Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who brews St Bernard lager?

• 01-01-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Dunnes today and saw 500ml 4% cans of their own brand lager or 79C. Just interested who brews the stuff? Is it relabeled Harp, Tennant's, Dutch Gold or some other imported lager?

Tesco also do their own brand.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from BGRH.

You might get a more sane answer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

it would not be any of the major brewerys. its not like bread and milk where factories have excess capacity. alot of the cheaper beers are done by martens brewery in munich in germany

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its actually not too bad a beer for the price, I've always wondered myself who brewed it, think I read on here a while back Harp do, although both beers do taste different, for the price though its desent :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

yeah,not as bad as you would expect for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

are you serious?!?! it's AWFUL. well, it was when a cheap ass friend in college used to buy it back in 2007. all i could taste was aluminium. i stuck to my dutch, now that's a quality beer for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Give me about 20 mins, i'll "pour you" a can

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I bought it once when I was a poor first year student. Never again. Tasted like grass to me :pac: Horrible stuff!

I've tried Dutch Gold as well and it just tastes of aluminium to me.

Never tried Tesco own brand lager so can't comment on that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

xmcp wrote: »
    are you serious?!?! it's AWFUL. well, it was when a cheap ass friend in college used to buy it back in 2007. all i could taste was aluminium. i stuck to my dutch, now that's a quality beer for the price.

Its cheap & cheerful, kinda ironic you rate Dutch higher, it isn't ;) And I've drunken both

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Bav- Far and away the king of the discount beer.

Advertisement