Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Reg Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im hoping very soon to be putting up a pic of a 10 CE XXXX soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

just saw one a Bmw 5 series Gran Turismo , , only recently released car bet that cost a quid or 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Berty wrote: »

It'll be the first CE up here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

-Chris- wrote: »
    we're into cars.

<snip back-seat moderation>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 granadaghia

Isnt it great how the simple folk are totally obsessed with a number on a reg plate , with the motor trade as it is , most of these so called NEW cars are probably up to 2 years old . any one who buys a car at this time of year is definitly buying last years car.
    Ha ha fools and their money are soon parted.
    We all need these idiots at this time of the year. IF you really need a new reg get on down to the autofactors and get them to make you one up , 11 D 1111, then you will be the greatest person in your estate , for the time being anyway .but alas time marches on.

Isnt it great how the simple folk are totally obsessed with a number on a reg plate , with the motor trade as it is , most of these so called NEW cars are probably up to 2 years old . any one who buys a car at this time of year is definitly buying last years car.

In fact if you are a savvy buyer like most of the people that spend time on this forum researching then you will ensure that you are buying a current model and if you are buying an older shape then you are ensuring a larger discount on account of the larger depreciation in value.

Opel are going to have a lot of Astras on sale currently because of the facelift. Skoda have the same with the Octavia however they are actively selling the Octavia Tour as a model as well for a significantly cheaper price.

Ford had the same issues in 2007/2008 when a new facelift was released in July 2007 yet in Jan 2008 there were a lot of pre facelift models released and many were on the road by Hertz/Avis so by July 2008 when that model was WAYYY out of date they came back on forecourts as "The Fleet is back" sales.

If you do not research your car then you might be sold one of these cars.

We all need these idiots at this time of the year. IF you really need a new reg get on down to the autofactors and get them to make you one up , 11 D 1111, then you will be the greatest person in your estate , for the time being anyway .but alas time marches on.

Nothing but a Troll for that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

With the motor trade the way it is, you'll help loads, won't ya?

Well unless there's overnight shipping from a car plant in Japan...FFS:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Infraction given for trolling.

Read this post to understand why... :rolleyes:

@everyone else - please report the post rather than feeding the trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

What did you get after - Octavia VRs?

pburns wrote: »
    What did you get after - Octavia VRs?

Im getting a rental car tomorrow and also telling him where the car is available to buy straight from the showroom so if he goes for it then I will be driving it in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hopefully picking up my 2010 reg Skoda Superb Elegance this coming week! It's already in the garage so the only wait is on the bank!

flamegrill wrote: »
    Hopefully picking up my 2010 reg Skoda Superb Elegance this coming week! It's already in the garage so the only wait is on the bank!

1.9 or 2.0?

Where are you getting it from? Im looking at one as well and have e-mailed the garages. Hoping to hear something tomorrow. I know Autostation have a 2009 1.9tdi but I dont know if the Sat Nav is in it or not because the ad only says Bolero. I would happily take a 2009 if I cannot get a 2010.

2.0 TDI 170ps (125kw). Has the fullsat nav, parking sensors etc. Every toy a boy could ever want!

flamegrill wrote: »
    2.0 TDI 170ps (125kw). Has the fullsat nav, parking sensors etc. Every toy a boy could ever want!

Best of luck with it. Jealous :o

Good luck parallel parking it. :P I would be frightened. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Best of luck with it. Jealous :o

Good luck parallel parking it. :P I would be frightened. :eek:

That self park on those would be class!

heh yeah I'm starting to get excited now. I'd hate to have to wait 12 weeks for one. But the dealer said Skoda Ireland got in a number of the elegance model in December so there should still be 1 or 2 to be gotten. That said there could be a huge demand for them so only God knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Your one will have selfpark wont it flamegrill? AFAIK, its now standard on the elegance Superbs. Friend of mine tried it out on a Yeti recently and said it was very impressive

Aye. I believe it's called Park Assist. You do the gears/pedals and it does the steering. I also believe it'll inform you whether or not you'll fit in the space which will be useful for a while :). You also get a "radar" view of the car from the parking sensors that shows on the radios display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Sweet, doubt that comes as standard on any spec of any other car in the class! Dont forget to show us a few pics of it when you do get it! :)

• Advertisement

I have a heap of pictures of it already but there's no reg plate on her ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

It's still a Skoda...

testicle wrote: »
    It's still a Skoda...

:rolleyes:

testicle wrote: »
    It's still a Skoda...

Soz ur face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Skoda's are awesome, ban that person who says otherwise! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Had my first one regged mid afternoon today and it got 551 so a bit higher than last year.

Looks very weird filling in 10X551 on a spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I heard that there was a small problem with the VRT computer today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

Just heard on newstalk 200 cars have been already registered with 10 number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

What is it with Skodas and the Motors forum:eek:?

It's like the recession has turned the Audi/BMW obsession of the Celtic Tiger days into a Skoda fetish. I'm gonna have to call round to my local Skoda dealer for a look in the near future to see what all the fuss is about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Registering a new VW Passat tomorrow. Coming in from NI.

Let you know what the number is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

kluivert wrote: »
    Registering a new VW Passat tomorrow. Coming in from NI.

Let you know what the number is.

How much of a saving is being made by sourcing it from the north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

How much of a saving is being made by sourcing it from the north?

x2

Got my reg today. Hopefully get the car tomorrow!

10CW241 wh00t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Saw a 1.4 petrol Corolla today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

ninty9er wrote: »
    Saw a 1.4 petrol Corolla today.

Christ have they not got rid of those things yet? :(

Christ have they not got rid of those things yet? :(
    Nope...see how desperate they are --->

http://www.toyota.ie/about/promotions/prizebonds/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Saw 10 KE 310 today in Newbridge, a Touareg (or however ya spell it!).

EDIT: my first sighting btw! haven't been out and about much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Spotted 10-D-601 this morning at traffic lights near the Darndale Hilton.

Was a silver Kia Rio...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw a 10 D 2** focus in rathfarnham, can't quite remember the number, it was two hundred and something though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

SK1979 wrote: »
    Spotted 10-D-601 this morning at traffic lights near the Darndale Hilton.

Was a silver Kia Rio...

coming up on mywheels as a Chevrolet Aveo... looks very similar to the Kia Rio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

10-w-222 today

Focus Tdci. Looked weird seeing a 10 reg plate

Flyer1 wrote: »
    10-w-222 today

Focus Tdci. Looked weird seeing a 10 reg plate
    Now that you mention it the one I saw has a sans serif font, so it looked like |0

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

completely forgot to keep an eye out for these.. probably as I was too busy trying to keep the car on the road with all the ice lately.. :D

Id say they will be rare alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Saw a new Audi with 10 D 81X coming out of Drogheda around 7 last night. Can't have been regged long as I got 73X on a car around 12.00 yesterday lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Seen a 10-LH-*** on a Renault Clio on the donore road in drogheda yesterday.

Also I know someone who changes his 4x4 every 3 years and his reg has ALWAYS ended in 1010, bet he's pissed because next year he'll be having a white 11-D-1010 Range Rover :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

picture.php?albumid=443&pictureid=4613

Make MERCEDES-BENZ
    Model ML
    Description 280 CDI COMMERCIAL 4DR AUTO
    Fuel Type DIESEL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I haven't seen one!! I live in Dublin though, when I drive outside Dublin I am sure I will see loads.

Both 10-L-201 and 10-LK-201 are black 1.2 Corsa Clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Picked it up yesterday - Subaru Impreza 2.0 TDS. God bless AWD.

As they say, a lively yoke for a diesel.

Muppet Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement