Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Ring Scratch

Options
  • 01-01-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the right forum but I wa just bought GTA the new episodes for christmas and went to play the game, i must of moving the xbox and now the game is unplayable as there is a perfect ring scratch all around the disc......does anybody know of anyway to fix this scratch at all?i can hardly bring it back to the store no ha?Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Please move the thread if its not in the right category, just this was the one i thought seemed appropiate....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

You can get discs repaired in smyths or game for about €3 and it usually sorts any scratches out. Always worked for me anyway. They sand off a layer of the disk to make it all new and shiny again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

This can indeed happen if the xbox is moved from a vertical position to a horizontal or vice versa while the disc is spinning

Smyths is worth a go. There's videos on youtube of people fixing this with rubbing coumpound etc .... I imagine they do something similar there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anyone else think this thread was going to be about something COMPLETELY different. I thought I was in AH for a second, lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I've been sold dodgy disks before, so if it never worked to begin with no harm bringing it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I moved my xbox once while I was playing GTA 4 and it got a circle scratch too. I brought it back to tesco and said that it was like that when I opened it and got a full refund :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You can get discs repaired in smyths or game for about €3 and it usually sorts any scratches out. Always worked for me anyway. They sand off a layer of the disk to make it all new and shiny again.

I'm down burnout 3 and GT 3 over this issue, bloody ps2 eats games.

Never knew this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Sound lads very much appreciated....had mates trying to get me to rub toothpaste and peanut butter on it.....was gonna bring it back but the girlfriend got it in gamestop and id presume they'd know that it wouldnt of come like that!!!!!ill try get it repaired....thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got myself one of those disk doctor thingys, as my copy of RE5 had this happen to it.
    (Though the gfs little brothers say they never moved the console... :rolleyes:)
    The disk doctor worked a treat, also sorted out other disks that had gotten scratched over time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The toothpaste trick actually does work. Look on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Fringe wrote: »
    The toothpaste trick actually does work. Look on youtube.

aye, handy for getting hairline scratches out of your psp/mp3/phone screens too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i tried the toothpaste trick on one of my games and it didnt help. but I borrowed a friends copy installed it to hard drive and gave back his copy, so I was able to finish the game with the installed copy without issue.

Advertisement