Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap flights to Manchester

Options
  • 02-01-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a bargain flight to and from Manchester 10th Jan. Cheapest I can find is €160! From Aer Lingus. I've to head early and leave late... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

fly to liverpool, you can get a bus or a train from liverpool airport direct to manchester in less than an hour.
    or try another city like birmingham and then the train to manchester in 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The liverpool option will be expensive 10th January with ryanair, i think liverpool are playing at home that weekend so flights will be vastly increased due to the amount of fans over at the game

Leeds is another alternative to Manchester, leeds airport is about 20 minutes from the train station to take you to manchester, train costs about 10 -12 pound and can have you there in under an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Well see I'm going to York and I planned to get the train from Manchester airport, jus can't believe the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭aonoco

As an alternarive to flying why not use the sail and rail with irish ferries or stena. My friend lives in manchester, uses it all the time

costs only € 36 each way 08:45 ferry will have you in manchester at 14:57

check out

http://www.irishferries.co.uk/fares-offers-ireland-from-britain.asp?tab=fares-sail

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Well see I'm going to York and I planned to get the train from Manchester airport, jus can't believe the prices

Don't forget Newcastle if your destination is York, there is a decent and regular train service Newcastle-York

• Advertisement
Advertisement