Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blogs written by Irish teenagers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

http://mistersnrub.wordpress.com/

So yeah, I finally got a proper blog. I may never actually use it but sure it's there now anyway. I'm currently findind C&Hers and adding them to my "blogroll" (such fabulous terminology.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I <3 blogrolls! I shall add you to mine. \o/

My blog is linked in my sig and is here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hahaha, Mister Snrub! :D

Classic Simpsons reference, bravo sir!

Unfortunately knifewrench was taken. I do rather love Mr.Snrub though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oooohhh, It's "Burns" backwards!!!

...that took a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Heh, reminds me of this

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

http://mistersnrub.wordpress.com/

So yeah, I finally got a proper blog. I may never actually use it but sure it's there now anyway. I'm currently findind C&Hers and adding them to my "blogroll" (such fabulous terminology.)

Added. :D

Mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Someone in Austrailia reads my blog O_o

Random...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hotaru wrote: »

Random...

And I got an obscene amount of traffic from Sligo!.........creeps

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    And I got an obscene amount of traffic from Sligo!.........creeps

*cough* SligoBrewer *cough*

;)

*cough* SligoBrewer *cough*

;)

Really?

I'd have never guessed........

Really?

I'd have never guessed........

Just bigging up the love...

Just bigging up the love...

Oh creepy Sligo people <3

Oh creepy Sligo people <3

We do our best :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Random...

World wide reputation for the epic blogging. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I started a new blog, it's basically about getting nice stuff for free/cheap, aimed at people with tight budgets. It's called Frugal Fancies. It only has one post so far but I'll be updating it regularly enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just added you to my subscribed list. Hope to see some shopping tips for lads in there too! :p

I should probably update my own blog more often >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Davidius wrote: »
    DingosAteMyBaby's blog puts all of yours to shame.

How could I have missed out on such a compliment:eek: Especially from such an esteemed source;)

Link to my blog in my sig. Each post is done and dusted in a nhour and I don't do any of that editing malarky. Someone told me a few months ago that if I put a bitta effort in and did some proper editing then it could be really good.

Meh to that I'm happy with mediocrity. I will be updating at least once a week from now on I've decided.

Ch..ch..check it out, would appreciate any form of feedback.

Unless it's in any way negative. Then just STFU.:cool: Nah you can tell me if it's shoite I don't mind...

Piste wrote: »
    I started a new blog, it's basically about getting nice stuff for free/cheap, aimed at people with tight budgets. It's called Frugal Fancies. It only has one post so far but I'll be updating it regularly enough.
    Link to my blog in my sig.

^ both added to blogroll.

Mine is in my sig too, but I've been overdosing on whining self pity recently. =/ I'm gonna try and be less depressing in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Piste wrote: »

Yay, you stuck with that name! \o/ I shall add it to my blogroll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Unless it's in any way negative. Then just STFU.:cool: Nah you can tell me if it's shoite I don't mind...

I like your blog :D Its so full of metaphors, I can see the LC English students lining up to take them all down :P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I like your blog :D Its so full of metaphors, I can see the LC English students lining up to take them all down :P

Haha thanks buuuuuuuut I'm pretty sure those metaphors wouldn't be suitable for the Leaving Cert curriculum:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

How could I have missed out on such a compliment:eek: Especially from such an esteemed source;)

Link to my blog in my sig. Each post is done and dusted in a nhour and I don't do any of that editing malarky. Someone told me a few months ago that if I put a bitta effort in and did some proper editing then it could be really good.

Meh to that I'm happy with mediocrity. I will be updating at least once a week from now on I've decided.

The second paragraph is absolutely fantastic. Well done sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Quick bump. Just had a new theme designed for the blog, and made a facebook fanpage for it too. So for the folk who seemed to enjoy the blog earlier in the thread, do join up, I'd be ever so grateful. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walshonet/163969473628301

"Liked" :)

Might get back into blogging again in the next few weeks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

So my friend is a blogger and is always at me to create a tumblr account, since I post a lot about myself here I thought I might aswell show you my blog.

