Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of Snow on hills above Cappawhite

Options
  • 02-01-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Been up in hills above Cappawhite again yesterday. Unbelievable views.

IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where is Cappawhite? Is it near Cappadubh? (Just joking)

I did notice on the Condell road that some of the hills in the distance were snow covered.

Looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

some lovely photos.. it all looks so pretty..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

That's a fairly appropriate name alright, Cappawhite! Stunning views though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Were you up around Glengar? Hollyford?

I tried to go up CroughMorka but had to turn back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

East from Glengar.
    Going into Cappawhite from Doon, take a left after supermarket. Then after about a mile take a left where a few signs indicate nature walks and that kind of thing. Boreen takes you up the mountain. Once you hit road with snow you'll either have to walk or continue in 4x4.
    Good luck.
    Should be nice tomorrow as snow forecast tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

you should also put this thread into the tipperary forum!
    great pics!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

East from Glengar.
    Going into Cappawhite from Doon, take a left after supermarket. Then after about a mile take a left where a few signs indicate nature walks and that kind of thing. Boreen takes you up the mountain. Once you hit road with snow you'll either have to walk or continue in 4x4.
    Good luck.
    Should be nice tomorrow as snow forecast tonight.

Ah I know the spot, almost got caught in the snow there at the end of last January, Hairy stuff!!

Gorgeous pics, roads around Cappawhite were white knuckle scary tonight although there has definitely been a rise in temperature, (my taps were frozen this am and aren't now) also a lot of cloud around 1am.

Snow mayhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Stunning photographs, thank you for posting them :3

Builderfromhell you should post the pics here too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=976

Builderfromhell you should post the pics here too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=976

Thanks for that.
    Didn't know there was a weather pictures forum on here. Boards.ie seems to cater for everyone.

May take a trip up there again in the next hour.

• Advertisement

Yeah it does seem to cater for most - one of the best on the web

Some photos from Cappawhite/Doon area today. I keep camera imn my pocket all the time these days.

IMG_1651b.jpg
    IMG_1659b.jpg
    IMG_1660b.jpg
    IMG_1666b.jpg
    IMG_1672b.jpg
    IMG_1673b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Northern man

The snow looks lovely in the photos. The last photo I seen of Cappawhite was when I saw one of a group of Honda Gold wings in the town. Can anybody tell me what date thet event is, and what it's all about? I ride a Wing and may try to get down there.
    Thank you, Northern Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

More like a village than a town, being honest! :rolleyes: I remember the bikes showing up yeeears ago but I only saw them the once. Are you sure it's a regular thing?

Like A Fox wrote: »
    More like a village than a town, being honest! :rolleyes: I remember the bikes showing up yeeears ago but I only saw them the once. Are you sure it's a regular thing?

Thank you for answering so quickly, Like a fox, but I don't know if it's a regular thing.
    My friend says he read a book about a demon in the forest down there, and that's what brought my attention to the place. Then I saw the bikes.
    Northern man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

A demon in Greenfields, you say? More like drunk young fellas but still my interest has been sparked! Remember what the book was called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Some of those pics looks like they are from the Artic, others Siberia. Amazing.

Hello Like a Fox, The book was called Cappawhite, and I really enjoyed it. My friend loved it.

Northern man

Advertisement