Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

alan4cult wrote: »
    Is match in the thread title?

clues in man united v leeds ,not fergie v media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is match in the thread title?

Its the match thread.

Any thoughts on the Leeds players' performance today by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Bandit12 wrote: »
    You seem to be one of the only United fans on these forum's who don't have their head buried in the sand about the state of the clubs finances tbh.

What's your obsession with our debt...

What will yours be like? Europa League + maybe again next season.

I posted about this no other united fan seemed interested here.

If you want a discussion about our debt come to the United forum. This is a match thread.

Nobody will want to talk about our debt after a performance like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It would have been fine If he said he would give an interview later, strange how MUTV managed to get one so quick.

After ITV went off the air wasn't it. You are clutching at straws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I enjoy beating Man United, and I enjoy how Man United fans like to change subject when they lose. Why do you think fergie gave an interview after he said he wouldn't? Why do you think he changed his mind?

And that right there is your problem. Im sorry, but you sir are a fucking awful football fan, and typical of what's wrong with soccer forum here. Your team has just pulled off their biggest result in years after a superb performance, and rather than congratulate the players who worked their socks off beating the English Champions, you'll focus on the actions of the other teams manager. Go look at the Leeds superthread and look how real fans should feel - they are congratulating the team and reminiscing about a great performance from their heroes. But you, no, you are angry and bitter and are letting those feelings stop you from enjoying it. Why? Because you hate Man Utd more than you support Leeds Utd, and that is absolutely pathetic. You have not contributed 1 single post to the Leeds superthread since you joined back in July. You have not congratulated one single victory. Not berated 1 single defeat. Not given one iota of an opinion. While the likes of flahavaj is here week in, week out, whether his team wins or loses. Same as the other, much better and much more worthwhile Leeds fans on this forum. Dont think you're alone, theres plenty more on this forum who do it too. I dont expect to see you around here again, because God forbid you should have an opinion on anything other than hating Man Utd. So while you are here, you question Ferguson's etiquette? Are you serious? Fuck etiquette! Do you think we give a sh!t about our manager's etiquette? Tell you what, you be content with the team you vaguely supports super-polite manager, and we'll be content with our manager who has brought more silverware to our club than we could have ever imagined, compared to the tupenny f*cking misery your operation continues to serve your fans. And no, I dont refer to you, because you are no fan of football. Away with your muppetry posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god, this thread all of a sudden has cheered me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

anplaya wrote: »
    clues in man united v leeds ,not fergie v media.
    So where can I discuss fergie's poor etiquette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

efb wrote: »
    Well it seems fergie could do whatever he wanted and you guys would defend him

Not at all, am pretty sure we all disagree with some of the things he says/does etc.The point here is that the poster said he refused to give an interview which was not only worded wrong but phactually wrong. ;)

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Jaysus Leeds won, did Man U field a strong team? Any players in particular that under performed?

strong enough,lot of united players were poor,berbatov,welbeck etc brown should have been sent off ,was the worst player on the pitch.rooney gave a typical rooney performance i thought,just didnt have his shooting boots on.leeds had more hunger and desire,was a good gritty cup game to watch.leeds fully deserved to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭SteM

It would have been fine If he said he would give an interview later, strange how MUTV managed to get one so quick.

How did you know he didn't?

