Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kryogen wrote: »
    he is a master at taking the attention off the teams inept performance alright, and its amusing that people still fall for it

ah most people know thats what he does and hes very good at that,shielding his players.in fact hes probably the best at it.it gives people something else to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah well he didn't refuse, did he?

Who to say he didn't? HR at the club may have forced him to change his mind.

Who gives a sh*t anyway, for a man so quick to have a go at others for the same, he wasn't exactly dignified over how he handled the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Hands up, he did come on ITV eventually, and gave fair credit to Leeds, can't understand the constant carping about added time though, a club of Man Utd's stature shouldn't be depending on that to get a result.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

flahavaj wrote: »

As i said above what manager ever does this. Fergie never criticises his players or gives any real insight into his tactics to the press. Why would he.

It amuses me no end this is the line ye are taking on a day when there's so many other valid criticism of United ye could be making.:pac:

um, its true though. im not going over the top like you want to suggest, im saying he should give a normal brief like any other manger.

does that suit? care to exaggerate on that so you can rack up those invisible in head points that are so important?

oh, i see he gave one. toys must be back in so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

kryogen wrote: »
    Can we have an Alex Ferguson is a gentleman who always shows the decency to come out and do post match interviews list of posts now?
    No, because fergie didn't come out when Simon Grayson gave his interview. More likely he was forced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ferguson embarrassing himself saying 5 minutes of added time is 'a disgrace'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think leading any league is massive going into games like this. League One or not, you could see confidence and belief all the way through that Leeds side. Winning begets winning. I think they actually deserved this one by any metric.

There are players to blame on Utd for that defeat, players to look at and wonder if they really tried as hard as they could. Rooney is inarguably not one of them. Yeah, he wasn't at his best. But he worked his socks off as per usual. Don't forget him chasing 50 yards down the field to recover the ball after he lost it outside the Leeds box in the final few minutes.

The FA Cup is never a priority for Ferguson. Losing to arch rivals hurts, but in a couple of days I think Ferguson will be happy enough to have a couple of weekends off, and rest players for CL / Premiership outings (and the overall position for Utd is strong right now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

alan4cult wrote: »
    No, because fergie didn't come out when Simon Grayson gave his interview. More likely he was forced.

More likely he felt it more important to give his team a rollicking and that ITV could wait!! F*ck sake, like

Maybe, if ITV had stayed on air and not shown 'Athletes do the funniest things', you might have seen a live interview.

monkey9 wrote: »
    More likely he felt it more important to give his team a rollicking and that ITV could wait!! F*ck sake, like

Maybe, if ITV had stayed on air and not shown 'Athletes do the funniest things', you might have seen a live interview.
    Yes that was why it wasn't live! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ITV obviously to blame. Sure they didn't even show the goal when Everton beat liverpool last year.:pac:

• Advertisement

ITV obviously to blame. Sure they didn't even show the goal when Everton beat liverpool last year.:pac:
    Yes obviously to blame. Even though they were told Fergie refused to give an interview.

Yes obviously to blame. Even though they were told Fergie refused to give an interview.

Sense of humour?

Jesus, I thought you'd be the one cracking the jokes today!

Sense of humour?

Jesus, I thought you'd be the one cracking the jokes today!
    No just stating the facts, sorry if I confused you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Masterclass from Fergie, sending ITV mixed messages

The headline in all the papers will be "FERGIE DELAYS INTERVIEW WITH ITV", and the match report will be reduced to a few column inches on page 5 of the sport section :pac:

Genius ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

No, because fergie didn't come out when Simon Grayson gave his interview.

Seriously that horse is dead.You were wrong to say he didn't give an interview ffs. :rolleyes:

More likely he was forced.

Straw clutching much ? :rolleyes:

It's ITV who end their coverage a couple of minutes after every game.I didn't even get to hear Andy Townsend analysis yesterday because of this. :p

Seriously mate, he gave a post match interview, that ship has sailed (or should I say failed :pac:).

Enjoy the win for yourself if you can, Fergie bashing rarely ends well in my experience.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I really wish United and Liverpool could win every game just to avoid train wrecks like this thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm so glad that after today you and you're nonsense posts will fade away...

On the match, i blame brown for the goal and being an unsettling influence on the whole back 4. Really hate seeing him in the team.

Seriously mate, he gave a post match interview, that ship has sailed (or should I say failed :pac:).

Enjoy the win for yourself if you can, Fergie bashing rarely ends well in my experience.:)

how much points do you clock up for this post? just curious, i know how the boggles scale works, the ntlbell one is complicated, whats yours like ?

• Advertisement

Look, for those of you joining the ship now, I posted that he didn't give an interview (here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63765226&postcount=465) before he gave an interview. I'm not saying he didn't give an interview. I'm saying that ITV said that he refused to give one and yet it's ok that he gives the interview well after Simon Grayson's interview.

Jazzy wrote: »
    how much points do you clock up for this post? just curious, i know how the boggles scale works, the ntlbell one is complicated, whats yours like ?

they seem to have the fergie style of not turning up when there's a loss !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Delighted for Leeds but what an inept pathetic display from United. Ferguson embarrassing himself once more with his post games antics.:pac: Also is Berbatov is the biggest waste of money ever in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭eigrod

Ferguson embarrassing himself saying 5 minutes of added time is 'a disgrace'.

Totally agree. It was pathetic.

Jazzy wrote: »

No points mate. The guy's been beating the same drum in his last ten posts before being proven totally wrong, hes had nothing whatsoever to say about the match itself in his haste to get a dig into Fergie. Any chance you might ask him how many points thats worth I wonder?;)

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm so glad that after today you and you're nonsense posts will fade away...

On the match, i blame brown for the goal and being an unsettling influence on the whole back 4. Really hate seeing him in the team.
    Well I'm glad you didn't bother to read my previous posts and did you happen to hear ITV saying Fergie refused to speak? Perhaps you develop selective memory after Man United defeats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Fair play to leeds today, absolutely delighted for them they played a fantastic game and showed the big boys how its done..

Fergie going mad at the end was hilarious! big red nose on him.

Well I'm glad you didn't bother to read my previous posts and did you happen to hear ITV saying Fergie refused to speak? Perhaps you develop selective memory after Man United defeats.

Just wondering, who do you support? Not making fun or anything, Im genuinely curious!

Look, for those of you joining the ship now, I posted that he didn't give an interview (here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63765226&postcount=465) before he gave an interview. I'm not saying he didn't give an interview. I'm saying that ITV said that he refused to give one and yet it's ok that he gives the interview well after Simon Grayson's interview.

Don't forget the bit about them finally "forcing him" to speak. That was brilliant, I have visions of the ITV interviewer giving Fergie a Chinese burn until he reluctantly agreed to the interview.:pac:

Don't forget the bit about them finally "forcing him" to speak. That was brilliant, I have visions of the ITV interviewer giving Fergie a Chinese burn until he reluctantly agreed to the interview.:pac:
    Did I say ITV forced him? Did I? I believe he may have been forced by HR for Man United so that he didn't get a bashing in the papers tomorrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    they seem to have the fergie style of not turning up when there's a loss !

You can't accuse the Flah of that anyway bai.:pac:

• Advertisement

LOL, that just made me remember an article I read a while back.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15112009/58/premier-league-ferguson-forced-speak-bbc.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Ah lads forget it, who cares if he was forced to give an interview or if he was in the changing room an extra ten minutes giving out to his players which is his right. Point is he gave one and I thought he was fairly gracious in defeat and gave Leeds credit for their performance.

Only thing i cant get my head around is the fact that he is moaning about 5minutes injury time? Can utd fans clarify was he moaning that there was too much or too little? Im presuming too little but if he is then im sorry it smacks of sour grapes, regardless of whether he is trying to deflect the attention away from his players. I was astonished that there was 5mins injury time and had no idea where the officials got it. I was watching the old firm aswell as the utd game and there were far more stoppages in it yet there were only 2mins in the old firm.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just wondering, who do you support? Not making fun or anything, Im genuinely curious!
    United*

*Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

davyjose wrote: »
    Rooney was muck. It's starting to appear as if the guy is too inconsistant to build a team around.

Fact is, united never replaced Ronaldo, because they don't have the money - Glazer's debt is finally coming home to roost. Because if I knew we'd be rubbish this season, then fergie sure as hell would. Wait and see who we'll buy in January to finally replace Ronaldo, or even hargreaves', Rio's abscences. Wigan players and has-beens again????

You seem to be one of the only United fans on these forum's who don't have their head buried in the sand about the state of the clubs finances tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

did you happen to hear ITV saying Fergie refused to speak?

ITV used the word refused?

United*

*Leeds

Cool.

How come you've never contributed to the Leeds United superthread then? Actually dont answer that, because its quite obvious you're the type of fan who prefers it when rival teams lose instead of his own team winning. I dont mind any of the Leeds fans here who post regularly having a bit of panter and taking the piss, but you've proven yourself to be a soccer forum bandwagon supporter here. Only crawling out of the woodwork when the big boys come to town. Do us a favour and crawl back in.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    ITV used the word refused?
    Not sure, just my paraphrasing of it.

Did I say ITV forced him? Did I? I believe he may have been forced by HR for Man United so that he didn't get a bashing in the papers tomorrow.

Whether it was ITV or Man Utd's HR that you claim "forced him" it was a lamentably poor point.:pac:

Have you even praised your own team for how well they played yet today in your haste to cricify Ferguson? Strange way to enjoy you team's biggest win in years to be honest.:confused:

No points mate. The guy's been beating the same drum in his last ten posts before being proven totally wrong, hes had nothing whatsoever to say about the match itself in his haste to get a dig into Fergie. Any chance you might ask him how many points thats worth I wonder?;)

but he was right up to a point. is alex back talking to the bbc yet? what about sky? surely the other poster had no history to back up fergies strops...
    i dunno, it just depends on how much depth you want to see.

Whether it was ITV or Man Utd's HR that you claim "forced him" it was a lamentably poor point.:pac:

Have you even praised your own team for how well they played yet today in your haste to cricify Ferguson? Strange way to enjoy you team's biggest win in years to be honest.:confused:
    I enjoy beating Man United, and I enjoy how Man United fans like to change subject when they lose. Why do you think fergie gave an interview after he said he wouldn't? Why do you think he changed his mind?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not sure, just my paraphrasing of it.

What I remember of it was "Ferguson wont talk". Probably because he was giving his team a bollocking. ITV always cut their coverage of games ridiculously short.

I enjoy beating Man United, and I enjoy how Man United fans like to change subject when they lose. Why do you think fergie gave an interview after he said he wouldn't? Why do you think he changed his mind?

What exactly is the subject? I was under the impression that this thread was for discussing the match, yet you're the one that wants to go on about interviews? Pot, kettle something something......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well it seems fergie could do whatever he wanted and you guys would defend him

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What I remember of it was "Ferguson wont talk". Probably because he was giving his team a bollocking. ITV always cut their coverage of games ridiculously short.
    It would have been fine If he said he would give an interview later, strange how MUTV managed to get one so quick.

What exactly is the subject? I was under the impression that this thread was for discussing the match, yet you're the one that wants to go on about interviews? Pot, kettle something something......
    Is match in the thread title?

efb wrote: »
    Well it seems fergie could do whatever he wanted and you guys would defend him

And no matter what he does some people would prefer to cut the back off him instead of enjoying their team's biggst win of the last 5 years. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He had calmed down after going mad at his players?

I think it's yourself who has changed the subject from the football match to Alex Ferguson's relationship with the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

threads a farce now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Jaysus Leeds won, did Man U field a strong team? Any players in particular that under performed?

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    He had calmed down after going mad at his players?

I think it's yourself who has changed the subject from the football match to Alex Ferguson's relationship with the media
    Could he not have said he would give one later then?

Advertisement