Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

noodler wrote: »
    Wow.

what's 'wow' about it? kindly offer something constructive or please go away :rolleyes:

copacetic wrote: »
    For me they one that sparked the handbags when he went over the top of the ball with his studs up should have been a red, it was a yellow at least. The ref had a good look at him and decided to pretend he hadn't seen. He was already on a yellow, had and gotten away with a debatable two footed challenge before the end of first half.

Then he got away with 2 more silly challenges before the end of the game, either of which would have been yellow if he hadn't already got one imo. I didn't see any Leeds player do anything similar.

refs give players chances when they are on a yellow, it's no secret. Like I said, it's very hard to send a player off for persistent fouling as the one you eventually send him off for may not be that bad. Brown was foolish to keep making the tackles but most of them nothing fouls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liam O wrote: »
    what's 'wow' about it? kindly offer something constructive or please go away :rolleyes:

You's got spanked and deserved nothing from the match!! Move on and stop clutching at straws

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

spurs away, not a great draw for leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

United were linked with Benzema today in the Sunday World, does anyone think there is any truth to it, I really wanted united to sign him in the summer but apparently he has been poor for real this season,I havent watched real at all this season so I cant judge, I would still take him though in a heart beat, French players can be crap one minute and brillant the next, all he needs is a bit of nuturing, he was class for lyon, sure one good example of a French player looking ordinary was Henry at Juventus then he came to Arsenal and the rest is history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

fair enough but it's very hard for a ref to send off a player for a nothing foul like what most of the ones in the 2nd half were. Persistent fouling is very rarely punished anymore.

Welbeck was looking for the ball but was impeded so he couldn't get it = peno

to be fair ya must be the only one that ive spoken to or thought brown shouldnt have been off.either that or i was watching a totally different game than you.still dont know how he managed to stay on the pitch.

welbeck was looking for the penalty not the ball,thats why he went down so easily.he wouldnt have got to the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The Welbeck incident was a stonewall penalty in my view, and would have changed the match completely. Brown should have been given a second yellow card, which also would have changed the game completely but I'm not the ref so my view is kind of irrelevant really ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

refs give players chances when they are on a yellow, it's no secret. Like I said, it's very hard to send a player off for persistent fouling as the one you eventually send him off for may not be that bad. Brown was foolish to keep making the tackles but most of them nothing fouls.

you have to be kidding, he had two studs up above ankle level tackles, and then 2 straight through the back of someone. They weren't 'nothing fouls', nothing between the ears more like.

monkey9 wrote: »
    You's got spanked and deserved nothing from the match!! Move on and stop clutching at straws

wouldn't call it a spanking, United could've easily won, but I don't begrudge Leeds their win, they did enough to deserve it. United missed chances that on another day the net would've bulged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

United were linked with Benzema today in the Sunday World, does anyone think there is any truth to it, I really wanted united to sign him in the summer but apparently he has been poor for real this season,I havent waqtxhed real at all this season so I cant judge, I would still take him though in a heart beat, French players can be crap one minute and brillant the next, all he needs is a bit of nuturing, he was class for lyon, sure one good example of a French player looking ordinary was Henry at Juventus then he came to Arsenal and the rest is history

The bolded bits are totally irrelevant to Bemzema as a player in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Also Henry was played out of position at Juventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

copacetic wrote: »
    spurs away, not a great draw for leeds.

thats what they said when we drew United!!! :D

MOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Leeds played their hearts out to win today so all credit must go to them for the result.
    It's hard to see them being as geared up to face Spurs, after all Leeds hate United with a passion so winning today will mean more to them than anything this season bar promotion.
    The worrying thing from a United perspective is that Leeds showed yet again that whenever a team plays an agreesive "in your face" style of a game against Man United they invariably win. Liverpool have won three consecutive games against United by running around like headless chickens and stopping United from playing, two of those three victories were recorded while the fabled Ronaldo was still at the club, so any arguments about his ability to change that in Uniteds favour can be knocked on the head immediatly.
    The level of fitness and determination that is required to do what Leeds did today is something that is impossible to replicate on a week in week out basis, but for any side who wants a result against this current United side, all you have to do is follow Jack Charlton's advice and "Put 'em under pressure".
    Surely by now Fergie must be considering bringing in a top class experienced central midfield player, because although the defensive crisis continues to be a short term head ache, the centre of the park for United has been a problem since Roy Keane's decline in form and exit from Old Trafford. Keane replaced Robson, but there hasn't been a replacement for Keane. With £80m burning a hole in your pocket and an obvious problem to be addressed, the transfer window could be coming at the right time to save United's season. If the current central midfielders cant handle a spirirted but ultimately League one standard Leeds United side, how are they going to fare against Premier League opposition and european powerhouse's such as the imminent clash with A.C Milan?
    Time to get the chequebook out Fergie.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Leeds played their hearts out to win today so all credit must go to them for the result.
    It's hard to see them being as geared up to face Spurs, after all Leeds hate United with a passion so winning today will mean more to them than anything this season bar promotion.
    The worrying thing from a United perspective is that Leeds showed yet again that whenever a team plays an agreesive "in your face" style of a game against Man United they invariably win. Liverpool have won three consecutive games against United by running around like headless chickens and stopping United from playing, two of those three victories were recorded while the fabled Ronaldo was still at the club, so any arguments about his ability to change that in Uniteds favour can be knocked on the head immediatly.
    The level of fitness and determination that is required to do what Leeds did today is something that is impossible to replicate on a week in week out basis, but for any side who wants a result against this current United side, all you have to do is follow Jack Charlton's advice and "Put 'em under pressure".
    Surely by now Fergie must be considering bringing in a top class experienced central midfield player, because although the defensive crisis continues to be a short term head ache, the centre of the park for United has been a problem since Roy Keane's decline in form and exit from Old Trafford. Keane replaced Robson, but there hasn't been a replacement for Keane. With £80m burning a hole in your pocket and an obvious problem to be addressed, the transfer window could be coming at the right time to save United's season. If the current central midfielders cant handle a spirirted but ultimately League one standard Leeds United side, how are they going to fare against Premier League opposition and european powerhouse's such as the imminent clash with A.C Milan?
    Time to get the chequebook out Fergie.

80 million burning a hole in the pocket?i stopped reading then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

anplaya wrote: »

Thanks for your critique anplaya.
    If you've got no actual reason for quoting me other than to make yourself feel superiour then in future please don't bother.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

anplaya wrote: »

You were nearly finished dude. Should have kept reading tbh.

nullzero wrote: »
    Thanks for your critique anplaya.
    If you've got no actual reason for quoting me other than to make yourself feel superiour then in future please don't bother.

ya do know about uniteds finances?nothing to do with feeling superior,dont take it in the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

alan4cult wrote: »
    I enjoy beating Man United, and I enjoy how Man United fans like to change subject when they lose. Why do you think fergie gave an interview after he said he wouldn't? Why do you think he changed his mind?

Why are you so worried about weather Fergie gives an interview or not that is all you have gone on about.

If I was a Leeds supporter i would be celabrating not whinging and whining about the oppositions manager and was he or wasnt he forced to give an interview.

Pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

JokerD wrote: »
    SIR ALEX FERGUSON, THE GLAZERS, DAVID GILL, WAYNE ROONEY, RYAN GIGGS, GARY NEVILLE, WES BROWN, FABIO, JOHNNY EVANS, ANDERSON, DARREN GIBSON, OBERTAN, BERBATOV, OWEN, VALENCIA, TOMASZ KUSZCZAK, ERIC CANTONA, ROY KEANE, PAUL SCHOLES, RIO FERDINAND, JIMMY NESSBIT, ANGUS DEAYTON, MICK HUCKNALL

YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE 'ELL OF A BEATING:D:D:D

it's Darron Gibson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just back from Manchester.

Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs.

But in all seriousness Leeds where up for it and their tactics worked a treat although they do go down easy, probably didn't deserve to win but I won't hold a grudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

RasTa wrote: »
    probably didn't deserve to win but I won't hold a grudge.
    You have to be joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Leeds didn't deserve to win...

I was paraphrasing a guy from earlier. I found it incredulous that he thought 'Leeds didn't deserve to win, and that und could have won 3-0.

Will need to get emotocons for the iphone, soz!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

it's Darron Gibson

its also jimmy nesbitt, but who cares about a couple of misplaced letters when you've beaten man u

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You have to be joking?

Well they didn't create much, just lump the ball up. Draw was the fair result with the Rooney, Owen, Welbeck chances.

Also nowhere in Manchester was serving beer before the game, ruined my pre-match ritual of 4 cans of Guinness. The last time I missed that was against Liverpool @ OT :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat about the couple of chances beckford had? The fact that brown should have been sent off? And they hit the wood work. As well as dominated possession. They had as many good chances as united, if not more. Definately deserved their win to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Highlights on UTV at 11.15 for anyone who wants to witness the magic again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat about the couple of chances beckford had? The fact that brown should have been sent off? And they hit the wood work. As well as dominated possession. They had as many good chances as united, if not more. Definately deserved their win to be honest.

Bigtime leeds deserved to win and what about the 5 mins injury time...where did they come from?

How can anyone say that Leeds didn't deserve to win!!! :rolleyes:

BERBA wrote: »
    Bigtime leeds deserved to win and what about the 5 mins injury time...where did they come from?

6 subs and constant time wasting, drop balls etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think RasTa needs to seriously look at the highlights as it was painfully obvious - even to some Utd supporters on this thread - that the better team won!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think RasTa needs to seriously look at the highlights as it was painfully obvious - even to some Utd supporters on this thread - that the better team won!

Feck that, not watching those highlights. Although clear this up as I'm not reading this thread as the endless gloaters of people who don't support Leeds will get me banned again. Owen's & Welbeck got taken out and they both looked like penos, maybe Owen's outside the box?

efb wrote: »

Were you watching the same match as the rest of us? with the ref against us and fergie time we still won 1-0. Leeds definitely deserved to win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

BERBA wrote: »

Just as a start, 6 subs.

I'm sure you can work out the other 2 mins.

If not, I can give you a hint?

Feck that, not watching those highlights. Although clear this up as I'm not reading this thread as the endless gloaters of people who don't support Leeds will get me banned again. Owen's & Welbeck got taken out and they both looked like penos, maybe Owen's outside the box?

And what would you call Wes Brown decking Bradley Johnson 4 or 5 times??? Brown put in some dangerous tackles. Our Defense was solid. yours wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5 subs took place before the board went up :p

ShamoBuc wrote: »

I dunno if you could put much between them, but that in itself is embarassing.

Leeds played above themselves for who they are, and united were for poor for who they are.

But to say leeds dominated for 90 minutes is just plain stupid.

5 subs took place before the board went up :p

Regardless, 5 was more than fair, it should have been a lot more.

SarahBM wrote: »
    And what would you call Wes Brown decking Bradley Johnson 4 or 5 times???

He's big he's bad he's Wesley Brown
    The hardest man, in all the town

SarahBM wrote: »
    And what would you call Wes Brown decking Bradley Johnson 4 or 5 times??? Brown put in some dangerous tackles. Our Defense was solid. yours wasnt.

I'd call it, more injury time.

We didn't get it tho.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ntlbell wrote: »
    I dunno if you could put much between them, but that in itself is embarassing.

Leeds played above themselves for who they are, and united were for poor for who they are.

But to say leeds dominated for 90 minutes is just plain stupid.

Did I say they dominated for 90 mins? Don't think so!
    They had marginally more possession if I'm not mistaken, but, I do believe they wanted it more, played well and were the better team!

Regardless, 5 was more than fair, it should have been a lot more.

No it shouldn't have been. 5 minutes was a joke in itself. Anyway, you's could still have been playing right now and you's still wouldn't score.

It just wasn't to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone who thinks that Leeds didnt deserve to win that game is nuts. Only players to come out of that game with any credit at all were Anderson Fabio and Rooney, who actually looked like they wanted to win.

The fact that that is true if a ****ing joke. We better bloody beat City during the week, don't care that it's a mickey mouse cup, losing to Leeds and City in a week is just too much.

Oh Valencia too, he was damm good when he came on, if only Owen or Rooney could finish

Actually,most of this thread has been pretty mucg praising Leeds rather than gloating at Utd.

In fact, the majority of negative things said about Utd were by Utd fans themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Thank God for that, he was embarrassing to genuine Leeds football fans; why can't people love the teams they support instead of hating opposing teams?????:mad::(

Ye well said, the amount of "lols" "I'm loving this" "delighted for them" "Come on Leeds" from non Manchester United fans was a lot!

Stir stir stir!

Trilla wrote: »
    Ye well said, the amount of "lols" "I'm loving this" "delighted for them" "Come on Leeds" from non Manchester United fans was a lot!

Stir stir stir!

What the f*ck do we want us to say? Of course everyone was up for Leeds except for Utd fans.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

They easily could have lost, easily could have won 2-0 or 3-0

If the jerseys were swapped and Leeds played as Manchester, Manchester played as Leeds did...I wonder what people would have said.

Well done to Leeds though, played an Man United team with Rooney, Evans, Brown and Anderson...kept them out for 95 mins. Job well done.

I hate Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hate Berbatov

****ing like wise

monkey9 wrote: »
    What the f*ck do we want us to say? Of course everyone was up for Leeds except for Utd fans.
    Maybe its just me, but when Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal lose i never come out with or feel the need ever to say "delighted for them" or LMAO etc...

Internet, serious business!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Just as a start, 6 subs.

I'm sure you can work out the other 2 mins.

If not, I can give you a hint?

Easy tiger!..we'll sort em out for ye in the 4th round:D

COYS

I hate Berbatov

Today's performance was the last straw for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement