Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could bring just one game to a desert island...

Options
  • 01-01-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

So, what's it to be? You have your choice of console or gaming rig, whatever specs needed if it's pc. It will have taken you months to build the damn thing out of coconuts, but now you can play that one game you happened to have in your carry on luggage when the plane crashed.

What is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

A PSP and street fighter alpha 4 (or whatever) so when i crack up and break the fecking thing ill have all the time in the world to reflect on my anger issues, and that **** game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Shryke wrote: »
    I like games but I'm sorry. I'll take a woman a little something like this.
    Pah. She's already there! I never said you were alone on the desert island. She's there and you still need something to do while she's making coconut steak or whatever for dinner. Now pick a game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Prob Fifa 2010 for me because,its very long lasting or football manager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Probably Disgaea. Item world = thousands of hours of gameplay. May not be my favourite game, but probably the one I could spend endless hours playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3 or else Fifa 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Halo (First One)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Super Mario World. Could spend months trying to find everything in that, and then still want to do it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Probably Civilisation 4 or maybe 2 depending on the amount of coconut RAM.

d22ontour wrote: »
    Ew a pretty face is one thing but a chick with no body ? Seriously if she was topless you wouldn't need a nsfw tag on the pic.Skinny chicks with no boobs are not sexeh ffs. :eek:
    Plus they don't make good eating when the coconuts run out. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pokemon Gold/Silver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Shryke wrote: »
    I like games but I'm sorry. I'll take a woman a little something like this.

Why do people always do this in these threads :confused:... great you like the wimmins, how manly of you... now back to the topic at hand.

I'd probably pick something simple... and highscore based also. Mario Kart is a good one. Even now I'll still try and beat my ghost in the time trials on my GBA:SP when on long plane journeys.

Tetris is another, I still have the old original Gameboy cartridge that I play on my GBA now... that game never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If I could play multiplayer online etc then Street Fighter 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Jim wrote: »
    If I could play multiplayer online etc then Street Fighter 4.

I'm pretty sure if you could play multiplayer online, the first message anyone would send would be something like "wtf... another scrub Ken, lol... oh btw, stuck on a desert island, HELP!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Folks, seriously, do not post pictures like those again on the games forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Creature wrote: »
    Probably Civilisation 4 or maybe 2 depending on the amount of coconut RAM.

Yep, would have to be Civilization 4 for me too. I cant think of another game i enjoy that has 1/10th the replayability
    that the civ series has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

well since this is 'bringing' a game to a desert island, thus a voluntary thing, :p then there might be some satellite internet set up or some ****e, so a big hefty mmo would seem like a good choice since they can go on for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Probably Peggle Deluxe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

As much as I hate it for taking over my life, I'd have to say WoW.

Not sure if I could choose a singleplayer game... Maybe something like Peggle, or Geometry Wars 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Football Manager, no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Mass Effect 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Pokemon Glod/Silver is the only choice

Or Shin Mega Ten: Nocturne mebbe.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Question: Which game teaches me how to survive on a desert island?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Would prob be WoW for me, the game is practically never ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For the greatest story ever, Final Fantasy 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

After this game has consumed the last week of my life... i think i have to go for XCOM: Enemy Unknown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

www.quakelive.com

or Heroes of Newerth (both if i hd a net connection)

failing that, it'd have to be civilisation 2 or 4. ooohhh or maybe birth of the federation

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Rock Band.....hollowed out, inside-waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Grimebox wrote: »
    After this game has consumed the last week of my life... i think i have to go for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Wait til you get to Terror From the Deep. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Overheal wrote: »
    Question: Which game teaches me how to survive on a desert island?

Monkey Island. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Tombi!

For it's longevity of doing all 130 missions and also a bit of nostalgia :D

Advertisement