Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow...reality has just sunk in!

Options
  • 01-01-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

With the mocks in a month or so i'm sure alot of us are gettng pretty freaked out!! well i am anyway. How're you guys getting on with study and what way do you go about it? I haven't done any over the christmas but plan to get the head down into the new year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yep, over Christmas it has really hit me. I think mostly because of DCG due in February. I'm gonna try and use the rest of the break as best I can and continue through the next 5 months :)

Just 158 days until June 9th folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah i'm glad i got a bit of a kick during the christmas holidays, i know how much work i have to do now. Havn't done a lot in about a month but think i'll start tomorrow. 158 days seems like nothing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I keep having waves of pure panic followed immediately by denial.
    I am scrooed. :(
    Anyone else "starting studying" tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Anyone else "starting studying" tomorrow?

lol I do keep saying this a lot but I think I actually have to tomorrow if I have any chance of getting my homework done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I'm starting now...My sleeping habits are screwed so I might as well be productive for the next few hours.
    History is first!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I made and stuck millions of note cards of german grammar and vocab around my bed in a sudden burst of fear today. Leaving cert will be the end of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

I'm still using the hide under the duvet and pretend it isn't happening approach :(

158 days????.... seriously?

158 days????.... seriously?

Seriously. 157 days 5 hours and 48 minutes until you get to turn over English paper 1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

Conor108 wrote: »
    Seriously. 157 days 5 hours and 48 minutes until you get to turn over English paper 1:D

or paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

My pre's are in 5 or so weeks...ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

RandomIrl wrote: »
    or paper 2
    :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm pretty stressed but I'm glad I am, its what makes you study. Mocks in feb and I haven't done much study for them but I guess all I can do is just get on with and do my best from now on and I'd say i'd be doing alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Just do your best and work hard. That is what I'm going to do. Even though I'm really lazy, it's only a few months and I don't want to be stuck repeating.

I'm ****ed for the mocks but it's just a kick up the arse really. Loads of time to recover after that.

Besides there are more important things in life than the leaving cert. Just stick on the news at 6 every night and you'll know what I mean. Just enjoy life and do your best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Yep, in the past few days the panic has definitely kicked in. Luckily I have a couple of subjects that I can do well in without really studying so i have more time to focus on Biology and maths:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭xxmeabhxx

I don't know what's wrong with me this year, I'm not stressed enough yet! I do all my homework on time and learn what's relevant to what we're doing in class now but I've only done bits and pieces of studying fifth year stuff. I was more stressed during the christmas break in third year than I am now. I really need to get my head down for the mocks. Lol, this post actually does sound stressful cos I'm stressed about the fact that I just don't seem to study this year and not necessarily about the exams at the end. Don't know if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

xxmeabhxx wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with me this year, I'm not stressed enough yet! I do all my homework on time and learn what's relevant to what we're doing in class now but I've only done bits and pieces of studying fifth year stuff. I was more stressed during the christmas break in third year than I am now. I really need to get my head down for the mocks. Lol, this post actually does sound stressful cos I'm stressed about the fact that I just don't seem to study this year and not necessarily about the exams at the end. Don't know if that makes sense.
    I know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I'm trying to be calm and casual about it but there's the odd day I wake up and say 'I NEED TO WORK!!!'
    But hey, the mocks are the mocks people. Not that big a deal, it's not the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Going to be the worst five months of my life :mad:

Cant wait for this year to be over!

Im dying to put my knowledge of King Lear to use in the real world!

Lol I kinda like King Lear. Though how do you plan to use it?:)

• Advertisement

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Lol I kinda like King Lear. Though how do you plan to use it?:)

Oh Im sure there'll be no shortage of practical everyday situations

So I'm assuming you have three daughters and big kingdom then aye?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Conor108 wrote: »
    Oh Im sure there'll be no shortage of practical everyday situations
    That's true, I often find that there isn't a day that goes by where I don't have to quote a speech or analyse King Lear's fatal flaw.

Advertisement