Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Reading 2/1/10 FA Cup 3rd Round Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

woeful performance.lucas was good in the first half,but pools best player was torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cmyk wrote: »
    Torres deserves a goal...Liverpool don't.

Who does he play for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

ha

Headshot wrote: »
    reading were unlucky there

they played great stuff

thats cause liverpool were ****e today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Shambolic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If I was a Liverpool fan I would be embarrassed by that second half performance. They were just dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I feel sorry for Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anplaya wrote: »
    thats cause liverpool were ****e today.

nothing to do with Reading closing ye down and not letting ye play ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Terrible stuff, Insua and Aurelio, are you kidding me?? Terrible. Gerrard, awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Could've done without the extra game.

We'll take them at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

but anytime liverpool outplay UTD or any other big team its cos the other team were shambolic and not cos liverpool didnt let them play. jeez! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

shocking performance for the pool, fair play to Reading, they deserved to knock us out there. Immediate responses,
    Insua, maybe for the future but in our current form we cant afford a player that slow and defensively inept.
    Darby, not a bad game
    Centre backs, tell Lucas to f**k off upfield, I'm sure you can manage the sideways passes between the pair of you.
    Kuyt, like Father Ted's Lourdes money, needs a good long rest
    Torres, legend
    Benayoun, should never be dropped, still needs a good feeding
    Lucas, again playing right up to his ability, fair play to him for that at least.
    Torres, brilliant
    Gerrard, no idea what to think on that one.
    Rafa, get them passing properly for Christs sake, maybe allow a few players to move around the pitch instead of taking the ball standing still. The only passes that went to feet were across the front of the Reading defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nando deserves so much better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

noodler wrote: »
    Who does he play for?

I basically mean, he was the only player making inroads in that match, always looked dangerous and willing to take people on, on top of intelligent passing, how many of the other players today did that? Benayoun, Lucas and Darby seemed to be the most passionate of the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Lacklustre, no heart and well...pretty sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Shocking performance, outplayed by Reading. Hoofing the ball to nobody, never getting it down and under control. Lucas having a good first half was one of the only positives, Aurelio and Insua were shocking. Rafa was slow to make changes again, don't think he's the right man for the job, it's like watching the Houllier era all over again. The defending was pathetic, whether you agree or disagree with zonal marking you don't allow a player to stand on your keeper, how he sees this and its not someones job to keep the player off him is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

will whoever abducted steven gerrard during the summer and replaced him with that fake, please return him at once as he is needed :p

positives for liverpool fans, let me see, darby outside the misjudgement at the corner for the reading goal was very solid

and thats about it

Insua really is the weak link back there, the amount of times he got skinned by the small reading player(his name eludes me atm) rafa cant play benni against some teams because of insua serious lack of pace

he still only 20yrs old so still will learning, he wont beable to increase his speed but he maybe able to develope better position and better tackling to composite for his lack of pace

like John Terry

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Could've done without the extra game.

Yeah one more game we have to endure in this poxy season.

• Advertisement

Insua really is the weak link back there, the amount of times he got skinned by the small reading player(his name eludes me atm) rafa cant play benni against some teams because of insua serious lack of pace

he still only 20yrs old so still will learning, he wont beable to increase his speed but he maybe able to develope better position and better tackling to composite for his lack of pace

like John Terry

Thing is though thats ok for a centre half, for instance Carra and as you say Terry were never really renowned for their pace, but you have to be pacy in the full back position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome performance from Liverpool, a good draw away from home in difficult conditions against a top Reading team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'm being deadly serious when I say that Gerrard needs to be dropped. His performances lately have been a disgrace and his laziness can no longer be tolerated.

Thing is though thats ok for a centre half, for instance Carra and as you say Terry were never really renowned for their pace, but you have to be pacy in the full back position.

ya thats true

probably a good example then would be Gary Nev
    I dont think he was ever that fast but a damn fine RB in his time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Fair play to reading, as bad as Liverpool were reading were super. Worked like beasts throughout.

How in gods name are they in a relegation battle?
    I'm sure their fans will be pleased with their performance but should be a little peeved they can only raise their game for Liverpools visit.

I'm being deadly serious when I say that Gerrard needs to be dropped. His performances lately have been a disgrace and his laziness can no longer be tolerated.

No thats not the answer, he plyed well against Villa, he just need a good swift kick in the bollox.

Fair play to reading, as bad as Liverpool were reading were super. Worked like beasts throughout.

They're really a pedestrian, mediocre Championship side that just raised their game for the big occasion. I was convinced liverpool would hammer them.:eek:

ya thats true

probably a good example then would be Gary Nev
    I dont think he was ever that fast but a damn fine LB in his time

Yeah good example.

Its a position(amongst others) that needs looking at, the amount of goals we've conceded from balls from that side is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I'm sure their fans will be pleased with their performance but should be a little peeved they can only raise their game for Liverpools visit.
    Shop window for Reading players that's why.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Nando deserves so much better than this.
    Agreed. Liverpool should just sell him.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Agreed. Liverpool should just sell him.:rolleyes:

Not quite what I meant. He was fantastic again today and is obviously carrying an injury. Hes entitled to expect a little more from those around him.

They're really a pedestrian, mediocre Championship side that just raised their game for the big occasion. I was convinced liverpool would hammer them.:eek:

The FA cup doesn't work like that in fairness.

Championship sides regularly raise their game in the cup.

No offence but some of your posts show a lack of football knowledge.

Not quite what I meant. He was fantastic again today and is obviously carrying an injury. Hes entitled to expect a little more from those around him.
    Of course it's what you meant. Your fooling nobody with your posts. Very boring stuff tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

This wasn't a good result for the team, but it was a great result for the club.

The unexpected matchday revenue at Anfield from the replay should go a long way towards paying some wages.

Yes, we are one of those clubs who pray for replays now for our financial health.

He was shocking and it wasn't just his pace that was letting him down. If you don't play a left side midfielder with any threat going forward then it allows their right back to push on, Aurelio was no threat down the left and that caused us problems. You gotta have Yossi on instead of Aurelio, you can make excuses but Yossi is one of the most threating players we have and is good in possession where as Aurelio is a half decent squad player (and thats being generous)

spockety wrote: »
    This wasn't a good result for the team, but it was a great result for the club.

The unexpected matchday revenue at Anfield from the replay should go a long way towards paying some wages.

Yes, we are one of those clubs who pray for replays now for our financial health.
    So true it hurts

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Of course it's what you meant. Your fooling nobody with your posts. Very boring stuff tbh.

Meh. I don't think anyone could argue with my point.

Also LOL:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63747277&postcount=9466

Ok and who do we bring in ahead of him, he did nothing in the second half but if you think we have anything better in CM at the moment then I think your deluded. Remember he was the one who scored the goal today, he also got one against Wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

That was pretty poor stuff from Liverpool. Sure Reading were fired up for it but they were very limited in the final third of the field. Pool never took control of the game. Gerrard looked pedestrian. Only Kuyt and Torres and Aurelio can hold their heads up high. From what i've seen of Aquilani, he's not up to the pace of the English game, he'll have to either adapt quickly or become another expensive Italian misfit.

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    He was shocking and it wasn't just his pace that was letting him down. If you don't play a left side midfielder with any threat going forward then it allows their right back to push on, Aurelio was no threat down the left and that caused us problems. You gotta have Yossi on instead of Aurelio, you can make excuses but Yossi is one of the most threating players we have and is good in possession where as Aurelio is a half decent squad player (and thats being generous)

how often did aurelio actually get left, i counted only a few occasions whole match where i saw him on the left inside the reading half, he played 70% of the game in midfield

colly10 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Frankie Lee

Ok and who do we bring in ahead of him, he did nothing in the second half but if you think we have anything better in CM at the moment then I think your deluded. Remember he was the one who scored the goal today, he also got one against Wolves

Anybody with half a clue knows that you don't drop your best players just because they aren't playing to their ability taking into account that their ability is much higher than most of the dross around them.

grenache wrote: »
    From what i've seen of Aquilani, he's not up to the pace of the English game, he'll have to either adapt quickly or become another expensive Italian misfit.

Of course he isn't,he's barely played.

If he was still at Roma he wouldn't be up to the pace of the Italian game either for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

WUM ?

He's the only reason we're still in the FA Cup

rossie1977 wrote: »
    how often did aurelio actually get left, i counted only a few occasions whole match where i saw him on the left inside the reading half, he played 70% of the game in midfield

He was brutal today, he's got a sweet left peg and that's about it but Rafa has a bit of a thing for him so you know how that goes..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

He was brutal today, he's got a sweet left peg and that's about it but Rafa has a bit of a thing for him so you know how that goes..

Aye, it's nothing to do with the fact that our first choice left winger is out through injury or anything. ;)

• Advertisement

in fairness he is a left back asked to play in midfield which isn't doing him any favours, he doesn't have the pace or trickery to play left wing and doesn't have the passing ability to play midfield, imo he should be starting at left back ahead of insua who looks about 20lb overweight atm

Edit: That was meant for the other Liverpool thread

come on ya know as well as i do if liverpool played to their potential they would have beaten them.however theyre not. as i said woeful performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Of course he isn't,he's barely played.

If he was still at Roma he wouldn't be up to the pace of the Italian game either for gods sake.
    I'm not referring to his general fitness. I'm talking about his awareness of players around him and the time he takes on the ball. The time that he got in Italy, he wont get in the English game.

grenache wrote: »
    I'm not referring to his general fitness. I'm talking about his awareness of players around him and the time he takes on the ball. The time that he got in Italy, he wont get in the English game.

All the one imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement