Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Reading 2/1/10 FA Cup 3rd Round Match Thread

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think the players themselves have a lot to answer for with the performances, its simple to blame Rafa as he's been cast into a stage act but calling him Tactically inflexible.. now dont get me wrong I think he's a tactical genius.. he's working with some players that shouldn't be wearing a red jersey, how much responsibility has he had for bringing all of the players in.. do you know ??

To be a good manager, you not only have to be tactically adept on the pitch, but also in the boardroom.

Otherwise, yr just a coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rafa has lots of flaws - not great in the transfer market, not great at winning trophies & spends far too much time writing stuff in a notebook instead of actually managing the team on the field.

i don't know if you're taking the p*ss, given the end of your post, but these are not his flaws.

he's fine in the transfer market; he could do a bit better when buying players in that £6-12m bracket, but he's been great at spending £12m+ on players.

nobody's perfect in the transfer market though.

he's won more trophies than Wenger has in the same 5 years. (i'm not saying he's a better manager, before you go down that road.)

he's stubborn, which is sometimes a strength, and sometimes a weakness.

his flaws mostly stem from the rigidity of his system. when things go wrong, there is no plan B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

To be a good manager, you not only have to be tactically adept on the pitch, but also in the boardroom.

Otherwise, yr just a coach.

Ever hear of office politics ?

Ever hear of office politics ?

I've also heard of good office managers & bad ones. The good ones usually get good results & get good performances from their staff. The bad ones spend a lot of time looking busy & send a lot of e-mails, or write stuff in notebooks instead of actively doing something, like encouraging / b*lloxing their staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Who got MOTM? I really hope it was Lucas, he was immense again today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Melion wrote: »

McAnuff and was deserved I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Melion wrote: »

He did well in the first half, immense is pushing it a bit. I wouldn't be his biggest fan but his first half performance is the first time I seen him and felt that he is likely to become a good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

flahavaj wrote: »
    No, he did OK in the build up to the goal

:confused: He practically scored the goal!

Gerrards shot was tame, no way it beats the keeper without that (very clever imo) dummy from Kuyt.

Credit where credit's due in fairness.He was by no means 'terrible'.

No way did he play anywhere as well as Torres either, Nando was by far our best player today, did someone actually say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

:confused: He practically scored the goal!

Gerrards shot was tame, no way it beats the keeper without that (very clever imo) dummy from Kuyt.

Credit where credit's due in fairness.He was by no means 'terrible'.

No way did he play anywhere as well as Torres either, Nando was by far our best player today, did someone actually say that?

Someone quoted match ratings from goal.com, gave Kuyt 6.5 and Torres only 6. Kuyt's was the highest of any Pool player. Utter bollo*ks IMO.

Since when was missing to connect with a cross considered "clever" as opposed to "lucky that it went in"?

Never mind the offside.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Since when was missing to connect with a cross considered "clever" as opposed to "lucky that it went in"?

Never mind the offside.

He had no intention of touching the ball.

And he was clearly onside

Any other nonsense you'd like to post?

Never mind the offside.

:rolleyes:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Someone quoted match ratings from goal.com, gave Kuyt 6.5 and Torres only 6. Kuyt's was the highest of any Pool player. Utter bollo*ks IMO.

Ta, I just saw it, I agree.

Most of the other ratings were far too generous aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Never mind the offside.

I wont mind the offside, eh, because he was clearly onside.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Who gives a shi/t if he was onside/offside, the goal stood and it didnt hide the fact that once again we were shi/t tonight .

Reading are on a horrible run and are pretty much the whipping boys of the championship. We fielded as strong a lineup as we possible could and we fell so far short of the mark its bordering on ridiculous.

We struggled to get a draw there yet a lot of people here are making excuses for the outcome. Fair enough - teams up it a touch for the cup but we should be still putting this Reading side to the sword,comfortably.

I think its a shockingly bad result and it only further proves how much in the shi/t we really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Never mind the offside.
    Firstly Kuyt dummied it on purpose.

Secondly if you think this is offside you need to go to specsavers:

Untitled_13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone would think Kuyt had a good game tonight. He had a first touch like a teenage virgin getting it on with a MILF

I said it earlier, lets just beat them at Anfield and move swiftly on from this sorry mess

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Firstly Kuyt dummied it on purpose.

Secondly if you think this is offside you need to go to specsavers:

Untitled_13.jpg

Busy night on the Photoshop again.

Advertisement