Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living Partners entitiled for Shared Tax Credits ?

• 02-01-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

I am living with my partner for over 2 years. She lost her job few months ago. I was just wondering can i use her tax credit as i am supporting her now ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nope. However, due to a perversity of Irish law, she can be assessed for social welfare purposes as if you are married, meaning she could be entitled to less as you're still in employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chanak

ixoy wrote: »
    Nope. However, due to a perversity of Irish law, she can be assessed for social welfare purposes as if you are married, meaning she could be entitled to less as you're still in employment.

Well we are not married yet but do have a baby togeather. I think that wouldnt make any difference either so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Nope- married only - sorry.

Advertisement