Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to meet another like minded lesbian

Options
  • 02-01-2010 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

ok just looking for some ideas im 27 i come from the midlands so no gay bars etc but i am interested in meeting new people had a 3 year relationship that ended. so looking for friends then maybe more, just want to find someone as straight forward as me and trusting. always up for a laugh i love travel and nites to relax

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Not really a classifieds forum, try gaycork.com, Gaire.ie, Queerid.com ect ect

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

there's a social group in westmeath www.westmeath.com

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 taz007

thanks for the reply guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

gaire.com is a good one. A mate of mine has made some of his best friends online there. Nice group and very friendly. It's easy to score online but finding a group of mates is more difficult. The only lesbian I know is my girlfriend and the only lesbian she knows is me! I have no idea how that happened but that's the way it turned out in the end. The women's nights in Outhouse have been recommended to me, very welcoming and full of people in the same situation as yourself...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are lots of lesbians on Gaire. Come to the next meet and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

New Dublin LGBTQ Womens Social Networking Club just starting up.

Link
    http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-LGBTQ-W...tworking-Club/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

diddlybit wrote: »
    The women's nights in Outhouse have been recommended to me, very welcoming and full of people in the same situation as yourself...

Thats very heartening news to hear, as somebody told me a year or two ago that group was in a bad way (I don't know though if it was true or she was trying to barge in and start meddling with it, as she was trying to do with a couple of other groups). Its great to hear they've found a new lease of life, I used to go there about 10 years ago and met a lot of very nice women, including one long since ex girlfriend who is now a very close and dear friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    there's a social group in westmeath www.westmeath.com
    Sorry that should have said www.gaywestmeath.com

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

shoegirl wrote: »
    Thats very heartening news to hear, as somebody told me a year or two ago that group was in a bad way (I don't know though if it was true or she was trying to barge in and start meddling with it, as she was trying to do with a couple of other groups). Its great to hear they've found a new lease of life, I used to go there about 10 years ago and met a lot of very nice women, including one long since ex girlfriend who is now a very close and dear friend.

Oh no, it was recommended to me ages ago, but just never went. It's awful that they are not doinf well, it's a good alternative to meeting people in a bar which isnt really conducive to finding friends. Bi-Ireland is no longer up and running either methinks (or at least it wasnt about a year ago.)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

Over 150 women have signed up in this Club since Jan. 3rd.

http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-LGBTQ-Womens-Social-Networking-Club

• Advertisement
Advertisement