Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten free suet?

Options
  • 01-01-2010 9:38pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where I could buy gluten free suet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Is Atora Vegetarian Suet not gluten free?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, I would have thought that suet was pure fat and hence gluten free.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I would have thought that suet was pure fat and hence gluten free.
    Commercial shredded suet, both veggy and non-veggy, often has a small amount of flour added as a coating to stop it sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Ah okay.

Why not get some fresh beef suet from your local butcher. Suet is essentially beef fat which your butcher would be throwing away anyway.

Remember to use it on the day you purchase it as it can get pretty stinky.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks guys :) I'll try the butcher.

The atora veg suet is 59% suet and contains flour :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Alun wrote: »
    Commercial shredded suet, both veggy and non-veggy, often has a small amount of flour added as a coating to stop it sticking.

I didn't know that.

Advertisement