ITV never said he refused to give an interview (I like the way you paraphrased what was said to make the wost of it). His team had just lost 0-1 to a team from a lower division - as a United fan I'd hope he would be in talking to (or shouting at) his team rather than rushing out to give ITV an interview.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    And that right there is your problem. Im sorry, but you sir are a fucking awful football fan, and typical of what's wrong with soccer forum here. Your team has just pulled off their biggest result in years after a superb performance, and rather than congratulate the players who worked their socks off beating the English Champions, you'll focus on the actions of the other teams manager. Go look at the Leeds superthread and look how real fans should feel - they are congratulating the team and reminiscing about a great performance from their heroes. But you, no, you are angry and bitter and are letting those feelings stop you from enjoying it. Why? Because you hate Man Utd more than you support Leeds Utd, and that is absolutely pathetic. You have not contributed 1 single post to the Leeds superthread since you joined back in July. You have not congratulated one single victory. Not berated 1 single defeat. Not given one iota of an opinion. While the likes of flahavaj is here week in, week out, whether his team wins or loses. Same as the other, much better and much more worthwhile Leeds fans on this forum. Dont think you're alone, theres plenty more on this forum who do it too. I dont expect to see you around here again, because God forbid you should have an opinion on anything other than hating Man Utd. So while you are here, you question Ferguson's etiquette? Are you serious? Fuck etiquette! Do you think we give a sh!t about our manager's etiquette? Tell you what, you be content with the team you vaguely supports super-polite manager, and we'll be content with our manager who has brought more silverware to our club than we could have ever imagined, compared to the tupenny f*cking misery your operation continues to serve your fans. And no, I dont refer to you, because you are no fan of football. Away with your muppetry posts.
    Ok I'm sorry but judging by your post your typical of Man united scum, and for your smart comment about me not posting here, I don't post on this forum for Leeds. I'm a member of pure Leeds United message board.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pretty good cup tie. Luckily enough Mick McCarthy wasn't Leeds' manager.

tbh its getting old,fergies well known for doing those things.just because it was leeds means ya have to keep on about it.maybe open another thread if it keeps you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just home from the pub where I watched the match with my dad, brother and 10 fellow leeds fans. there was 1! yes only1!!! man u fan in the pub.

Leeds have the best fans in the world!! you'd swear it was a home match!!! and our boys did us very proud today. the ref was definatley a homer, brown should have been send off and Paddy kisnorbo was the best deffender on the pitch and should have been man of the match.Beckfords finish was class!!!

MOT!!!

Ok I'm sorry but judging by your post your typical of Man united scum, and for your smart comment about me not posting here, I don't post on this forum for Leeds. I'm a member of pure Leeds United message board.

So what has dragged you in today? Let me answer that for you...

BITTERNESS

Not here, you made your point and it flopped.

Start a new thread if you want, Fergie v The Media and give us a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Feisty !!!! I love it :D Except for the tupenny comment :(

Wow, thanks for your input...

looks like your after getting yourself banned now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ok I'm sorry but judging by your post your typical of Man united scum,

Seriously. :rolleyes:

and for your smart comment about me not posting here, I don't post on this forum for Leeds. I'm a member of pure Leeds United message board.

Pure ? :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Why do you think fergie gave an interview after he said he wouldn't? Why do you think he changed his mind?

stop asking questions with depth!

oh right. i see he ignored them. this might effect his high score on the forum :/

d22ontour wrote: »
    Seriously. :rolleyes:

Pure ? :o
    Well look what I was called in Archimedes rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Typical Man Utd scum??? Well, i'm a Liverpool fan who today is delighted that your team beat Utd, and yet you're even annoying me with your nonsense.

Well look what I was called in Archimedes rant.

The only thing I called you was an awful football fan, and until you present us with some evidence to the contrary, that opinion will not be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Disgraceful language tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

alan4cult is taken a little brake from the forum so no point in quoting him.

Lets keep this clean.

Listen man, your just all that is wrong with football. You don't appreciate the beautiful game. You "affiliate" yourself with a club, yet you only "support" them when they beat someone else.

I'm sure you have watched the Hartlepool, Oldham Athletic, Leyton Orient or Yeovil games this season. Our did your "affiliation" start and end with the O' Leary era?

And reappear for a sundry F.A. Cup or Carling Cup match once a year....?

Thanks lad, you have proved your salt here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hmmm, i spose the whole etiquette thing might be worthy of its own thread. if you are winning its something thats very easy to have, when losing not so much. fergie's smart, hes always played this one nicely in the past. was kinda surprised with the delay today. arch is kinda right in the f**k etiquette approach today as fergie i think might have noticed something very rotten in his team that he wants stamped out. normally if utd lose he will be quite good in front of the cameras but with the title race heating up he probably just doesnt have the patience for a media friendly face. i pity poor birmingham on saturday though, utd gonna take them apart :/

Stop dragging this topic off topic. I replied to one of your posts and you have yet to respond.

Are you just here to try and wind up people and get them banned.

Let the mods judge people's post.

Your the only one offering no concept of debate to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jazzy wrote: »
    stop asking questions with depth!

oh right. i see he ignored them. this might effect his high score on the forum :/

What's this points/score thing you speak off??

Im sure its nothing you didnt hear at your silly little Thierry Henry protest march in Dublin.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Im sure its nothing you didnt hear at your silly little Thierry Henry protest march in Dublin.

Get over it.
    Your the one lowering yourself to his level.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Dub13 wrote: »
    alan4cult is taken a little brake from the forum so no point in quoting him.

Thank God for that, he was embarrassing to genuine Leeds football fans; why can't people love the teams they support instead of hating opposing teams?????:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

54617825.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1262540624&Signature=trQEbSeqi2C3JgrbSOXnDLBDqmA%3D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jimmyboss wrote: »

Thank God for that, he was embarrassing to genuine Leeds football fans; why can't people love the teams they support instead of hating opposing teams?????:mad::(

Agreed, and great day for you Leeds fans after a tough few years. Enjoy it and hopefully it encourages the team on rather than distracts them from the league.

• Advertisement

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    54617825.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1262540624&Signature=trQEbSeqi2C3JgrbSOXnDLBDqmA%3D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

class eh :D didnt work out today though:pac:

copacetic wrote: »
    Agreed, and great day for you Leeds fans after a tough few years. Enjoy it and hopefully it encourages the team on rather than distracts them from the league.

true ,not many teams would have survived what happened to leeds,having to go into administration,having to sell all their top players and starting again.best of luck with the league campaign also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well done to Leeds today, could only watch the 2nd half which United were woeful in. What did everyone think about the stonewall penalty that Welbeck didn't get early in the 2nd half? That would've totally changed the game and United would've won comfortably if it had've been given. Owen missed a sitter too and the keeper for Leeds played very well. Beckford seemed to be on a mission to get Brown sent off, he was constantly going down under little contact and the referee had no control over the game. Hoping United will bounce back big time against Brum now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Am I the only person who didn't think Berba was as sh1t as everyone is saying today? I can remember two occasions in which he played Rooney and Valencia in behind the Leeds defence, and he had some good touches all over the pitch. Just because someone isn't covering every blade of grass doesn't mean they're playing sh1t.

Brown was horrific today, he should have been hauled off at half time and Carrick put in at CB in his place. I generally rate Brown, but it was obvious today that he was having a howler, and it really stopped us gaining momentum because everytime the ball was played in our half Beckford was getting something out of Brown, be it a throw-in, corner or a goal.

Ultimately, Leeds imposed themselves on the game with far more intensity and desire than we did, and they managed to turn the game into the 'traditional cup-tie.' They wanted it more and deservedly got it.

Liam O wrote: »
    Well done to Leeds today, could only watch the 2nd half which United were woeful in. What did everyone think about the stonewall penalty that Welbeck didn't get early in the 2nd half? That would've totally changed the game and United would've won comfortably if it had've been given. Owen missed a sitter too and the keeper for Leeds played very well. Beckford seemed to be on a mission to get Brown sent off, he was constantly going down under little contact and the referee had no control over the game. Hoping United will bounce back big time against Brum now

stonewall penalty?youre having a laugh,was 50-50 at best.
    beckford trying to get brown sent off?more likely brown trying to get himself sent off.dunno where youre getting united would have won comfortably from,leeds could have got 2 or 3 more.

• Advertisement

What did everyone think about the stonewall penalty that Welbeck didn't get early in the 2nd half?

Could have been given but was hardly stonewall.

Beckford seemed to be on a mission to get Brown sent off, he was constantly going down under little contact and the referee had no control over the game. Hoping United will bounce back big time against Brum now

Brown could have had 4 yellows and a straight reds, 5 yellows miniumum. It's a miracle he was still on the pitch, blaming one of the players he was kicking lumps out of is laughable.

beckford trying to get brown sent off?more likely brown trying to get himself sent off.dunno where youre getting united would have won comfortably from,leeds could have got 2 or 3 more.

Agree with you mate, dont know what Liam O is on about. Brown spent the whole game kicking lumps out of Johnson!!! he should have got a red in the 2nd half!!!
    It was never a penalty. those guys wouldnt last 5 mins in a lower league. we put in real tackles today!
    And for all the chances Man U had they couldnt put any of them away. Leeds would have won 2 or 3 nil if snods hadnt hit the woodwork and becks shot hadnt gone inches wide!!!
    Leeds deserved to win. and dont even get me started on the fergie time thing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

SarahBM wrote: »
    And for all the chances Man U had they couldnt put any of them away. Leeds would have won 2 or 3 nil if snods hadnt hit the woodwork and becks shot hadnt gone inches wide!!!

lol

see the tottenham game last season. If United had scored the floodgates would've opened imo.

It was a stonewall penalty. Welbeck was completely blocked off in the box and there was a lot of contact, what wasn't stonewall about it.

Brown fell into the trap but Beckford was going down very easily.

EDIT:also fail to see how that tackle could've been a red? The afters when the Leeds player went in from behind with 2 feet had more chance of being a red. I love how the Leeds fans are saying that hard tackling is allowed on Welbeck but when a United player does it it's wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SarahBM wrote: »
    Agree with you mate, dont know what Liam O is on about. Brown spent the whole game kicking lumps out of Johnson!!! he should have got a red in the 2nd half!!!
    It was never a penalty. those guys wouldnt last 5 mins in a lower league. we put in real tackles today!
    Leeds deserved to win. and dont even get me started on the fergie time thing!!!

Contradict yourself much?:pac:

all the time!!! LOL!!!

see the tottenham game last season. If United had scored the floodgates would've opened imo.

It was a stonewall penalty. Welbeck was completely blocked off in the box and there was a lot of contact, what wasn't stonewall about it.

EDIT:also fail to see how that tackle could've been a red? The afters when the Leeds player went in from behind with 2 feet had more chance of being a red. I love how the Leeds fans are saying that hard tackling is allowed on Welbeck but when a United player does it it's wrong...

he already had one yellow,regardless of his foul thats been talked about.i even said i didnt think it was a sending off offence,thought it was tough but fair.it was his persistant fouling he should have been off for.when he gave away a free outside the box,not the one that hit the post,that should have been his second yellow.he was blessed to have been on the pitch the full 95 minutes.

welbeck knew what he was looking for .it just looked like he went down too easily.

about spurs and floodgates opening,to be fair leeds aint spurs,totally different game and team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wow.

he already had one yellow,regardless of his foul thats been talked about.i even said i didnt think it was a sending off offence,thought it was tough but fair.it was his persistant fouling he should have been off for.when he gave away a free outside the box,not the one that hit the post,that should have been his second yellow.he was blessed to have been on the pitch the full 95 minutes.

welbeck knew what he was looking for .it just looked like he went down too easily.

fair enough but it's very hard for a ref to send off a player for a nothing foul like what most of the ones in the 2nd half were. Persistent fouling is very rarely punished anymore.

Welbeck was looking for the ball but was impeded so he couldn't get it = peno

For me they one that sparked the handbags when he went over the top of the ball with his studs up should have been a red, it was a yellow at least. The ref had a good look at him and decided to pretend he hadn't seen. He was already on a yellow, had and gotten away with a debatable two footed challenge before the end of first half.

Then he got away with 2 more silly challenges before the end of the game, either of which would have been yellow if he hadn't already got one imo. I didn't see any Leeds player do anything similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement