Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could "aliens" be visitors from the future??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

MadMattDog wrote: »
    If you rule out all the planets we know of that can't support life like ours, there are still 10,000+ that can. Not to mention there can be other forms of life, inteligent life. So it is highly likely that they are future visitors, but I would think had this happened, might they have warned us of disasters we had yet to face, or give us technology they had invented already? Its mind bogoling really...

We have been brainwashed to question there is life out there. There are infinite amount of universes, and planets on every star system. Not to mention life can exist on moons as it does on Jupiter;). Life has shown to already exist in the most extreme places on earth. There is also dark matter soemthing we cant see and lifeforms of beyond our scople of imagination can live there. There is also beings who vibrate so high on light they are spiritual in form and have evoled to to exist beyond physical means. There also beings living on other dimensions that we cannot see.

Its actually funny that people question life:D It's hilarious considering the amount of astrounauts have said they have seen aliens in space. Look at all the UFOS and top secret government technology that is going on around us. Its all very much real, but the conditioning of humanity is whats keeping us from the truth. I.e putting this all in movies.

So when we talk about this here, people laugh and say "don't be daft mysterious I seen that on a hollywood moive haha" The best way to hide the truth is to put it in front of your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Wouldn't this require a deterministic future? If so, would you accept that every action you take has already been determined, and will always be so?

I dont think it is mapped out at all. We can say it is just after it happens, as in that event was going to do that since the dawn of time. We can say that about everything. I can say im going to get up and put on tv, as i do i trip and break leg, now we can say that was mapped out or destined. Its hard to believe it is, but hard to say its not as well after it happened, as now we can say it was always going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I dont think it is mapped out at all. We can say it is just after it happens, as in that event was going to do that since the dawn of time. We can say that about everything. I can say im going to get up and put on tv, as i do i trip and break leg, now we can say that was mapped out or destined. Its hard to believe it is, but hard to say its not as well after it happened, as now we can say it was always going to happen.

Ok, but if people do visit us from the future (his present), which also happens to be the future that we are heading towards, this would indicate that all future events leading to his present at least have taken place, and are therefore now determined for us.

So how does this rub with people?

Ok, but if people do visit us from the future (his present), which also happens to be the future that we are heading towards, this would indicate that all future events leading to his present at least have taken place, and are therefore now determined for us.

So how does this rub with people?

I cant answer this until next weekend haha.

The time thing is one of those hard to comprehend ones. According to relativity theory we can go forward in time at high velocity compared to a relatively stationary observer, but cant go back. From the normal time stationary observer the high velocity moving person appears to have slowed in their ageing process, so when he lands back on earth the person on earth may have passed 10 years while the astronaut passed only a month for example. So the astronaut went forward almost 10 years in time, but neither got a glimpse of the others future.

Now if we can o back then we could say its mapped out. Or can we. Would it mean the entire future to infinity is already existing somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I dont believe time travel is possible.
    Isnt time itself a human creation?
    If you could travel back in time i guess it would mean that our lives are already pre determined but still according to our actions.Because whatever choices we make now are a form of energy that has a cause and effect.
    To the time traveler or anyone who knows their future automatically will lose that future straight away because he will take a different pre determined path based on his knew knowledge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bonkey wrote: »
    What do you base these figures on?
    Exactly. We know of only one planet where life kicked off. Just one. Earth. Now life did start pretty early on so you could argue that it would kick off early elsewhere. OK but one problem as I see it and Ive not seen this as an argument elsewhere. Life started here, but just the once it seems. Every single life form on this planet. The countless billions so far studied, from us to extremohile bacteria are the same kind of life, based on the same dna/rna. So if life can start so easily one would expect we would have more kinds of life. Aliens on earth as it were. Like I compared it on a nother thread, its as if you walked into a kitchen with loads of ingredients and the perfect oven yet only found one recipe. The day we discover a life form with a radically different makeup on this goldilocks planet, then I may believe life may be everywhere out there.

As it stands, we may posit that in the vastness of the universe its bound to have happened, but its nearly equally as possible that it only happened the once and it happened here. Even if it happened elswhere, it may have been wiped out, it may never have evolved beyond goo(which is the most adaptable and "perfect" life in earth). Without our (very) large moon, whose formation changed a lot of the minerology of this planet and that caused huge tidal forces early on that may have kick started life, without jupiter and saturn hoovering up the big rocks that would otherwise hit us, without plate tectonics which no other body so far found has, without vulcanism that was constant but not too constant, etc. The list is very very long. So I suspect the odds are long on life elsewhere too.

Then we have the deafening silence when we look up and out. Now you could argue mystics and yokels in the backwoods of arkansas are meeting and chatting with aliens, but it seems a serious bloody stretch. Forget radio waves which are a bit of dead end for a few reasons,we're seeing no other evidence. A civilisation that conquers the fundemental laws of physics and invents a few new ones would have so much control over their environment their presence should be more observed. Chances are they would have spread out, because by colonising just one more planet the chances of a civilisation surviving quadruples(and if we oursleves dont sooner or later were screwed). The progenitor world may not even be the one that thrives and spreads. The first man on the moon spoke english, not cos the english got to the moon, but cos the english established colonies that went to the moon(though maybe Im in the wrong place to use that particular example ;):D). But we see no evidence of this colonisation when we look out. And we're late enough to come to the party. If the dinosaurs hadnt died out and a small one followed the ape trajectory beloved of sci fi writers and ct'rs we would be at least 50 million years advanced. If the permian exticntion hadnt happened we would be maybe 100 million years ahead. A civilisation like that could form and move stars, yet where are they?

