Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best garlic sauce?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

I make a lot of chicken fillets and recently i had a chicken fillet kebab (chicken shish kebab) in hot chilli which is around the corner from whelans and the village. I've never tasted anything as good. Their garlic and chili sauces are astounding. Also, some cheese made it even tastier. I also went for chicken fillet burgers with the same sauces and cheese and it was unbelievable.

I probably won't be able to buy that particular garlic sauce but i am looking for something similar. Something i can just buy in a shop and don't have to make. Im also looking for a good chili sauce too. Any suggestions?

Finally, is this garlic sauce good for you? i'd imagine so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most garlic sauces like you get in kebab places in supermarkets will be quite high in oil so not particularly good for you. I think some of the places might use yoghurt which would be better. Heinz do a garlic & herb sauce which is similar to pizza garlic sauce tubs. You can also get garlic mayo.

I would highly recommend Franks Red Hot chilli sauce, it is quite mild and very tasty, I think it is made with just peppers, vinegar & garlic.

2233425972_b35707e1ce.jpg

lots of people raving about it here, with shops that have it listed http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175

Advertisement