Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung LE40B650

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The 40B650 is a great set alright and great value for money really. I'm gonna be honest with you, everything about the Samsung would be in a different galaxy compared to the Bush, they claim 200Hz but i'd be fairly confident that set wouldnt handle motion as well as the Samsung. Samsung are the BEST manufacturer of LCD's at the moment, bar no-one. You would only find that Bush set at Argos, which tells you how much R & D would have gone into any bit of it. By contrast the processing chip in that B650 cost Samsung 1 billion dollars to develop! Hope that puts it into perspective! :D

Whats more, just during the week, i saw the Samsung for sale in a shop in Cork for 847€, really very good value for money considering the picture quality of the set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

im after the le40b650 aswell. ive been reading reviews and threads on other forums about this tv for a week or two and it seems to be one of the best around. from what i gathered there seems to be two downsides, the speakers seem to be poor and if your going to be using this tv for gaming there's supposed to be high input lag but this seems to be ok when you turn on game mode or pc mode. in saying all that i haven't actually played any games on it or listened to the sound coming from the speakers so i dont know how true it is. the cheapest i've seen it for was €818 in harvey normans and €859 in D.I.D both in waterford and sale prices. overall it looks like a great lcd tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get a plasma for gaming.

mailrewop wrote: »
    im after the le40b650 aswell. ive been reading reviews and threads on other forums about this tv for a week or two and it seems to be one of the best around. from what i gathered there seems to be two downsides, the speakers seem to be poor and if your going to be using this tv for gaming there's supposed to be high input lag but this seems to be ok when you turn on game mode or pc mode. in saying all that i haven't actually played any games on it or listened to the sound coming from the speakers so i dont know how true it is. the cheapest i've seen it for was €818 in harvey normans and €859 in D.I.D both in waterford and sale prices. overall it looks like a great lcd tv.

€818? Thats the cheapest i've heard of it in an Irish shop to date :)

I'd be concerned about the lag too but like you say with game mode or pc mode, it really wouldnt be any worse than most sets. truth be told i'm looking at a 40B650 to, and at 818€, thats scarcely dearer than it would be delivered by richersounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Zonda999 wrote: »
    €818? Thats the cheapest i've heard of it in an Irish shop to date :)

I'd be concerned about the lag too but like you say with game mode or pc mode, it really wouldnt be any worse than most sets. truth be told i'm looking at a 40B650 to, and at 818€, thats scarcely dearer than it would be delivered by richersounds!

i dont know how long it will be at that price because before christmas it was €859 in harveys and when i went back down around two days after christmas it was €818 and i think the sale ends tomorrow. so it might go back up to €859 or more but knowing harvey normans when the sale ends sunday there will be a new one starting monday.

• Advertisement

mailrewop wrote: »
    i dont know how long it will be at that price because before christmas it was €859 in harveys and when i went back down around two days after christmas it was €818 and i think the sale ends tomorrow. so it might go back up to €859 or more but knowing harvey normans when the sale ends sunday there will be a new one starting monday.

Absolutely, the fact that it was ever at 818€ is enough to tell me that if i went in there any time in the next month and offered 820€, i wouldnt be refused! :D

To be fair too, the equivilent model last year, the 40A656 was about 1250€ in there little over a year ago, over 400€ is a decent dip

Advertisement