Should be fun, never really got into blogging. Don't expect anything overwhelming as I'm a complete noob at this :D.

http://maybesean.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

Howyez! I'm enjoying reading through the links in this thread. Started my own this week, Lovely Noise - it's a mix really, but with a focus on music, style and general creativity... Would love some feedback! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Bev wrote: »
    Howyez! I'm enjoying reading through the links in this thread. Started my own this week, Lovely Noise - it's a mix really, but with a focus on music, style and general creativity... Would love some feedback! :o
    Not much to go on there at the moment, I take it's a more female-orientated blog though, which wouldn't be surprising considering you are, well, female. :P What type of audience are you trying to reach...?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

Yeah, it's only a baby at the moment! If you read the latest post that kind of explains the question of what audience I'm going for. I don't want it to be solely female-orientated though - hopefully when I've posted a bit more it won't seem that way. There'll be a lot of music posts coming for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Bev wrote: »
    Yeah, it's only a baby at the moment! If you read the latest post that kind of explains the question of what audience I'm going for. I don't want it to be solely female-orientated though - hopefully when I've posted a bit more it won't seem that way. There'll be a lot of music posts coming for sure.
    Well that post is more of a meditation on what you're thinking of blogging about rather than what audience you're trying to reach. But sure I guess it's a tough question to answer, I think most people's approach is to blog about what they like and see what sticks. The pink and stuff makes it look female-orientated though, just sayin', if you're trying to appeal to guys too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Browners90

recently got back into blogging after the summer. started it just to rant and rave and share my summer with friends who were far away, and now find that its a helpful medium to express things and seem to get a positive response so happy days :D

something to smile about in times of recession?
    http://browners90.blogspot.com/2010/12/listen-lads-were-actually-class.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just went through this and added the regulars to my google reader subscriptions which I have revived from the depths of the internet.

Erm....bump.
    I decided to try my hand at blogging again.

http://mistersnrub2.wordpress.com/

I enjoyed my blog for a while but eventually it became too depressing and personal. This time around I'm not gonna talk about myself all the time, and direct my anger towards other matters instead!
    And only a handful of posters here ever actually read the damn thing.....well, if that one didn't put you off maybe this one will! :p

(And I won't go crazy and delete it, like I did with the last one.....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Erm....bump.
    I decided to try my hand at blogging again.

http://mistersnrub2.wordpress.com/

I enjoyed my blog for a while but eventually it became too depressing and personal. This time around I'm not gonna talk about myself all the time, and direct my anger towards other matters instead!
    And only a handful of posters here ever actually read the damn thing.....well, if that one didn't put you off maybe this one will! :p

(And I won't go crazy and delete it, like I did with the last one.....)
    You were on my google reader subscriptions but I stopped using reader altogether after about a month :o

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

I started a blog here, if anybody cares. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Anyone else have a tumblr? I'm getting way too obsessed with that site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Whats the best website to set up a blog on in ye're opinion? I'm tempted to give it a go.

Whats the best website to set up a blog on in ye're opinion? I'm tempted to give it a go.

Wordpress is probably the best one. The various functions and settings are great.

I still feel closer to my old Blogger.com blog! :o On the bright side, I was able to transfer everything from the old one into Wordpress.

Wordpress is the best imo - tons more features and much easier to use after a little getting used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I used to hate Tumblr, but when I started to use it, I realised that it's actually a BRILLIANT blogging platform. All it takes is resisting the urge to post useless content and following the right people.

http://ovrplydpiano.tumblr.com - some poems and long-form rants coming up shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's not really a proper serious blog, 90% is just pictures I think I are funny and/or cool: http://thechildoftheinternet.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Link below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Lawliet wrote: »
    It's not really a proper serious blog, 90% is just pictures I think I are funny and/or cool: http://thechildoftheinternet.tumblr.com/

Your blog is so addictive...

*trawls through pages*

I updated my blog last night for the first time since September.

*warning*
    It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to write.

http://www.blog-an-fhile.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

www.Screaminmidget.tumblr.com

Same as lawliet really, only add funny pictures :P

Hers is way better though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I have a blog ( I'm not a teenager :p) but I'm a little unsure about revealing my anonymity to the whole of Boards.. so if you'd like a look, just PM me :).
    It's nothing amazing, mainly a photoblog, with a few random thoughts thrown in here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Walsho and Insect Overlord's blogs are superb in totally different ways, makes me consider starting up a blog they are that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have my own beauty blog it's ihazabeautyblog.com

I also have a Tumblr of random stuff which I need to update badly. happyfacecrazy.tumblr.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Your blog is absolutely brilliant IO. Even if I set one up, there's no way I could be as honest and open in it as you are.

EDIT: I now have set one up, not sure what'll come of this, but sure I'll give it a shot!

http://rickdaglessmd.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Me blog isn't really for those of you who don't like yer sport, but sher give it a click! Rebellious Teen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement