Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

anplaya wrote: »
    tbh,united fans dont really give a **** about leeds

That's why they sing about them EVERY SINGLE GAME they play in then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ragg wrote: »
    agreed Gibson and Rooney came away with some credit.
    Brown, Vidic, Neville were especially dire
    What

Vidic wasn't playing. Neville was okay. I thought Anderson and Rooney were decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kryogen wrote: »
    the team sits second in the league, 1 point worse off then last year, is in the semi final of one cup, through to the knockouts of the champions league and out of this cup.....

is it really a horrible season? id prefer to judge the team at the end of the season

calling certain players great one day and ****e the next is knee jerking

Leeds wanted it more, they played fantastic and they deserved it

The focus should be on applauding them rather then having pops at united.
    leeds were allowed be fantastic. Fact is, they're a League 1 team with league one players. I'm not going to accept united's performance today because Leeds were fantastic. How fantastic are Real Madrid. it's too soft a reaction.

people are allowed to spit blood today. United got knocked out at the first hurdle of an important tournament. As a fan, I indulge my right to give out hell.

I still personally haven't given up on Berba. but i do think we need to re-evaluate the quality of players we have. Rooney is my favourite player, but 1-1 with the keeper, he's as bad as anyone I've ever seen. He needs a lethal finisher alongside him. i'm not saying to sell Berba, but it's obvious playing these two together is no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Possession

* Man Utd 46%
    * Leeds United 54%

Attempts on target

* Man Utd 5
    * Leeds United 4

Attempts off target

* Man Utd 13
    * Leeds United 6

Corners

* Man Utd 8
    * Leeds United 3

Fouls

* Man Utd 11
    * Leeds United 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

fkt wrote: »
    That's why they sing about them EVERY SINGLE GAME they play in then?

am deaf so dont get those parts.

also dont support united,so i know nothing about their rivilary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

ragg wrote: »
    agreed Gibson and Rooney came away with some credit.
    Brown, Vidic, Neville were especially dire.

Obertan really has a long way to go before he can be classed as average. Obviously there is a potential there, he was signed by united, but im not sure i've even seen a glimps of t yet

What does the guy have to do to get some credit. He was immense todAY:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Vidic truly was non existant on the pitch today alright.

davyjose wrote: »
    I still personally haven't given up on Berba
    My opinion 8 weeks ago

now, he's

SH'IT

event wrote: »
    keep telling yourself that mate

MOT

i meant not in the same way as they care about their own team.

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    I know it's good that he is still passionate but there is nothing admirable about refusing to do an interview after the game. Childish is all that is.
    plus, the only people he's really denying an explanation to is united fans. Leeds fans don't give a damn what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Trilla wrote: »
    What

Vidic wasn't playing. Neville was okay. I thought Anderson and Rooney were decent

Yeah sorry - don't know what I was thinking when i was typing that.
    Had Vidic on the brain i was talking about his absence on another forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You can still despise losing and do an interview. Take it like a man.

Would it really make a difference if he showed up and started quoting banalities at the camera through gritted teeth? Non issue really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

plus, the only people he's really denying an explanation to is united fans. Leeds fans don't give a damn what he says.
    I doubt that. I'm sure they would get a kick out of whatever excuses he would use to explain the loss.

He is British.

Britain is an island, next to ireland. He's irish. He is from the united kingdom, but not Britain.

LOL the only ones that seem worried at the lack of post match interview are non-United fans. Don't see too many United fans calling for him to get the blackboard out and explain to us how it went wrong in all fariness.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Britain is an island, next to ireland. He's irish. He is from the united kingdom, but not Britain.

and i'm sure he considers himself \irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Leeds were the better team, created more clear cut chances and were more fired up for it. Best team won.

Fair enough, he's from the UK so.

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOL the only ones that seem worried at the lack of post match interview are non-United fans. Don't see too many United fans calling for him to get the blackboard out and explain to us how it went wrong in all fariness.:pac:

You don't see them? Where would you see them?

i'd like him to explain the loss. Personally, i'd like to hear his opinion on what exactly he expects from this team. Because he's the guy who put his faith in the squad. I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

who gives the **** where gibson is from ?

• Advertisement

Fair enough, he's from the UK so.

And he's Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

but it would be nice of him as the main man of the worlds most renown football club to speak to all the fans who basically pay his wages to come out and give some sort of justification to his teams performance and maybe, just maybe, congratulate his opposite number today and his 2nd division team (1st division, 3rd division... w/e).

frankly, fergie is and always has been awful for this sort of thing. he gets in a strop and doesnt do the decent thing at the right time. im sure tomorow though he will say something about the match, not today though, he doesnt like taking his medcine :)

You don't see them? Where would you see them?

i'd like him to explain the loss. Personally, i'd like to hear his opinion on what exactly he expects from this team. Because he's the guy who put his faith in the squad. I didn't.

On the board perhaps?

He expects them to win every game, this is Manchester United we're talking about. Everyone knows that. If someone needs a post match interview to be told that I'd have to question whether they know anything at all about the game.

I laugh at the idea that eveni f he did give a post match interview he'd give anything resembling his true thoughts on the game or his team's performance. What manager ever does that?

Silly argument to be honest.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    but it would be nice of him as the main man of the worlds most renown football club to speak to all the fans who basically pay his wages to come out and give some sort of justification to his teams performance and maybe, just maybe, congratulate his opposite number today and his 2nd division team (1st division, 3rd division... w/e).

frankly, fergie is and always has been awful for this sort of thing. he gets in a strop and doesnt do the decent thing at the right time. im sure tomorow though he will say something about the match, not today though, he doesnt like taking his medcine :)

As i said above what manager ever does this. Fergie never criticises his players or gives any real insight into his tactics to the press. Why would he.

It amuses me no end this is the line ye are taking on a day when there's so many other valid criticism of United ye could be making.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

grenache wrote: »
    Leeds were the better team, created more clear cut chances and were more fired up for it. Best team won.
    i agree with all leeds could have got 1 or 2 more goals,i stick by what i said the start of this season the current squad is the worse we had since 2003/2004 season when we had likes of bellion, Klerbson,djemba djemba.danny pugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

On the board perhaps?

He expects them to win every game, this is Manchester United we're talking about. Everyone knows that. If someone needs a post match interview to be told that I'd have to question whether they know anything at all about the game.

I laugh at the idea that eveni f he did give a post match interview he'd give anything resembling his true thoughts on the game or his team's performance. What manager ever does that?

Silly argument to be honest.
    Well if fergie knew anything about the game, he might understand post match etiquette and not be such a sore loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

And people call Wenger a whinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

antod wrote: »
    i agree with all leeds could have got 1 or 2 more goals,i stick by what i said the start of this season the current squad is the worse we had since 2003/2004 season when we had likes of bellion, Klerbson,djemba djemba.danny pugh

why stop with them?

why not include

RVN,Ronaldo,Keane,Scholes,Solskjaer,Giggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He is British.

No he is not he is Northern Irish.

Time for a geography lession again.

Britian is made up England, Scotland and Wales.

United Kingdom is made up of Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

alan4cult wrote: »
    Well if fergie knew anything about the game, he might understand post match etiquette and not be such a sore loser.

its already been posted that SAF has done a post match interview

lol i almost missed that you said "Well if Fergie knew anything about the game"!

pure quality! your right, he knows nothing about the game pal

No he is not he is Northern Irish.

Time for a geography lession again.

Britian is made up England, Scotland and Wales.

United Kingdom is made up of Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

Lets forget it, pointless. He was born/rared whatever in Derry and plays football for Republic of Ireland. Bla Bla Bla nothing else matters really unless he takes offense to it

• Advertisement

why stop with them?

why not include

RVN,Ronaldo,Keane,Scholes,Solskjaer,Giggs?
    i am on about the average players in our squad theres way too many now .

As I said long may this continue.:)

Also you're hardly suggesting that Fergie doesn't know anything about the game are you?:pac:

its already been posted that SAF has done a post match interview

lol i almost missed that you said "Well if Fergie knew anything about the game"!

pure quality! your right, he knows nothing about the game pal
    Where is the interview?

Where is the interview?

MUTV

Where is the interview?

MUTV. Surprisingly enough he declined going into minute detail on the reasons for the defeat for the hordes of United fans no doubt demanding he explain his tactics after 20 years at the cub of unparallelled success.:rolleyes:

As I said long may this continue.:)

Also you're hardly suggesting that Fergie doesn't know anything about the game are you?:pac:
    No but basic decency is something everyone who knows anything about the game should Know and fergie could at least acknowledge this.

well guys whats yere views beckford or welbeck its beckford for me he is way better player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Where is the interview?

Just now on ITV. He is pissed off as expected. Says that 5 minutes of injury time was an insult to the game. Maybe he thinks 3 minutes like I did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fergie " I didn't expect that" Lol really? astonished!
    Fergie " 5 mins a disgrace to the players" lol - play till we score or I'm not happy!!
    Typical Fergie gripes , whinging as per usual. TYPICAL
    Gracious? Don't think so!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Same old Fergie, always whinging!

MUTV. Surprisingly enough he declined going into minute detail on the reasons for the defeat for the hordes of United fans no doubt demanding he explain his tactics after 20 years at the cub of unparallelled success.:rolleyes:
    So MUCKTV counts as addressing the nation in a post match interview, just so only people who are man united fans can see it? Is that how it works with Man United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

So MUCKTV counts as addressing the nation in a post match interview, just so only people who are man united fans can see it? Is that how it works with Man United?

ITV showed an interview also.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    ITV showed an interview also.
    Well that's better form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just saw an interview with Ferguson there on ITV. People on here saying he refused to give an interview are just wrong.

I imagine all that happened was that ITV were only on air ten minutes after the match and Ferguson was giving the hairdryer treatment to the players so he wasn't on on time while ITV were still on air. Gave an interview all the same

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just saw an interview with Ferguson there on ITV. People on here saying he refused to give an interview are just wrong.

I imagine all that happened was that ITV were only on air ten minutes after the match and Ferguson was giving the hairdryer treatment to the players so he wasn't on on time while ITV were still on air. Gave an interview all the same
    They said on ITV that he refused! Not just people on here, unless of course you can see into the future?

• Advertisement

maybe he was too busy reading boards and saw our opinions of him and thought hed set us straight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

They said on ITV that he refused! Not just people on here, unless of course you can see into the future?

Yeah well he didn't refuse, did he?

efb wrote: »
    Same old Fergie, always whinging!

he is a master at taking the attention off the teams inept performance alright, and its amusing that people still fall for it

Yeah well he didn't refuse, did he?
    He did initially. Maybe he just wanted to wait till everyone stopped watching tv to show his face.

Can we have an Alex Ferguson is a gentleman who always shows the decency to come out and do post match interviews list of posts now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement