

so thats 6 full working days from order date to day before delivery.

seriously pissed off as when i spoke to dabs, i told them i wanted this before the 5th of janurary and they said i shouldnt worry as it will be there sooner as im going back to college and wont be at home until the summer.
    the original date was the 3rd of janurary for delivery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

i understand its christmas / newyear time, but honestly UPS ****ing suck.

i ordered some stuff from dabs.ie on the 27th. on the 28th, i logged in and the order said waiting for confirmation of stock.
    everything i ordered was in stock, but dabs dont display how many of each item they have available.
    so i cancelled the 4 fans i wanted, and i got the green light.

order was dispatched on the 29th from tamworth in the uk, or so says the tracking info they provide.

TAMWORTH, GB 12/29/2009 5:35 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

i logged in today to check if it had moved, but no change apart from it now says

In Transit - Rescheduled
    Rescheduled Delivery Date:
    01/07/2010

so thats from the 27th - 7th for delivery, but dabs say 1-3 days from order date

monday 28th was a bank holiday due to stephens day falling on a weekend.
    tuesday 29th - working day
    wednesday 30th - working day
    thursday 31st - working day
    friday 1st - holiday
    saturday 2nd - weekend
    sunday 3rd - weekend
    monday 4th - working day
    tuesday 5th - working day
    wednesday 6th working day
    thursday 7th working day (day of delivery)

so thats 6 full working days from order date to day before delivery.

seriously pissed off as when i spoke to dabs, i told them i wanted this before the 5th of janurary and they said i shouldnt worry as it will be there sooner as im going back to college and wont be at home until the summer.
    the original date was the 3rd of janurary for delivery.
    Ah now Ted! It's not an ideal situation but I wouldn't suggest that they are incompetent - the weather is probably to blame! Relax. You may get it before the 5th. If not, you'll get it delivered to wherever you'll be after that. Where's there's a will, there's a way. Again, I know it's not ideal but keep the chin up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Jock Strap wrote: »
    Ah now Ted! It's not an ideal situation but I wouldn't suggest that they are incompetent - the weather is probably to blame! Relax. You may get it before the 5th. If not, you'll get it delivered to wherever you'll be after that. Where's there's a will, there's a way. Again, I know it's not ideal but keep the chin up :)

arghhh im just pissed off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

always select the pidgeon option.

Advertisement