TL;DR? We have evidence for life in just one place in the universe. Anything else is supposition. FUn though it may be.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Torakx wrote: »
    Isnt time itself a human creation?QUOTE]

That is something that might be possible, that time as an entity does`t exist at all except as a man made way of showing the sequence of events.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Isnt time itself a human creation?
    If you could travel back in time i guess it would mean that our lives are already pre determined but still according to our actions.Because whatever choices we make now are a form of energy that has a cause and effect.
    To the time traveler or anyone who knows their future automatically will lose that future straight away because he will take a different pre determined path based on his knew knowledge.
    Yep dead right, the old causality problem. Cant do it unless its a multiverse and even then.....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I cant answer this until next weekend haha.

The time thing is one of those hard to comprehend ones. According to relativity theory we can go forward in time at high velocity compared to a relatively stationary observer, but cant go back. From the normal time stationary observer the high velocity moving person appears to have slowed in their ageing process, so when he lands back on earth the person on earth may have passed 10 years while the astronaut passed only a month for example. So the astronaut went forward almost 10 years in time, but neither got a glimpse of the others future.

Now if we can o back then we could say its mapped out. Or can we. Would it mean the entire future to infinity is already existing somewhere?

Well, the point about relativity is to do with the both the gravitational forces imposed on the individual and with the speed with which they are travelling. In a manner of speaking, both cause time to bend. So you could have one person on a time line that is going straight, and the other on a bending line; hence the former would exist on a time line that is moving faster from a
    >b than the latter.
    However, this doesn't work for b
    >a, since a is already behind us, no matter how bent the time line is.

So, for someone to visit us from the future would entail:

a
    >b
    >infinity

our traveller moving back from b to a. This must mean that b has already happened (because he exists and came back to us). If this is so, then the region a to b is deterministic. By contrast, the region b to infinity is not determined.

I'm not a physicist, though. I might be interpreting it wrong.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Exactly. We know of only one planet where life kicked off. Just one. Earth. Now life did start pretty early on so you could argue that it would kick off early elsewhere. OK but one problem as I see it and Ive not seen this as an argument elsewhere. Life started here, but just the once it seems. Every single life form on this planet. The countless billions so far studied, from us to extremohile bacteria are the same kind of life,

OMG. I can't believe I'm reading this still in 2010. Do you realise your just repeating a doctrine that you learnt in school, religion and other forms of beleif patterns we are told growing up. We need to stop doing this and find a way to open up our minds to real consciousness. The consciousness of this whole universe. We are not alone and were NEVER alone. We have forgotten.
    Exactly. We know of only one planet where life kicked off. Just one. Earth

Speak for yourself and not this "we" business. Thanks. You should say "you know that earth is the only place in this universe that kick stated life" That is your belief and that is fine. But don't assume "we all" think that.

I personally see your statement as really closed sighted, simply because life has to "get here" in order to form here. It's really daft to imagine life started only on earth. Are you taking this piss here, because I feel this is coming across as a joke to me? Forgive me wondering but I would like to know how your coming up with life beginning on earth?

i watched a documentary a few nights ago that covered genetics and dna.
    They proposed that the same life form that first started on this planet has all the genetic coding in them to create humans and more so they thought it was possible this same code could be scattered all over the universe waiting for the right enviornment to grow into a humanoid race.
    Also they mention because there appears to be so much junk dna could mean it is for future evolution.
    I dont remember offhand which documentary it was,but it was interesting to speculate :)

Wouldn't this require a deterministic future? If so, would you accept that every action you take has already been determined, and will always be so?
    Well I would believe that if you could stand "outside" the universe it would appear like a point of near infinite density information, where the birth and growth and death of each bit of information could be viewed. OK kinda like if you take a football and drop it, if you could stand outside that you would "see" a vertical cylinder where each bit of the ball and its motion was statiic. But because we're part of this universe we cant see time, in the way we see length say.

That is something that might be possible, that time as an entity does`t exist at all except as a man made way of showing the sequence of events.
    Well it does exist in the sense that there is a sequence of events. A constant one too. If you drop the same ball it doesnt stop, or fly up. If you leave a cup of tea, it goes cold. Physics types would explain this better, but I think time is measurement of entropy?

They proposed that the same life form that first started on this planet has all the genetic coding in them to create humans and more so they thought it was possible this same code could be scattered all over the universe waiting for the right enviornment to grow into a humanoid race.
    Also they mention because there appears to be so much junk dna could mean it is for future evolution.
    I dont remember offhand which documentary it was,but it was interesting to speculate :)

Yes that is correct, OUR DNA is universal and depending on our enviroments our universal DNA will respond to that type of world to grow into the life forms it is coded by in the DNA.

On earth this is what happened, but because our universe, has seeded a long time ago, life is elsewhere, so our evolution would be sped up and many timelines and dimensions plays a part in our evolvement on earth. The human race here is the most universal of all alien types. With 12 strand DNA of the 12 distinct race groups. Our DNA has been tampered and some codes have been turned offf. But they are now opening up and repairing itself as we are now shifting with the earth and the new timeline. :)

Going to be some ride :)

I am afraid it's not correct. We don't have the RNA of the first self-replicating life-form. However, every life-form on this planet contains their code, meaning we can all be traced back through the tree of life. So perhaps you got it the wrong way around?

Time does seem to be a sense and not an actual part of the metaphysical or physical material world.
    If thats so then i cant see how you would be able to wind it backward in any way.
    As a famous band sang " Only In Dreams" soundgarden?

• Advertisement

Time does seem to be a sense and not an actual part of the metaphysical or physical material world.
    If thats so then i cant see how you would be able to wind it backward in any way.
    As a famous band sang " Only In Dreams" soundgarden?

Past and future timelines are illusions. The present is the only reality you have. You may look back and realise who you were, but its not who you are now at this point. Immortality is now, Future and past is only a mortal state of stepping outside of now. If you can go forward in time, you can go back in time.

Your totally entitled to your opinion, but how can you explain deja vous? All timelines, present, past and future exist in all other dimensions co existing along side each other. It's mind boggling, but we are living in a prison world in terms of expanding consciousness. The universe is beyond limits. Time is really only a illusion created by us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

TL;DR? We have evidence for life in just one place in the universe. Anything else is supposition. FUn though it may be.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except where you say we should see the evidence that there is life out there. Why would we? I mean in the unbelievable vastness of the universe we can see, surely even seeing evidence of life is seriously slim. Some galaxy's, with billions of stars in them, turn up as a mere few pixels on our most powerful telescope. Who's to say on one or two of those billions of stars theres not a few microbes of life. I'd say life elsewhere in the universe is close to a certainty. Intelligent life? not so sure. Also, I'd imagine that we couldn't even conceive what life would be like. Because it probably wouldn't be DNA based. It mightn't even be carbon based.

Incidentally, thats why I don't buy into this reptoid nonsense thats occasionally talked about here. I mean what are the chances that a race, that is bipedal with two arms, with a brain, nose, two eyes, and ears all on its head, that basically looks like a human/iguana hybrid evolving on a different star system. Surely they would be far more fantastical than that. Actually the craziest part of that theory is that most people who belive in the reptiles think they mated with us?? Seriously aliens mating. As Carl Sagan said, humans would have a better chance mating with a petunia here on earth than an alien.

In dreams which is the 4th density, exist beyond time and distance 3rd density spectrum. It is reality in itself and it is consciousness you can shape yourself. Whenever you dream about something and seemed like days or hours long, and may feel like that amount of time. But it would probably been just a half a second like a snapshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

mysterious wrote: »
    Most of us never actually look at the sky........ There is a lot of activity going on in space and a lot of it is kept hidden from the mainstream media.

There's another option, not mentioned here.
    http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/jp-ufo.htm

UFO's are demons. The subject of one of my favourite movies BTW, ''Warnings'' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348031/. I never look up Mysterious. There's far too much fun to be had here on earth to worry about UFO's. I'd say though that youtube would pay a hefty bounty for a decent UFO video. I'd consider brining a camera around with you.

squod wrote: »
    There's another option, not mentioned here.
    http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/jp-ufo.htm

UFO's are demons. The subject of one of my favourite movies BTW, ''Warnings'' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348031/. I never look up Mysterious. There's far too much fun to be had here on earth to worry about UFO's. I'd say though that youtube would pay a hefty bounty for a decent UFO video. I'd consider brining a camera around with you.

Well in the context that I meant, was people don't look up at the skies to see UFOs, because most people never look up and wonder why people roll their eyes when they say "UFOs don't exist"

And not all UFOs are demons.

Demon means one who deceives. One who's a demon, is really demonic if he can fool/decieve you. They know the laws of creation as much as everyone. There are still your brother and sisters. They are still aspects of you. What power does a demon have if they can't deceive you. Demons are just entitiies like us or even "us" who do not want to be part of the source or creation.

Humanity isn't exactly populated by angels!

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself and not this "we" business. Thanks. You should say "you know that earth is the only place in this universe that kick stated life" That is your belief and that is fine. But don't assume "we all" think that.

Well their statement is absolutely correct. They did not say the earth is the only place life kicked off. They said its the only place we KNOW of that kick started life. And that is correct for sure. Unless you can tell us all where else you KNOWof that it has kicked off?

Well their statement is absolutely correct. They did not say the earth is the only place life kicked off. They said its the only place we KNOW of that kick started life. And that is correct for sure. Unless you can tell us all where else you KNOWof that it has kicked off?

You don't speak for we.

OMG. I can't believe I'm reading this still in 2010. Do you realise your just repeating a doctrine that you learnt in school, religion and other forms of beleif patterns we are told growing up.
    Eh hardly. Dunno what kinda school you went to, but I was schooled in a very catholic rugger bugger place that gave me an appreciation of many subjects, conjecture on alien life not being one of them.

Actually thats more your arrogance than mine. OK I would say that the only concrete evidence we have for life is on this planet. Channeling mungo from the planet zarg while personally has resonance, unless we can all see mungoor evidence of him then it has little global value. Not least to mungo.
    I personally see your statement as really closed sighted, simply because life has to "get here" in order to form here. It's really daft to imagine life started only on earth. Are you taking this piss here, because I feel this is coming across as a joke to me? Forgive me wondering but I would like to know how your coming up with life beginning on earth?
    Ahh the old panspermia notion. Yep it has some advocates among some scientists too. Possible, but there are many many issues agin it. too long for even me to get into. I would believe a tweaked version of it. That the building blocks of the first earthly life came in from outside and not just in the initial bombardment phase. Dont get me wrong. It would be a bloody lovely idea that I would personally embrace. The notion that dna/rna is a universal language that migrates like a wonderful cloud all over the universe and seeds new places, like volcanic newly formed islands become green so quickly. It does defo appeal. It would also explain why life here is of just one type. The problem is sooner or later you have to go back to the source. The first planet where life started. How did it get started there? And if it did get started there, why not independently anywhere?
    Yes that is correct, OUR DNA is universal and depending on our enviroments our universal DNA will respond to that type of world to grow into the life forms it is coded by in the DNA.
    Again I would love if this turns out to be true. COuple of issues though. the environments would still have to be within a very narrow band. Narrow enough for extremophile bacteria, madly narrow for more complex life. DNA is quite delicate.
    On earth this is what happened, but because our universe, has seeded a long time ago, life is elsewhere, so our evolution would be sped up and many timelines and dimensions plays a part in our evolvement on earth. The human race here is the most universal of all alien types.
    In the entirity of the universe thats a bit egotistical is it not?
    With 12 strand DNA of the 12 distinct race groups.
    What 12 strands? What 12 distinct race groups? Its not borne out by reality and ironically not in the DNA of humanity.
    Our DNA has been tampered and some codes have been turned offf. But they are now opening up and repairing itself as we are now shifting with the earth and the new timeline. :)
    Whcih ones? Which protiens are the coding for, which larger scale structures or behaviours are being affected? Thems biiig claims.
    Going to be some ride :)[/QUOTE]
    Your totally entitled to your opinion, but how can you explain deja vous?
    Brain fart basically. Memory lay down overlayed with existing pattern matching which were very good at. Look at how many see god/allah/buddha in their cornflakes. Pattern is recognised and a none existent conclusion is reached.
    All timelines, present, past and future exist in all other dimensions co existing along side each other.
    That bit I would agree with. If one could stand outside all information that ever was, is and will be would be observable.
    The universe is beyond limits.
    Welllll it had a start, which is a limit. It may end in heat death and it has an edge of sorts. So there are limits.
    Time is really only a illusion created by us.
    Or the only way an observer within time can measure it.
    yekahs wrote: »
    I agree with pretty much everything you said, except where you say we should see the evidence that there is life out there. Why would we? I mean in the unbelievable vastness of the universe we can see, surely even seeing evidence of life is seriously slim. Some galaxy's, with billions of stars in them, turn up as a mere few pixels on our most powerful telescope. Who's to say on one or two of those billions of stars theres not a few microbes of life. I'd say life elsewhere in the universe is close to a certainty. Intelligent life? not so sure. Also, I'd imagine that we couldn't even conceive what life would be like. Because it probably wouldn't be DNA based. It mightn't even be carbon based.
    Oh no I agree. The odds seem in favour of life. It seems logical to assume it exists elsewhere. I mean in the sense that we can only know it's here. I also agree that we can only see so far, but we can see quite a but of our backyard, the milky way. You would think we would spot a highly advanced civilisation. Even if we reckon that they have a finite lifespan of say a million years at te top of their game. So one they may be long gone. If it had moved outwards you would think some sort of evidence would be seen by now? Even so I would contend if the originals were gone, their "machine" descendants should be still out there. Then again the vastness is so vast that maybe they did pass by here when fish were first crawling out of water. It may be statistically very long odds that one intelligent lif form would be around long enough to see another?
    Incidentally, thats why I don't buy into this reptoid nonsense thats occasionally talked about here. I mean what are the chances that a race, that is bipedal with two arms, with a brain, nose, two eyes, and ears all on its head, that basically looks like a human/iguana hybrid evolving on a different star system. Surely they would be far more fantastical than that.
    Maybe. I dunno. If you look at life on earth over the eons you can see some patterns in response to environments. So majorly unrelated species come up with the same solutions to the same problems. Fish look like sharks who look like ichthyosaurs who look like dolphins.
    great-white-shark-1.jpg
    Ichtyosarur.jpg
    dolphin.jpg

So as we're the example of smart animals who use technology, its possible that this shape of ours is a good compromise, much like the previous shape is good for high speed swimming about in water eating stuff. Chances are an intelligent life form would evolve from social animals that are also predators(meat is the highest value calorie wise for big brains). This would suggest two eyes in the front of the head which also helps with making things. Limb wise, it makes sense to have at least one free limb to build things. Tools and the like. It also helps to have a rigid skeleton as a floppy body needs a bigger brain to work it and is limited to water or a much denser atmosphere(octopuses are very smart. Mostly cos they have to keep track of that floppy body) That's helped by an opposable thumb or thumbs. So likely they would have evolved from say a 6 legged animal that became 4 legged leaving two for tool use. They would most likely be social animals. Social animals are more intelligent. they have to be. Chances are they would be creative. Creativity fosters progress. So IMHO a bipedal "lizard"wouldnt be that far off, unless we are very unusual intelligent creatures in a possibly life filled universe.
    Actually the craziest part of that theory is that most people who belive in the reptiles think they mated with us?? Seriously aliens mating. As Carl Sagan said, humans would have a better chance mating with a petunia here on earth than an alien.
    Yep. PLus other problems too. Lets say you flew to another world, one were life started but was subtly different. Elements there that are fine to the locals may kill you. Oxygen we cant get enough of but many bacteria die if exposed to it. As an oxidant its a poison anyway. The type of metals could be an issue. Mercury is highly toxic to us but could be like iron to an alien, no bother at all. If they came from a dark world with a thicker van allen belt, two minutes on a beach could kill them stone dead. SO yea +1000 mating with an alien would be a bit of a stretch. If they were evolved dinosaurs they wouldnt even have willys etc. It would like mating with an emu. Work away. theres no doubt a club on the web :D

Whenever you dream about something and seemed like days or hours long, and may feel like that amount of time. But it would probably been just a half a second like a snapshot.
    That bit I agree with. Our perception of time varies a lot. A summer as a child seemed like forever, a year was a lifetime. Same amount of seconds. I see this with mates. Fpr some reason time has always gone slow for me. I never grew out of the child thing. My mates tell me Im lucky. Im not so sure : it makes me feel very very old :eek::) The perception of time defo varies. In my youth I had some shamanic experiences with actual shamans too, not from necking happy smarties in ibiza :D and a second can feel like a subjective eternity. Ive watched the second hand on my watch stop. So yes I do agree with mysterious on this point. You can learn to slow it down too.

You don't speak for we.
    Well i think its safe to assume the earth is the only place we know of that has life on it, but since you dont want to be included in `this we business`, maybe you could enlighten us as to where the life you know of does exist so. No one is saying it does`t exist, but we are saying earth is the only place its known to exist. So,, do speak for yourself and educate us all.

And do you ever use the word we,,, ever, obviously not as it involves speaking for others.

Well i think its safe to assume the earth is the only place we know of that has life on it, but since you dont want to be included in `this we business`, maybe you could enlighten us as to where the life you know of does exist so. No one is saying it does`t exist, but we are saying earth is the only place its known to exist. So,, do speak for yourself and educate us all.

And do you ever use the word we,,, ever, obviously not as it involves speaking for others.

No it's safe to assume you think the earth is the only place you know of that has life on it.

