Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid want Wayne Rooney (Mod warrning @ post 24)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Liam O wrote: »
    Oh it does but that guy seems to think that United were the only team doing it. United tapped up Stam, have heard reports about Vidic but that's probably bull. Can't think of anything else off hand.

I never said nor implied they were the only one, just that I found fans outrage at Real for doing what United (And others) have done for years hilarious, both in terms of tapping up and in using financial muscle to pry all the best talent away from the smaller clubs around them.

I doubt it'll happen anyway, but if Perez actually comes out and says he wants him (Or hints at it, it'd be great to see him here but it's all speculation yadda yadda yadda kinda statement), be afraid. Perez, for all that I think he's an utter moron, get's his man pretty much every time and has done so in more difficult circumstance to this. This is the man who signed Figo from Barcelona, the Rooney transfer would be nothing compared to that. But, he's said nothing so far as far as I know, and the main stories are that Villa and Franck Ribéry and both seem far more likely. For a start Villa would be cheaper and is simply better, though older.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Rooney's already proven that club loyalty won't stand in his way when it comes to a move to a bigger club, I think he'd jump at the chance if he got it.

Club loyalty only works when the club is loyal to you as well. Rooney has said before that he never had a great relationship with his old manager. Problems like that will make a player move regardless of how much he loves the club.

I would think that as long as Sir Alex is in charge Rooney will go nowhere. If and when Fergie steps down, then there may be a chance of the new manager selling Rooney on to build his own team, but not before.

Advertisement