Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Blu-rays online and offline

Options
  • 02-01-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Where the best places to get them ?

I just got PS3 and HD TV :) and i want to try some out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Online:

Check out my thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783516

More deals here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=pe_13031_18003391_pe_11Q3/

www.play.com can be decent too, as can www.cdwow.ie, www.thehut.co.uk andwww.sendit.com

Use www.bethrifty.ie cand get cashback.

Offline:

HMV seem to be fairly decent. I got The Matrix for €12 which is OK for bricks and mortar.

Got Layer Cake from Xtravision for €10.

Blu Rays (seem) more durable than DVDs so cheap second-hands can also be good value in Xtravision.

Gamestop have a deal where if you trade in an old Blu ay you get €5 off the price of anew one. Could work out handy if you buy cheap Blu from say Gamestop and do a switcheroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'd say about 90% of the time, online will be cheaper. You will get the odd bargain, usually in hmv, offline but its rare. I got Curious Case of Benjamin Button for €11.99 the other day.

But online you should check out amazon.co.uk and also play.com's sale section. If you want to see how good HD can look I would instantly recommend the Planet Earth boxset and also its sequel Life (i have yet to get this but its on my must buy list). Even if your not usually into nature documentaries (like myself), it's still highly recommended. You can get that for about €30 from both play and amazon

Advertisement