It's not that you know or don't know, either, its what you believe or have been told.:rolleyes:

No it's safe to assume you think the earth is the only place you know of that has life on it.

It's not that you know or don't know, either, its what you believe or have been told.:rolleyes:

Excellent. I always wanted to meet alien life! Ok, so let's do a comparative test, shall we.

Test A: There is life on Earth.

Method: Looking out window. Sees people, birds, doggies.

Conclusions: There is life on Earth.

Not that this test is repeatable and falsifiable.

Test B: There is life from outside Earth

Method:

Over to you, Mysty. Remember, a test that is repeatable and falsifiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭ItisintheSTARS

OMG. I can't believe I'm reading this still in 2010. Do you realise your just repeating a doctrine that you learnt in school, religion and other forms of beleif patterns we are told growing up. We need to stop doing this and find a way to open up our minds to real consciousness. The consciousness of this whole universe. We are not alone and were NEVER alone. We have forgotten.

Good to know that there are people with BIG brains out there,as of course I knew there were.
    Just because you don't See them at the end of your driveway every morning ,does not mean they do not exist.
    And a big YES to the POSTER,another Big brain.
    I ancient India ,a marvelous culture,much greater than Greece ,which was a minnow in comparison,they Knew that there were other Universesbeyond the ones seen by the eyes [zodiac signs].
    Those who have expanded brains can Imagine other ideas beyond those of the lesser ones,but they are not very common in the Western cuture ,which is more pragmatic and material.
    To access the Higher brain requires letting go of the 'Rational left hand control[after you have gone as far as you can with 'material' knowledge.
    For as Einstein knew it needed 'imagination'
    to access higher connections.
    Most scientists only have the left brain function.Those that have BOTH are the 'geniuses'.
    To know about realms of existence beyond, one must have wanted it enough ,and had enough love /faith [this includes knowledge of a higher being].
    Only in the West do we seperate these faculties,in order to control the masses.

Well let me see. WE know the oceans consist of water. WE know the earth is a spherical shape. We know this is the earth we live on. Would i be wrong saying `WE` in the above sentences. Or is it only `I` who knows the above things.

There obviously could be life elsewhere, but i can safely bet that NO ONE knows where, or has confirmed it, as in the only place WE know life lives now is earth. So come on, tell ME where else life has been seen besides earth.

And what you or i believe or have been told is not what certainly is.

Eh hardly. Dunno what kinda school you went to, but I was schooled in a very catholic rugger bugger place that gave me an appreciation of many subjects, conjecture on alien life not being one of them.

School?:rolleyes:

You didn't learn, We didn't learn, you were told, taught and followed a system of beliefs, some truths, half lies and propaganda. The basic communication skills such as reading, social skills, maths were all that was needed as far as I'm concerned after that you should use your brain. Our history books are full of complete shiit. For every truth in those books there is some twisted story to it to make everything corny and dumbed down.

Real knowledge is going out in the world and finding out how the world goes is real learning.

Even Einstein said this.
    Actually thats more your arrogance than mine. OK I would say that the only concrete evidence we have for life is on this planet. Channeling mungo from the planet zarg while personally has resonance, unless we can all see mungoor evidence of him then it has little global value. Not least to mungo.
    Ahh the old panspermia notion. Yep it has some advocates among some scientists too. Possible, but there are many many issues agin it. too long for even me to get into. I would believe a tweaked version of it. That the building blocks of the first earthly life came in from outside and not just in the initial bombardment phase. Dont get me wrong. It would be a bloody lovely idea that I would personally embrace. The notion that dna/rna is a universal language that migrates like a wonderful cloud all over the universe and seeds new places, like volcanic newly formed islands become green so quickly. It does defo appeal. It would also explain why life here is of just one type. The problem is sooner or later you have to go back to the source. The first planet where life started. How did it get started there? And if it did get started there, why not independently anywhere?

I stopped reading this, when I saw the word concrete evidence, You do think in linear dense thinking, that everything has to be physical and explained down to a T and everything has to be shown to you in such a way the truth is screaming at you. Thats what concrete proof means. Nothing stays the same, nothing remains indefinite, nothing is actually really solid either. Most of this universe of which you dont see is actually non physical, we just see the physical universe but thats not all there is. In other words physical concrete stuff is bloody daft when delving into these subjects.

The person who calls another person arrogant, is normally arrogant themselves. So yeah. Could we stick to the topic rather than name calling...

You don't know me.
    Again I would love if this turns out to be true. COuple of issues though. the environments would still have to be within a very narrow band. Narrow enough for extremophile bacteria, madly narrow for more complex life. DNA is quite delicate.
    said who?
    In the entirity of the universe thats a bit egotistical is it not? What 12 strands? What 12 distinct race groups? Its not borne out by reality and ironically not in the DNA of humanity. Whcih ones? Which protiens are the coding for, which larger scale structures or behaviours are being affected? Thems biiig claims.
    Going to be some ride :)

The chromosomes on our genome had been sliced that last two 47th and 48th. We are meant to be able to see the universe holographically and not just phyiscally. We are supposed to be able to move through dimensions and break the barriers if time and distance. We are like blind people telling people who see where to go, we don't see everything, thats the bit you have to understand, until you do realise this then we can move forward and find ways to re learn, re connect and re member who we are.

Science will never answer the deepest questions that have been asked time and time again.

The 12 races are other highly advianced universal humanoids that exist independantly to all the others in this universe.
    Oh no I agree. The odds seem in favour of life. It seems logical to assume it exists elsewhere. I mean in the sense that we can only know it's here. I also agree that we can only see so far, but we can see quite a but of our

backyard, the milky way. You would think we would spot a highly advanced civilisation. Even if we reckon that they have a finite lifespan of say a million years at te top of their game. So one they may be long gone. If it had moved outwards you would think some sort of evidence would be seen by now? Even so I would contend if the originals were gone, their "machine" descendants should be still out there. Then again the vastness is so vast that maybe they did pass by here when fish were first crawling out of water. It may be statistically very long odds that one intelligent lif form would be around long enough to see another?
    There is tonnes of evidence:D Your just not looking around enough or something, your depending on subjects that keep humanity dumbed down and doclile to a line of thinking that it's always probable, questionable, maybes, ifs', buts and what it seems. Rather than just seeing the truth for what it is. People spend to much time figure nuicances in the lab instead of going out in the real world and connecting the dots that are already there.

Life exist elsewhere, There is life in this solar system. There was intelligent life and flowing water on Mars. There is water, ice, atmospheres and life on the moons of jupiter and Saturn. Life can exist ANYWHERE in the universe. We are fed to much nonsense from NASA of Goldilocks zone for life, or life can only exist in earth type worlds or that life has have light on the surface, or that it has to relate to earth. It doesn't. Life is like light, its everywhere.

The truth is in front of us, but we continue to enslave ourselves, dumb our minds keep ourselves Dependant on these corrupts institution that keeps us trapped. Most adults I know still act like children when it comes to these subjects simply because subconsciously they behave like they did when they started school. They expect someone in authority to validate or proof something that already exists. We as Adults go about our daily lives stuck in this matrix and expect someone to tell us what the reality is. Instead of just figuring it out ourselves. The idea of proof again, is just another form of wanting something outside of yourself to show you what is in front of you, but you need some form of validation to say yeah man this is true. Adults shouldn't be doing this, we should be all trusting ourselves and our inner knowing and gifts that we are all born with that we continue to abuse and not use.

Maybe. I dunno. If you look at life on earth over the eons you can see some patterns in response to environments. So majorly unrelated species come up with the same solutions to the same problems. Fish look like sharks who look like ichthyosaurs who look like dolphins.
    great-white-shark-1.jpg
    Ichtyosarur.jpg
    dolphin.jpg

Dolphins don't come from here..
    So as we're the example of smart animals who use technology, its possible that this shape of ours is a good compromise, much like the previous shape is good for high speed swimming about in water eating stuff. Chances are an intelligent life form would evolve from social animals that are also predators(meat is the highest value calorie wise for big brains). This would suggest two eyes in the front of the head which also helps with making things. Limb wise, it makes sense to have at least one free limb to build things. Tools and the like. It also helps to have a rigid skeleton as a floppy body needs a bigger brain to work it and is limited to water or a much denser atmosphere(octopuses are very smart. Mostly cos they have to keep track of that floppy body) That's helped by an opposable thumb or thumbs. So likely they would have evolved from say a 6 legged animal that became 4 legged leaving two for tool use. They would most likely be social animals. Social animals are more intelligent. they have to be. Chances are they would be creative. Creativity fosters progress. So IMHO a bipedal "lizard"wouldnt be that far off, unless we are very unusual intelligent creatures in a possibly life filled universe.

I dissagree

If humanity were smart we wouldn't need to use technology. And your only telling me "believes" stuff you learnt or read from science, teachers, institutions and other forms of coporations that keep us from the truth. Knowledge is power and humanity has still a lot to learn about ourselves. We are way behind in evolvment than we should be. Infact most of humanity are devolving. Those who are aware and remove the beliefs patterns made by society are the ones who will be able to survive this transition and expand their consciousness to levels far beyond this society

Our human evolution was tampered with and sped up we didn't just grew a football sized brain overnight. If that were the case, then surely after 240million years of dinosaurs surely one dinosaur could of evolved to walk upright and have a brain. In other words what we are been taught and what is reality are totally different. We didn't just evovle into what we are. There were humanoids evolved on this planet long before we were here. Thats why we are different to other races and have bigger brains on this planet now, we are not from here, we are decendant from other intellegent life forms who came here. We have alien DNA, I even showed this to a palentologist here on this forum. Probably the best thing he learnt from all that brainwashing people endure in paleontology stuff in college..
    Yep. PLus other problems too. Lets say you flew to another world, one were life started but was subtly different. Elements there that are fine to the locals may kill you. Oxygen we cant get enough of but many bacteria die if exposed to it. As an oxidant its a poison anyway. The type of metals could be an issue. Mercury is highly toxic to us but could be like iron to an alien, no bother at all. If they came from a dark world with a thicker van allen belt, two minutes on a beach could kill them stone dead. SO yea +1000 mating with an alien would be a bit of a stretch. If they were evolved dinosaurs they wouldnt even have willys etc. It would like mating with an emu. Work away. theres no doubt a club on the web :D

Nature isn't stupid. So don't be making up silly assertions that are just a waste of energy to discuss.

• Advertisement

Excellent. I always wanted to meet alien life! Ok, so let's do a comparative test, shall we.

Test A: There is life on Earth.

Method: Looking out window. Sees people, birds, doggies.

Conclusions: There is life on Earth.

Not that this test is repeatable and falsifiable.

Test B: There is life from outside Earth

Method:

Over to you, Mysty. Remember, a test that is repeatable and falsifiable.

Okay

Ireland is here.

America is over there,

which should exist? Which should have life?

Who decides? This kind of thinking, makes me laugh:D It's actually dumb to me. Its like saying the sun is made of cornflakes and the other suns out there is made of rise krispies.

There is a thing called common sense and cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Okay

Ireland is here.

America is over there,

Who decides? This kind of thinking, makes me laugh:D It's actually dumb to me. Its like saying the sun is made of cornflakes and the other suns out there is made of rise krispies.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Everyone, back on topic!

Edit: I just deleted 2 posts. Stay on topic and remember that the topic isn't what Mysterious believes and why he believes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

If that were the case, then surely after 240million years of dinosaurs surely one dinosaur could of evolved to walk upright and have a brain. In other words what we are been taught and what is reality are totally different.

You must have been out that day in school.

Dinosaurs that walk upright are called Theropods.

Link to the site which says Dolphins don't come from here please. Tenner says you don't and give some feeble excuse that you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

You still haven't commented on why in one threat you are saying there will be earth quakes and destruction in 2012 and on this one you contradict yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Our human evolution was tampered with and sped up we didn't just grew a football sized brain overnight. If that were the case, then surely after 240million years of dinosaurs surely one dinosaur could of evolved to walk upright and have a brain.
    Plenty of dinosaurs did walk upright on two legs and they all had brains.

When you consider that the first mammals (i.e. our ancestors) appeared about 210 MYA, that means we have been evolving for roughly that amount of time. Dinosaurs appeared roughly 250 MYA and disappeared 65 MYA, which means that they spent around 185 million years evolving.

So we have a 25 million year jump on the dinosaurs. That's more than enough time to evolve increased cranial capacities and opposable thumbs.

Maybe the dinosaurs could have evolved to the same degree. Too late now though.

But surely upright dinosaurs are reptilians?
    Not a piss take mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fontanalis wrote: »
    But surely upright dinosaurs are reptilians?
    Not a piss take mods.
    Nope. Therapods. Famous ones like Velociraptor and TRex. They're well documented and were among the most successful species at the time.

They're still alive at the moment, only they're much smaller and spend their time living in nests and flying through the air :)

seamus wrote: »
    Nope. Therapods. Famous ones like Velociraptor and TRex. They're well documented and were among the most successful species at the time.

They're still alive at the moment, only they're much smaller and spend their time living in nests and flying through the air :)

Check the locked thread for the type of reptilians I meant :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Do they still subtly shift their shape over the course of millions of years? No wonder I didn't notice anything in the video.

• Advertisement

Okay

Ireland is here.

America is over there,

Ridiculous. Without experiments we cannot know about other alien life; past, present or future. That goes to everyone in this thread.

Well, the point about relativity is to do with the both the gravitational forces imposed on the individual and with the speed with which they are travelling. In a manner of speaking, both cause time to bend. So you could have one person on a time line that is going straight, and the other on a bending line; hence the former would exist on a time line that is moving faster from a
    >b than the latter.
    However, this doesn't work for b
    >a, since a is already behind us, no matter how bent the time line is.

So, for someone to visit us from the future would entail:

a
    >b
    >infinity

our traveller moving back from b to a. This must mean that b has already happened (because he exists and came back to us). If this is so, then the region a to b is deterministic. By contrast, the region b to infinity is not determined.

I'm not a physicist, though. I might be interpreting it wrong.

So, getting back to reality. How do people feel about a determined future, as a consequence of time-travelling aliens?

Ridiculous. Without experiments we cannot know about other alien life; past, present or future. That goes to everyone in this thread.

In your opinion and belief. That's all your in power and control over. I keep saying this and you keep ignoring this point.

In your opinion and belief. That's all your in power and control over. I keep saying this and you keep ignoring this point.

I have nothing more to say to you on this.

I keep saying this and you keep ignoring this point.

In your fallible opinion and belief.

You didn't learn,
    To quote yourself, you dont know me or what Ive learned or havent learned.
    We didn't learn, you were told, taught and followed a system of beliefs, some truths, half lies and propaganda. The basic communication skills such as reading, social skills, maths were all that was needed as far as I'm concerned after that you should use your brain.
    Ok but...
    Our history books are full of complete shiit. For every truth in those books there is some twisted story to it to make everything corny and dumbed down.
    So what books were you reading at 10 then?
    Real knowledge is going out in the world and finding out how the world goes is real learning.

Even Einstein said this.
    Link please. Because Einstein didnt spring from nowhere. He was reading and absorbing the self same books of truths, half lies and propaganda. Like Newton said before him,he was standing on the shoulders of giants.

I stopped reading this, when I saw the word concrete evidence, You do think in linear dense thinking,
    Oh right so Im dense now? :D ah well.
    that everything has to be physical and explained down to a T and everything has to be shown to you in such a way the truth is screaming at you. Thats what concrete proof means.
    Actually it doesnt. If someone shows a process, any process where a result can be found and is repeatable then that's proof that that process has validity. When I questioned you before on this you avoided the question. Rinse and repeat it seems.
    Nothing stays the same, nothing remains indefinite, nothing is actually really solid either.
    Agreed.
    Most of this universe of which you dont see is actually non physical, we just see the physical universe but thats not all there is. In other words physical concrete stuff is bloody daft when delving into these subjects.
    If there isnt any logical structure(and I dont mean "logic" in the narrow sense so dont get caught up in that) then anything you glean from such a layer of non reality would be at best completely subjective and meaningless. And if its completely subjective then while it may be fun for the subject it has no and can have no resonance with others.
    The person who calls another person arrogant, is normally arrogant themselves. So yeah. Could we stick to the topic rather than name calling...
    Well Im apparently dense so far, oh and silly later on, so there's a lot of dark hued kettles being introduced to equally dark hued pots around here.
    You don't know me.
    I know you by your works. In this case thats all I have to go on.
    said who?
    I was about to say ask any genetics chap or chappess, but I forgot that's recieved science. OK do what you suggest others do. Go out and extract DNA and subject it to different environments. Boil it to 200 degrees. Expose it to heavy dose x rays. Stick it in a pressure cooker filled with superheated gaseous methane like on Venus. Expose it to a vacuum. Observe what happens.

The chromosomes on our genome had been sliced that last two 47th and 48th.
    Yes but what proteins are those genes coding for? What changes would happen? For example our closest relatives the Chimpanzee has 48 chromosomes, are you saying they're more connected, less blind? Cos if you are you need to read up on how chimps society is even more vicious and random than ours.
    We are meant to be able to see the universe holographically and not just phyiscally. We are supposed to be able to move through dimensions and break the barriers if time and distance. We are like blind people telling people who see where to go, we don't see everything, thats the bit you have to understand, until you do realise this then we can move forward and find ways to re learn, re connect and re member who we are.
    Are you or others able to do this? If so how, if they and you dont have the extra chromosomes?
    Science will never answer the deepest questions that have been asked time and time again.
    Actually now you're being linear. It depends completely on your definition of science. Its not "everything that doesnt agree with me". For me science is just a description of how to understand stuff. If that may take another route than the test tube then Ive no issue with that.
    The 12 races are other highly advianced universal humanoids that exist independantly to all the others in this universe.
    Right well since I dont believe in this I cant really comment on it.
    There is tonnes of evidence:D Your just not looking around enough or something, your depending on subjects that keep humanity dumbed down and doclile to a line of thinking that it's always probable, questionable, maybes, ifs', buts and what it seems. Rather than just seeing the truth for what it is. People spend to much time figure nuicances in the lab instead of going out in the real world and connecting the dots that are already there.
    Then show us how. You keep telling us "youre not getting it" so tell us how to "get it".
    Life exist elsewhere, There is life in this solar system. There was intelligent life and flowing water on Mars. There is water, ice, atmospheres and life on the moons of jupiter and Saturn. Life can exist ANYWHERE in the universe. We are fed to much nonsense from NASA of Goldilocks zone for life, or life can only exist in earth type worlds or that life has have light on the surface, or that it has to relate to earth. It doesn't. Life is like light, its everywhere.
    Actually NASA and others probes are the reason the left fielders are telling us there is life everywhere. Find me a book from any "free thinker" before we fired those probes off that mentions the oceans of Europa and I'll be more open minded. Go back 60 years and the same free thinkers were going on about venus being like earth. Before that it was drought ridden martians building canals. Those tunes changed.
    The idea of proof again, is just another form of wanting something outside of yourself to show you what is in front of you, but you need some form of validation to say yeah man this is true. Adults shouldn't be doing this, we should be all trusting ourselves and our inner knowing and gifts that we are all born with that we continue to abuse and not use.
    Again inform us how. Or point us to where we can find out how for ourselves. Otherwise this is all empty rhetoric.

Dolphins don't come from here..

If humanity were smart we wouldn't need to use technology. And your only telling me "believes" stuff you learnt or read from science, teachers, institutions and other forms of coporations that keep us from the truth. Knowledge is power and humanity has still a lot to learn about ourselves. We are way behind in evolvment than we should be. Infact most of humanity are devolving. Those who are aware and remove the beliefs patterns made by society are the ones who will be able to survive this transition and expand their consciousness to levels far beyond this society
    Sounds like the seekers of the 60's stuff rejigged for the web generation. Easy answers for hard questions.
    Our human evolution was tampered with and sped up we didn't just grew a football sized brain overnight. If that were the case, then surely after 240million years of dinosaurs surely one dinosaur could of evolved to walk upright and have a brain.
    As Seamus pointed out we had plenty of time to grow big brains and your contention that not one dinosaur walked upright is a bit off. Of all the animal groups on this planet that have existed the dinosaurs were the most bipedal. Which as an aside would suggest to me at least that bipedal locomotion is not that big a deal in our own evolution, but just a handy extra(plus we were bipedal long before we got brains).
    In other words what we are been taught and what is reality are totally different. We didn't just evovle into what we are. There were humanoids evolved on this planet long before we were here. Thats why we are different to other races and have bigger brains on this planet now, we are not from here, we are decendant from other intellegent life forms who came here. We have alien DNA, I even showed this to a palentologist here on this forum. Probably the best thing he learnt from all that brainwashing people endure in paleontology stuff in college..
    Could you show that again? We do have interesting features compared to other great apes. Funny enough two less chromosomes for a start. Our body hair is kinda backwards too. Look at a gorilla. Then look at a very hairy guy. His hair is thickest on his chest, not on his back like an ape.

Compared to early hominids we're defo the odd homo out too. If you got a time machine and gathered all our ancestors in one room for a party, they would all tend to look quite similar as a group but we would look like real weirdos. Not with brain size either. Neandertals often had bigger brains. Compared to the others we have flatter faces, we have chins, we have teeny tiny noses, no brow ridges to speak of, we're much less robust and we live for far longer than they did. Something is interesting there. Theres a lot of gaps in human evolution especially of sapiens.

Nature isn't stupid. So don't be making up silly assertions that are just a waste of energy to discuss.
    My you can be aggressive by turns. It hardly helps your position. Show me where Im going wrong.
    humanji wrote:
    remember that the topic isn't what Mysterious believes and why he believes it.
    With respect humanji if any poster brings their opinion to the table, then surely it is the very point of discussion that they will explain their reasoning and why they came to that reasoning? Obviously dont be a dick applies of course.

• Advertisement

Well Im apparently dense so far, oh and silly later on, so there's a lot of dark hued kettles being introduced to equally dark hued pots around here.

Indeed.
    This kind of thinking [the thinking I just presented], makes me laugh It's actually dumb to me.

No matter how cunningly you dress the insult, it remains so.

So, getting back to reality. How do people feel about a determined future, as a consequence of time-travelling aliens?
    The causality thing is the bugger. Then again in a multiverse we wouldnt notice the changes I suppose?

The causality thing is the bugger. Then again in a multiverse we wouldnt notice the changes I suppose?

Yeah, I don't know enough about that multiverse thing, tbh.

There's only so much one can read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

MadPatrick wrote: »
    We all know about UFOs and aliens and stuff, and we all know that sooner or later, and if it's possible man will manage to travel through time.
    So is it a possibility that the aliens that have been seen(and not imagined) are actually people from the future who have evolved to not need the amount of muscles modern humans have and need bigger brains to process the amount of info we receive??

Discuss
    Yeah, I think they can be us in XXX years, coming back like we would, just to see how was it in 897 in example. That would also explain why they are not allowed to contact us. Getting to know about us is learning about them.

So ted, the story is your not a racist;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement