Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopped going into a club for been drunk!

• 02-01-2010 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Before this is locked and i get banned:D.I don't drink booze.One night i was out with some guys from college because we finished our exams.We started off at a pub and everyone was buying each others drinks.My drink of choice was red bull.Long story short we were there from 9-12 and decided to go to the club.There was a group of 20 of us and as we were going to the club myself and another guy (who was truly sozzled) got stopped for been drunk.I was shocked as i had not one drop of beer in me.I was arguing with the bouncer and asking him how long he's been at it cant he give me some sobriety test like the guards do(lame i know).He was having none of it.Went away home so i did and one of the guys rang me next day and told me why i didn't get in apparently my eyes were blinking at different times (I had 15 cans of red bull people were buying me pint glasses of it).Needless to say the lads got a great kick out of it that i was the only sober one of em and didn't get in:D.

Does anyone else have any similar stories to share :D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Yep, all that Red Bull will do that to you!

I am not actually a non-drinker, but I had an interesting situation one night in Galway where I only decided at around 10.30pm to go out and meet a friend who had been on the beer all day. I met him, his wife and a couple of others and they were all well on it. I was only 2 mins in the pub when they decided to go to the nightclub, so I decided to hold off on getting a pint until we went into the nightclub.

Bouncer flat refused me. Never even glanced at the rest of them.

Raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

15 Cans of redbull? How are you not dead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

unreggd wrote: »
    It wasn't too bad :D i did get heart palpitations and didn't sleep for two days but don't worry never gonna drink that amount again:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Deoir

I've been there, Savoy in Cork a few years back.

I had a small going out purse that had funky badges on it, one of them was my pioneer badge that I had since I was 16, showed this to the bouncer but he said that I could have gotten that anywhere.

I was on nought but lucosade since 10 but was flat out refused entry because I was "paraletic" according to the bouncer.

I actually laughed at him, it didn't help.

I did get in but only because I knew one of the flyer people that was coming back from the pub run who told the bouncer flat out that I had never drank and asked if he should be on the door if he can't tell the difference between a drunk person and someone without a drop.

T'was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I used to get stopped alot in limmerick in first year of college. but at this stage most bouncers know me so its not a problem

Galway is the worst ive been refused on so many occasions ive lost count:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

unreggd wrote: »

That's one sure way to destroy your liver in record time!

Did you know Red Bull is banned in France, Denmark, Norway & almost every state (or county as we'd know it) in Germany?

A bottle of Whiskey or any spirit for that matter would probably do less damage to your liver than 15 cans of red bull.

I'm always amazed to see the amount of people drinking Vodka & red Bull. I don't get it. It's like an upper & a downer at the same time. A battle going on in your body. It doesn't know what it's doing.

Irish people think it's great because they can drink more Vodka. We're in for a serious shock in the years to come, especially in young women. Liver problems of every description. An epidemic almost.

It's evil stuff :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Did you know Red Bull is banned in France, Denmark, Norway & almost every state (or county as we'd know it) in Germany?/QUOTE]

could you not just have said banned in germany? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Vero

red bull isn't banned in germany, we even have these red bull shots (it's like 2 or 3 cans) now

Advertisement