Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox saved games and profiles question-using saved games on another xbox?

• 01-01-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if its possable to take your old xbox drive plug it in on a new xbox and play on as usual when you log in with your gamer profile?

Do you lose any saved games or downloaded stuff? say GTA DLC's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 declanx

Yes you can. For DLC stuff you will need to online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Scram wrote: »
    I was just wondering if its possable to take your old xbox drive plug it in on a new xbox and play on as usual when you log in with your gamer profile?

Do you lose any saved games or downloaded stuff? say GTA DLC's?

You don't lose savegames or DLC. Do note that DLC is tied to your gamertag, and unless you transfer your license to the new console you will have to be signed in to Xbox Live! in order to use the DLC. Transfering a license involves going onto xbox.com and initiating the transfer, then re-downloading the content on the new console. This process can only be done once a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

You don't lose savegames or DLC. Do note that DLC is tied to your gamertag, and unless you transfer your license to the new console you will have to be signed in to Xbox Live! in order to use the DLC. Transfering a license involves going onto xbox.com and initiating the transfer, then re-downloading the content on the new console. This process can only be done once a year.

Is it possible to get your saved games from an old xbox to a new one without buying a memory stick? I moved out and got a new xbox and "recovered" my gamertag, but all my hard work is still on the hard drive of the xbox at home. Specifically I want my Colin McCrea saves!

Is it possible to get your saved games from an old xbox to a new one without buying a memory stick? I moved out and got a new xbox and "recovered" my gamertag, but all my hard work is still on the hard drive of the xbox at home. Specifically I want my Colin McCrea saves!

It's possible, but would involve hooking up the hard drive to your PC with a cable, re-signing the saves with an unsupported piece of software so that they are signed with the new console's ID, and putting them back on the hard drive & hooking it up to the new xbox.

I should point out that this will get you banned, and possibly get your gamertag revoked (banned) if you're caught, because the same method can be used to cheat your way to levels to get achievements by using other people's savegames.

Your safest option is to just get a loan of the memory card from somebody or stump up & buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Ye that sounds like a bit of a mission! You should have the option of saved games when recovering gamertags, even if it did take 4 hours. I dunno anyone with a card, so i'll just leave it be for now i s'pose! Cheers anyway.

• Advertisement

Ye that sounds like a bit of a mission! You should have the option of saved games when recovering gamertags, even if it did take 4 hours. I dunno anyone with a card, so i'll just leave it be for now i s'pose! Cheers anyway.

Then when you leave and forget to remove your gamertag somebody else can use your savegames to get some more acheivements and stuff. It's a bad idea if you ask me :) That said, memory card prices should not be as high as they are, and Microsoft should not have banned the use of third party cards either.

Advertisement