Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Reg Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Passed 1000 for Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

should have gotten a pic of these 2. Seen a 10-D-346 Civic and then a 10-D-*** Touareg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Obviously the first week in Jan is going to always be brisk but all things considered, hitting 1,000 (still only 800 cars roughly) within 48 hours realistically can't be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Would anyone say the scrappage scheme is contributing to the up-surge in registrations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I get the feeling you may see it jump (a little) again. From talking to people it seems a fair few customers are delaying delivery until the weather gets a bit better - they're not gagging for delivery asap.

This'll have an effect on the regs for this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

10D295 black vw golf tdi on N11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw a 10 L XXX

Older Shape A3. Sucker! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

nice motor...

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Picked it up yesterday - Subaru Impreza 2.0 TDS. God bless AWD.

As they say, a lively yoke for a diesel.

Muppet Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seen a 10 - L - XXX VW Van today - looks funny reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

saw a 10 D gold Z4 today:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Seems to be loads my way, white ford focus 10-LH-*** (must start writing these down!) Was in the 300's anyway! Twas a lovely tdci (along with other badges lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 robdig

saw two-in a row!!!first saw a skoda octavia 10-KE-?? and the ugly toyota urban cruiser 10-D-4??0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

10-LK-XX, Ford Focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I picked up this beast today....:)

100639.jpg

Nice jeep! Best of luck with it...it will be very handy in this weather!

However, I would ask your dealer for a new reg plate for it! The digits on the plate are incorrectly spaced...all too far to the left on the plate. Spoils the look of any car imho. Yes, details count;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Silvera wrote: »
    Nice jeep! Best of luck with it...it will be very handy in this weather!

However, I would ask your dealer for a new reg plate for it! The digits on the plate are incorrectly spaced...all too far to the left on the plate. Spoils the look of any car imho. Yes, details count;)

Ta.

Twas first thing I spotted when I went to pick her up.:o It'll be changed shortly.

I don't think making plates is something the garage owner does too often. He opened the garage & reg'd it on his day off so I let him away with it. Also told me to bring it back for a valet cause the wash was frozen and he wasn't 100% happy with the presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Ta.

Twas first thing I spotted when I went to pick her up.:o It'll be changed shortly.

I don't think making plates is something the garage owner does too often. He opened the garage & reg'd it on his day off so I let him away with it. Also told me to bring it back for a valet cause the wash was frozen and he wasn't 100% happy with the presentation.
    How far did you have to travel for it? given that Galway didn't have a dealer until Christmas week.

ninty9er wrote: »
    How far did you have to travel for it? given that Galway didn't have a dealer until Christmas week.

Roscommon town.

Dublin 1. Sales rep I think...

19096455.jpg?t=1262948018

I saw 10D1110 on the road yesterday - a black VW Golf. It looked quite nice in the sans serif font, the first 10D I've seen where I didn't think it looked "wrong".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Got to see my first one yesterday, had the air of being a demo model sure who'd actually buy one :D
    35248730.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

There's Toyota dealers in Tuam and Roscommon, so it wouldn't be too far, even though the Galway city one was gone.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Dunno if this has been asked already.

But why is the 1 bigger than the 0 on the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Dunno if this has been asked already.

But why is the 1 bigger than the 0 on the year?

Don't know why, but I've a set of plates next to me and there is a difference, it's not just a trick of the light.

Difference it probably around 1mm though. The 1 goes higher than the other numbers at the top. Not sure is all 1's are done that way as it's the only 1 in this reg.

Marlow wrote: »
    There's Toyota dealers in Tuam and Roscommon, so it wouldn't be too far, even though the Galway city one was gone.

/M

One in Athlone as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

in newbridge so far i've seen...

10KE310 Volkswagen Touareg

10KE*** Volkswagen Passat

10KE398 Kia Cee'd

nothying particularly exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Spotted in Newbridge this evening...

10-KE-258 Audi A6

Also spotted my first '10' reg Trade Plate, on the N11 today..

'125-WW-10' (on an unreg s/h Toyota Surf 4x4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

i normally change every 2 yrs. i have a 07 passat but i didnt change last year as i knew this slowdown was coming. i didnt change this year either as last year i think their was a lot of snobbery with 09 plates. I think i will hold on to this until next year and see how all of you get on with the new suberb. I would hate driving a 10 now. I think everyone would be looking at you and turnin up their nose... all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

delly wrote: »
    Got to see my first one yesterday, had the air of being a demo model sure who'd actually buy one :D
    35248730.jpg
    What a horrible lookin car or suv or what ever you call them. i hate them things so much.By the way, If you buy one you get a free arsehole to drive it..........

malcox wrote: »
    i knew this slowdown was comin.

I think the dogs on the street knew it was coming by 2009! ;)

Heres mine from Today. Sh*tty Blackberry phone.

IMG00063.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

sorry, no pics, but saw a 10-d Volvo S60 in Newlands Cross yesterday, a 10-C Avensis in Cork city today, a 10-C c'eed in Knocka in Cork today, a 10-KY 7 Series Beemer in Macroom today...............don't remember this frequency of them last year (when they were '09's!)

The highest Cork one hadn't hit 1,000 yet

malcox wrote: »
    If you buy one you get a free arsehole to drive it..........

Are you available?:P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

cjmcork wrote: »
    a 10-KY 7 Series Beemer

hmmm.. i'm no county reg plate snob but that could hurt the resale value of that beast in a few years!

PaulKK wrote: »
    hmmm.. i'm no county reg plate snob but that could hurt the resale value of that beast in a few years!

Oh God, please don't start all that again... :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

There was a 10 car on the RTE news earlier, or maybe it was yesterday, when it was showing one of many clips of the snow! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I don't think, the owner particularly cares. Usually, when you buy a 7-series BMW, it would be for life anyhow :D

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Not I spotted a 10 reg as such but if you are curious to see how many new Superbs have been sold so far this month in Kildare say - this site will do it - really handy!

http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/stats/

It even tells you what colours they were! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

RedorDead wrote: »
    Not I spotted a 10 reg as such but if you are curious to see how many new Superbs have been sold so far this month in Kildare say - this site will do it - really handy!

Thanks a million for that, very interesting for us car nuts!:D

Not sure if this is the best place for discussion, but whats after happening the insignia? Plenty of them sold last year but so far this year, less registered than the VW Jetta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

One of the neighbours departed in his 06 Golf this morning to arrive back an hour or 2 later in a 10 Golf. Haven't ventured to see if it's diesel or petrol, but will be heading out shortly and will report back with an edit.

Edit: 1.4 Trend, not the TSI, the normal one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Got a 10 mazda 3 1.6 diesel aluminiium (silver) here.Nice car.http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mazda-3-2010-img_1.jpg

• Advertisement

One of the neighbours departed in his 06 Golf this morning to arrive back an hour or 2 later in a 10 Golf. Haven't ventured to see if it's diesel or petrol, but will be heading out shortly and will report back with an edit.

Hmm. Seen lots of entry level Golfs as 2010 lately not many Comfort or even Highlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that, very interesting for us car nuts!:D

+1 really interesting stuff! in kildare, the focus is the number 1 selling diesel so far, but doesnt feature in the top 10 petrols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭sk8board

brilliant site for the stats hounds like me!

wow, some of the marques having a poor start, even by recession standards:
    3 Alfa's?
    6 Land Rover/Range Rovers?
    7 Lexus?
    2 Saab?

Incidently, are these pre-order totals up or down on last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

30 Mitsubishi Outlanders so far....will be at least 31 hopefully this week...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭sk8board

still can't believe I haven't come across a '10 reg yet; I've been out of town, and I guess I'm not out on the roads as much, plus theres not as many cars on the roads to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

saw 10-C-1 last night

Lord Mayor of Cork

fantastic black Ford Mondeo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Neighbour picked up his 2010 Seat Altea XL on Friday........and skidded on ice into the back of someone on Sunday. Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Stato Alert! ;)

Big jump in MERC E-CLASS, Big drop in buses.

McSpud wrote: »
    Stato Alert! ;)

Big jump in MERC E-CLASS, Big drop in buses.

I was behind a car transpoter today with 7 E Class on it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

1922 wrote: »
    saw 10-C-1 last night

Lord Mayor of Cork

fantastic black Ford Mondeo

Jaysus isnt that terrible - he should be showing an example and get a prius or something similar

Advertisement