Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human rights workers film IDF harassment of Palestinian fishermen in Gaza waters

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

International human rights workers film IDF harassment of Palestinian fishermen in Gazan waters. Why the harrsment? Did these guys stray off territory? Did they refuse to obey orders?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1258569027

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

You'd need to put a bit of context into that my friend.

Could have taken place anywhere for any reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTDH doesn't do context

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

According to B'TSELEM Fishing has been banned since 2006 and this type of harrisment is not uncommon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah shur there ya go its Illegal for them to catch fish, Torpedo the boat so, its the proportionate response

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

According to B'TSELEM Fishing has been banned since 2006 and this type of harrisment is not uncommon.

It says that fishing beyond 6nm from shore has been banned, not fishing in total.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yep, the 'light of democracy in the middle east' winning friends and influencing people......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Terrible stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It says that fishing beyond 6nm from shore has been banned, not fishing in total.

NTM
    As good as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

While we are at the propaganda videos....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

May I take this opportunity to state my position on global affairs. I would start nuking somewhere around West Africa, keep bombing east until we hit Japan.

World problems are black and white, too many people, need to thin the heard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well I'm outside the targeted area, so YEAH, I'm in favour of your plan sir and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

RTTH, you've started enough threads here to know that you're required to insert your views as a thread starter in order to give birth to a discussion. Asking three questions isn't giving your own views and as you can see, not inserting your views has given birth to a below-par thread. This is neither a press-release site not a crappy-press-release site.

Hence locked. Follow the rules next time please - without being condescending, they're not difficult to follow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement