Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

allybhoy wrote: »
    In fairness though, how many chances did each striker get? Rooney had at least half a dozen more and failed to hit the target on the majority of them.

yes bad finishing but where did the creativity come from up front ?

Rooney of course, and at least he worked hard and it must be mind boggling for him that he has a waster beside him just power walking to close down defenders
    joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Man of the match - Ankergren (Leeds)

I thought Beckford was deffo man of the match. Looks quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kudos to the leeds keeper too though,he pulled off a fair few good saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I wonder if any poor bugger put a ridiculous amount of money on Man U to win thinking it was a sure shot. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'd say man city and rubbing their hands in anticipation! Utd are there for the taking by any team!!

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Rooney was excellent, what game were you watching? Looked the only one likely to do anything before the substitutions were made and was at the centre of absolutely everything United did well. Yes his finishing was awry but he did so much more than that today. Silly overreaction.

He was excellent but his finishing was awry? Bit of a contradiction.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Even the lovely Hayley McQueen on MUTV looks depressed

Daughter of Leeds legend Gordon McQueen I presume? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Zaph wrote: »
    That was truly epic! I was all set to be knocked out of the cup, and even a draw would have made me happy. But this? Un-fcuking-believable! The team was incredible, they played out of their skins for the full 95 minutes. And as for United being crap, sure they've been better, but they're still 42 places ahead of us in the league. Saying they were crap is no defence, they were beaten by the better team today. 9 times out of 10 it would have been the other way round.

In fairness, i don't think anyone watching that match today are taking anything away from Leeds when they say Utd were poor. They were really dreadful.

But nevermind Utd's performance, Leeds thoroughly deserved the win today. They were so so good. Gave Utd lots of problems in attack, their midfield battled for everything and their defense held firm. Sure, there were some dodgy moments, but that's always gonna happen if you're beating Utd at Old Trafford, no matter who you are.

A word for your goalkeeper, he was brilliant today. He flapped once in the first half, but other than that, he was superb. Came out for everything, caught everything. Looked so confident in goal and that confidence seeped out into his defense.

Brilliant today. Delighted for you's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Johner wrote: »
    Aww unlucky Utd. :(
    What you mean, they won. There's only one United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

man united to win this well. 4-0
    PHB wrote: »
    Because the likelihood of mass-scale violence between the clubs.

I hope we destroy them today, but there's a part of me that would love to go to Elland Road and beat them there, but I don't want them to get the money from the replay.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Leeds will get a footballing lesson today.

5-1 united.
    Great ____ ^! Come on United, let's smash 'em.

"WE ALL KATE LEEDS THUMB, WE ALL KATE LEEDS THUMB, WE ALL KATE LEEDS THUMB, WE ALL KATE LEEDS THUMB"

3-0, Rooney, Berba, Obertan.

Had to quote some of these.

Cheers for the complacency and the typical Man United arrogant expectation of handing out a hammering.

It should have been 2 or 3 at the end, Snoddy deserved that free kick to go in

MOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Poor form by Sir Alex, no interview........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Boom!

0,,10273~3542754,00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He was excellent but his finishing was awry? Bit of a contradiction.

Not really, he missed a few chances certainly, but his all round contribution was as ever excellent.

Fergie won't talk, typical!

quarryman wrote: »
    Had to quote some of these.

Cheers for the complacency and the typical Man United arrogant expectation of handing out a hammering.

It should have been 2 or 3 at the end, Snoddy deserved that free kick to go in

MOT.

In fairness rarnes1 is as far from a United fan as you'll ever find on here.

Stealing my gimmick as well I see.:pac:

Jimmyboss wrote: »

tbh that doesnt come as a surprise,mans a sore loser sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rooney worked hard,kept chasing everyone down,looked like he cared which is hard to say for any other United player out there.He has been good for most of the year but today he was ****.As a forward,he is there to score and create, he couldn't do that today.Keeper didn't have to do much.He almost got one in the 1st half,but he should have finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Berbatov

SH'IT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As a pool fan I was obviously delighted with the result, but for me , it wasn't really as much of a shock as it appears to be to other people. MU are not playing well , Leeds are. I felt there could be an upset as I remember how lucky we were to beat them at Elland RD in carling cup earlier this season. The sooner they ' March on ' to the prem league the better, WELL DONE LEEDS - thoroughly deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

its not often a team can go to old trafford and have 54% possession and have just one shot on target less than united and win

But we did.

United fans can give out about performances, but it was that we wanted it more, simple as. our lads burst their arsés and played football too. perhaps that shows teams you can go to OT and play 4-4-2, no need to pack the midfield.

A great day and i am delighted

amazing game, even though the ref tried his best to give ye something

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

too busy picking up his toys i should think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Lou Macari just called Darron Gibson british on MUTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd say man city and rubbing their hands in anticipation! Utd are there for the taking by any team!!

Absolutely not.

Fergie will be fuming after this. He was likely to play the kids on Wednesday night but can't see that happening now.

I fear the backlash from this.

anplaya wrote: »
    tbh that doesnt come as a surprise,mans a sore loser sure
    Maybe he's giving a good going over to the real losers, or one in particular

Berbatov

SH'IT

alan4cult wrote: »
    Fergie won't talk, typical!

what did you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

technically he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

event wrote: »
    what did you expect?

class

what did you expect?
    decency from the bully for once, look how many managers have to come out after losing to him and talk.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    As a pool fan I was obviously delighted with the result

yawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

davyjose wrote: »
    It's not knee-jerking. Doubts were raised by many at the start of the season, when Utd wasted a chance to improve the squad.
    That those suspicions have been shown to be correct, gives me no pleasure. but it sure as hell isn't knee jerking.

the team sits second in the league, 1 point worse off then last year, is in the semi final of one cup, through to the knockouts of the champions league and out of this cup.....

is it really a horrible season? id prefer to judge the team at the end of the season

calling certain players great one day and ****e the next is knee jerking

Leeds wanted it more, they played fantastic and they deserved it

The focus should be on applauding them rather then having pops at united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Well he is from the North.

what did you expect?

He's always been a bad loser in fairness.

He looked raging at fulltime. I'd say Berbatov will get a hairdryer in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Ferguson freaking out about ONLY getting 5 minutes extra time says more about that match then any of us could.

United were piss poor today

Trilla wrote: »
    Maybe he's giving a good going over to the real losers, or one in particular

Berbatov

SH'IT

feck all to do with fergie being a sore loser.

He is British.

• Advertisement

Well done Leeds. Better team won. Out fought and out hustled United and were far more hungry from the start. One of those days but still an awful result for United b8ut we got what we deserved, which was nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Mr.Ferguson refuses post match interview :D

Wonderful performance from the best defender in England aswell :D

Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

kryogen wrote: »

This.

He's always been a bad loser in fairness.

He looked raging at fulltime. I'd say Berbatov will get a hairdryer in the face.

I love him for being such a sore loser. Like all great sportspeople he despises loss. The day Fergie starts taking defeat lying down is the day he needs to reach for the pipe and slippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Fergie is doing interview on |MUTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Does Ferguson has a man crush on Berbatov or what?

How he hasn't been shipped out by now is simply astonishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was a great game of football, loved watching it.

I thought there was a chance of an upset, but i wouldn't have put money on it.

Leeds played some excellent stuff going forward and obviously defended well when they had to.

For United i thought Neville and Brown were terrible, Brown shouldn't even have finished the game.

I thought Gibson played well, a few poor passes, and the yellow card tackle, but he stood out in a poor United team.

Great win for Leeds and they'll be looking forward to the next round, fair play to them.

kryogen wrote: »
    the team sits second in the league, 1 point worse off then last year, is in the semi final of one cup, through to the knockouts of the champions league and out of this cup.....

is it really a horrible season? id prefer to judge the team at the end of the season

calling certain players great one day and ****e the next is knee jerking

tbh,united fans dont really give a **** about leeds,thats why theyre focusing on their own teams absymal performance. united are still in contention for the league as its been a strange season,all the top teams are losing games,whilst before they werent.carling cup is carling cup,fergie aint interested in that.well see how united do against ac milan in europe.

gotta agree with ya there on leeds wanting it more,the hunger just wasnt in the united players today.but yeah lot of knee jerk reactions going on.

fair play to leeds,hope their fans enjoyed that one:D

I love him for being such a sore loser. Like all great sportspeople he despises loss. The day Fergie starts taking defeat lying down is the day he needs to reach for the pipe and slippers.

You can still despise losing and do an interview. Take it like a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I know it's good that he is still passionate but there is nothing admirable about refusing to do an interview after the game. Childish is all that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

agreed Gibson and Rooney came away with some credit.
    Brown, Vidic, Neville were especially dire.

Obertan really has a long way to go before he can be classed as average. Obviously there is a potential there, he was signed by united, but im not sure i've even seen a glimps of t yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done to leeds. As Man United fan Leeds were the team that wanted it the most.

To be honest they deserved to win by more. Hit post and United really only got going n last 15 minutes not good enough.

anplaya wrote: »
    tbh,united fans dont really give a **** about leeds

keep telling yourself that mate

MOT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

United were lucky it was only 1-0. Leeds were brilliant.

It's the magic of the Cup, chill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ragg wrote: »
    agreed Gibson and Rooney came away with some credit.
    Brown, Vidic, Neville were especially dire.

Obertan really has a long way to go before he can be classed as average. Obviously there is a potential there, he was signed by united, but im not sure i've even seen a glimps of t yet

ya he was dreadful, I didnt even notice him during the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement