Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid want Wayne Rooney (Mod warrning @ post 24)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Probably no truth in this what so ever but if it did happen I think I would end all my interest in the game

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02012010/58/premier-league-paper-round-real-madrid-want-wayne-rooney.html
    I want lunch.

www.chdwantslunch.com/breakfastrollwouldbesweet

Theres Man U thread you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

awesome rumour.

my gut tells me they can want him all they want, but it won't make a damn bit of difference.

now if fergie wasn't around, then i might be tempted to embelish the rumour a bit.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I want a red Ferrari but i'm not getting one of these either.

Lol source, 'daily star'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Madrid will get him if they want him.

United are little more than a feeder club for Madrid these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Feeder club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

"Vampirekiss in terrible thread shocker"

- Source: Soccer Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads this rumour was doing the rounds in Spain since before Xmas.

All stemmed from Ronaldo doing an interview and saying he would love Rooney to join him.

That is all there is to it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

according to the football weekly podcast (iirc), Fergie is resigned to losing Vidic to them and Perez has announced Rooney is one the their three targets for next season.

none of that obviously means anything but the attraction of Madrid is massive and it really wouldnt surprise me for united to lose them both over the next 12 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Probably no truth in this what so ever but if it did happen I think I would end all my interest in the game

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02012010/58/premier-league-paper-round-real-madrid-want-wayne-rooney.html

It's hard for Utd fans to stomach other clubs taking their players.
    When this is what has kept Man U up there for so long!
    Signing excellent players at top dollar from other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Rooney is not going anywhere.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

can see vidic leaving but not rooney..

Rooney is not going anywhere.

/thread

The same way Beckham and Ronaldo went nowhere ?

And RVN too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Rosco1982 wrote: »

And RVN too.

Ronaldo is the only one that left that United didnt want to sell, ferguson was happy to sell them beckham and RVN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Feeder club.
    Madrid see all clubs as feeder clubs.
    I don't think they've ever produced a world class player of their own, even Raul was poached from Athletico. They're the scum of football and represent everything wrong with the game at club level. All big clubs these days are money driven, but they way Madrid operate is bizarre, where exactly is the money coming from? They've always been shady and always will be.
    As for this Rooney business, I'd have to wonder where another attacking player fits into their plans, their defence was shown to be a shambles last season, it's hard to see them winning a tenth European cup with a ramshackle defence in which Pepe is the strongest link. La Liga is one thing but European competition will probably show that up eventually.
    As a United fan it would be sickening to see Vidic and Rooney heading off to Madrid to sell replica shirts and sit on the bench while the revolving door managerial system goes into over drive.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Rosco1982 wrote: »

And RVN too.

All three wanted to leave. All three believed they needed to be at a "bigger" club.

Rooney is happy at OT, and has said before that he wants to finish his career at United. Did any of those three say that?

I don't know how to explain it, but I honestly don't think Real would appeal to Wayne, I don't see him playing outside of England at any point in his career.

All three wanted to leave. All three believed they needed to be at a "bigger" club.

Rooney is happy at OT, and has said before that he wants to finish his career at United. Did any of those three say that?

I don't know how to explain it, but I honestly don't think Real would appeal to Wayne, I don't see him playing outside of England at any point in his career.

Didn't he once say (or maybe it was a t-shirt he showed off) "Once a blue, always a blue" ?

Joan Laporta: " The difference between us and Real Madrid is that we produce Ballon D'or/World players and they just buy them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

redout wrote: »
    Joan Laporta: " The difference between us and Real Madrid is that we produce Ballon D'or/World players and they just buy them"
    United have not produced any Ballon D'Or winners. They forked out quite a few bob to sign Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

nullzero wrote: »
    where exactly is the money coming from?

Valid question alright but Florentino Perez has a personal fortune of about 2 billion euro which answers that IMO...

Couldnt see Rooney leavin for Real, or anywhere, not for a very long time anyway. He's been our best player so far this season and this season has shown also that we'd be pretty lost without him, SAF knows this and i do believe that he'd quit the club rather than be forced to sell Rooney

Sorry to say, i probably could see Vidic going alright, but a strong performance in this seasons champions league(possibly including a crushing defeat of Real :D) would convince him to stay

On that above post, Real truly do represent the money driven element of modern football better than anyone else, even better than Chelsea or City, just despicable and genuinely hope they go bankrupt for their trouble, although with Perez there its unlikely that would happen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm suprised so many non United fans care. Oh wait...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lads lets keep it clean,I have had to issue a few yellows.Anybody over the line after this post will have a ban as well.

Perez is president of the club, he doesn't own it. His money is irrelevant, apart from the 5% guarantee he has to put up as president.

Madrid make their money from selling TV rights around the world.

magma69 wrote: »
    United have not produced any Ballon D'Or winners. They forked out quite a few bob to sign Ronaldo.

Best, Charlton and I wasnt referring to United but Real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Does no one remember Wanye Rooney's response a couple of years ago when, as Ronaldo to Real rumours were gaining momentum, he was asked by a group of journalists if he'd consider moving to Madrid? He just laughed at them and said something along the lines of "guys, can you really imagine me going to Madrid?". Then they left it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Wayne stays, you can want someone as much as you like but if the intrest is un-requited nobody is gonna take any notice. If him, Vidic or Evra were to leave in the next year I would cry. Hope to god we can keep hold of the 3 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I just can't see Rooney going to Madrid. Vidic maybe, but not Rooney. I'd be fairly certain of Rooney still being a Utd player in five years time at the very least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Rooney won't be going anwhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nullzero wrote: »
    As for this Rooney business, I'd have to wonder where another attacking player fits into their plans, their defence was shown to be a shambles last season, it's hard to see them winning a tenth European cup with a ramshackle defence in which Pepe is the strongest link.

+1

Strange move but Real buy players for advertising more then for actual on-the-pitch benefits. Rooney's name would bring money from prints on the back of shirts and get a load of Brits over to watch games and feed hotels, bars etc.

Keep in mind they're also after Ribery from Bayern (which increasingly looks likely to happen at the end of the season) and most likely other expensive players from around Europe to boost their roster. They're just creating a mad hatter group of top tier players who'll sell shirts and advertising spaces rather then developing a real team that can gel and play well together... and ideally win some silverware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Lol @ this thread even making it three pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Headshot wrote: »
    what is it with you and ****ing ****e threads

do you not have any sense?

Why dont you go take a chill pill and use your right of descreation and avoid the threads you dont like,if the thread is so bad then how come it has gotten so many responses in such a short amount of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lol @ this thread even making it three pages.
    lol @ your posts per page settings !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why dont you go take a chill pill and use your right of descreation and avoid the threads you dont like,if the thread is so bad then how come it has gotten so many responses in such a short amount of time

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Dave! wrote: »

Hey I'm here three years but still aint got to changing some things! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd say thers more than Real that would want Rooney if he ever becomes available. Rooney is worth more to United than Ronaldo was , He won't be going anywhere.

It's on page 3 for me too.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

40 posts per page ftw!!

Edit : OT No chance of Rooney leaving, I think Vidic will though for around 24m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

if it did happen I think I would end all my interest in the game

*** Waits for LOI brigade to get a hold of that one ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Have you noticed a lot of those posts are about how bad the thread is?

I can't see Rooney leaving myself, Madrid wouldn't start him and he doesn't suit their style of play.

Its probably to make up for the deficit in shirt sales :D

Marca reported before Xmas that Ronaldo shirts have sold over 25% less than Beckham ones when compared.

A big part of Florentino Perez spending spree is dependent on be recouped through shirt sales and so far Kaka and Ronaldo sales have been disappointing.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Have you noticed a lot of those posts are about how bad the thread is?

Leave the guy alone FFS, Is the internet runnnig out of space or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

The Muppet wrote: »
    Leave the guy alone FFS, Is the internet runnnig out of space or something?

You're right, you're right. Sorry Vampireskiss, I just really dislike Madrid so stories like this get me going. I was shooting the messangeer as it were.:o

As a previous poster said, Madrid don't develope their own players (Cassilas is the only person I can think of). Instead they buy everyone in sight with crazy money, only to have most of them rot on the bench. I still dont know why players find Madrid appealing what with the circus they've turned into. I was surprised Benzema chose them over Utd tbh.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    You're right, you're right. Sorry Vampireskiss, I just really dislike Madrid so stories like this get me going. I was shooting the messangeer as it were.:o

As a previous poster said, Madrid don't develope their own players (Cassilas is the only person I can think of). Instead they buy everyone in sight with crazy money, only to have most of them rot on the bench. I still dont know why players find Madrid appealing what with the circus they've turned into. I was surprised Benzema chose them over Utd tbh.

I think most fans feel that way about Madrid, I really don't believe Rooney would leave United for them and Rooney would be the last Player Fergie would be willing to sell IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Actually, Madrid have one of the best youth systems in the world. I remember reading that they provide more top flight footballers than any other institution in the world. They produce more players than Barca's La Masia, it's just that the players are nowhere near the quality of Iniesta/ Xavi/ Messi/ and co. Just look at their recent products, De La Red, Granero, Saldado, Miguel Torres, Arbeloa. All very good players, better than most top teams recent youth produces.

They just don't properly give their youth products a chance in the first team as they are a very very impatient club, and instead of sticking to solid players like above, they opt for glamorous and famous names. This is due to the fact that they are the most famous/ sucessful team on the planet, and they feel splashing out on Figos/ Zidanes/ Ronaldos/ Kakas/ etc is what they need to do to continue propogating this glamorous image. (which is what alot of other teams do also, it's just no team prides themselves as heavily on this principle as Real Madrid CF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Seems like Ronaldo's missing United quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

+1

Strange move but Real buy players for advertising more then for actual on-the-pitch benefits. Rooney's name would bring money from prints on the back of shirts and get a load of Brits over to watch games and feed hotels, bars etc.

Keep in mind they're also after Ribery from Bayern (which increasingly looks likely to happen at the end of the season) and most likely other expensive players from around Europe to boost their roster. They're just creating a mad hatter group of top tier players who'll sell shirts and advertising spaces rather then developing a real team that can gel and play well together... and ideally win some silverware.

I think they're mental.
    I struggle to see how Ribery would improve them as an attacking force. Surely the lure of Real Madrid must be on the wane for top class players who actually want to play football as oppossed to sitting the bench when another player who is slightly more of a big name than you are gets in the team ahead of you every week.
    You're right however in saying that the deal for Ribery is more or less done at this stage, Bayern should have put him on the dole queue for the way he was going on in the summer. He's crazy to want to go to Madrid but obviously the "lure" is too much to resist:rolleyes:
    Hopefully Rooney has enough sense to know that he's at a huge club where he has hero status and is usually one of the first names on the team sheet every week and lets Real know publicly that he's not interested.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

How do you change it? First time since i joined that im using this place regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I hate having too much scrolling, 20 per page ftw!!!

See this thread has proved to be a good topic of discussion ;)

How do you change it? First time since i joined that im using this place regularly!

It's in your user cp. edit options/ thread display options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Rooney won't leave, he loves the club......but then again didn't he leave everton....Naw, even so Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus......but then again he sold Ronaldo a few months later......anyway there is no truth to this......but then again there was no truth to the Ronaldo transfer either apparently......

In all seriousness though losing Rooney will effect Utd much more than losing Ronaldo would.....

I'd be shocked if this were to happen......but then again i was shocked with the Ronaldo transfer :p

Rooney won't leave, he loves the club......but then again didn't he leave everton....Naw, even so Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus......but then again he sold Ronaldo a few months later......anyway there is no truth to this......but then again there was no truth to the Ronaldo transfer either apparently......

In all seriousness though losing Rooney will effect Utd much more than losing Ronaldo would.....

I'd be shocked if this were to happen......but then again i was shocked with the Ronaldo transfer :p

Thats why it won't happen. You must have been the only person on the planet shocked by the Ronaldo tranfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement