Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ntlbell wrote: »
    Regardless, 5 was more than fair, it should have been a lot more.
    Hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RasTa wrote: »
    Today's performance was the last straw for me.

welcome to the dark side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing like wise

Love the bloke hence the username....he made us 30.75m and he's having a mare with united :D,he made his bed and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

BERBA wrote: »
    Love the bloke hence the username....he made us 30.75m and he's having a mare with united :D,he made his bed and all that
    I was pondering today whether I'd take him back for 10mill and I reckoned that the way he left was such a disgrace that I don't think I would. Wondering is Pav's situation similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done leeds.

awesome performance.

utd had a poor day, much of which was down to leeds' ridiculous energy around the park.

some to do with poor finishing.

utd could do with beckford's pace and power.

that is all.

Kold wrote: »
    I was pondering today whether I'd take him back for 10mill and I reckoned that the way he left was such a disgrace that I don't think I would. Wondering is Pav's situation similar?

As much as i was gutted when he left us , i'd never take him back , not after him going on strike and not playing against boro. Leave him rot at united imo. We made good money on him ...would the majority of spurs fans want him back after what he did?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Berbatov is a quality player but is having a real dip in his performances recently. The fact that it coincides with Utd not playing particularly well just helps to highlight his performances, hence all the negativity. When they play well, his flicks etc seem to work, but his workrate is never going to be good enough when its shoulder to the wheel time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Regardless, 5 was more than fair, it should have been a lot more.
    How much would you have liked?10 mins? 15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan wrote: »

Good to see Fergie's trolling still gets you all after all this time.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Trilla wrote: »
    They easily could have lost, easily could have won 2-0 or 3-0

If the jerseys were swapped and Leeds played as Manchester, Manchester played as Leeds did...I wonder what people would have said.

Well done to Leeds though, played an Man United team with Rooney, Evans, Brown and Anderson...kept them out for 95 mins. Job well done.

I hate Berbatov

Really, when in that game could united have won 3-0?

Leeds played out of their skins today, props to them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

fergie.jpg

obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

ITV's coverage is poison, whats wrong with these British stations are they afraid to give united a bit of criticism? Give them a video of Eamo and co. show them how its done, spice it up a bit like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

fergie.jpg

obv.

whats the story with 5 mins of FT, did fergie lambast it as not being enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

whats the story with 5 mins of FT, did fergie lambast it as not being enough?

Yep!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Someone needs to tell fergie the basic setup of the FA cup he said they never got knocked out in the first round while he was in charge untill today??? I could have sworn it was the third round but as always he is right and everyone else is wrong, just like the extra time how many subs were there? i was shocked when the board went up thinking it was too much but then again the game was being played at old toilet trafford!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ITV's coverage is poison, whats wrong with these British stations are they afraid to give united a bit of criticism?

Setanta were worse though. Completely unfounded 'old style is better style' hacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

i was shocked when the board went up thinking it was too much but then again the game was being played at old toilet trafford!:p

You are very, very, very, very, very unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Setanta were worse though. Completely unfounded 'old style is better style' hacks

Can't stand that sh1te, John Giles is guilty of it week in week out but he's not the worst.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yep!!!!!!!!!

thats royally ****d up so it is, fergie can take a hike

well in leeds, can see them holding spurs to a draw

• Advertisement

We all need a team of Wes Browns !:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Berbatov is a quality player but is having a real dip in his performances recently. The fact that it coincides with Utd not playing particularly well just helps to highlight his performances, hence all the negativity. When they play well, his flicks etc seem to work, but his workrate is never going to be good enough when its shoulder to the wheel time.

He's had a knee injury lately. Won't help anyone.

Leeds played well, but United missed a lot of chances to finish them off. That in itself is worrying. Rooney looked to lack composure a few times.

think a good bet would be villa double chance and man u double chance for the carling cup

with this shambles I think Fergie wont risk fielding is under 12 side at City

thats royally ****d up so it is, fergie can take a hike

well in leeds, can see them holding spurs to a draw

no chance , if 'arry puts out a half decent team it will be a comfortable home win. Fergie is arrogant and he under estimated leeds today. No chance 'arry will do that.

no chance , if 'arry puts out a half decent team it will be a comfortable home win. Fergie is arrogant and he under estimated leeds today. No chance 'arry will do that.
    Watever about the players themselves, i don't think thats a fair criticism of ferguson. The team he put out had neville,brown,evans,anderson,berbatov and rooney. Thats a very strong team.

spurs are unpredictable, i certainly am not of the brigade who said united would beat leeds by 4 or 5

and spurs wont either

• Advertisement

spurs are unpredictable, i certainly am not of the brigade who said united would beat leeds by 4 or 5

and spurs wont either

we are talking about a league one side here?. Lightning wont strike twice at the lane.

LOL.

Arrogant? He started Rooney and Berbatov?

Arrogant? He started Rooney and Berbatov?

and what about fletcher park evra carrick scholes giggs valencia owen all left out ?..we know the defence is injured and all that but Fergie and all the players (rooney the exception coz he's got a great attitude) thought all they had to do was turn up at the ground to get a result ...big mistake.

vidic was due to start but got injured. Carrick has been ****e this season. Scholes has been poor as of late and doesn't play all the time. Giggs again, doesn't play all the time at his age, was on the bench and came on. Owen and Valencia were on the bench and both came on. Neither, particularly owen, are hardly classed as uniteds top players. It wasn't their strongest side obviously, but considering it was a league one side they were playing, it was a very strong team.

• Advertisement

you didn't see the game today did you?

if leeds raise their game again, i don't care who spurs play, it will be a very competitive game.

you also seem to be conveniently forgetting Spurs' horrible habit of being inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

probably didn't deserve to win but I won't hold a grudge.
    efb wrote: »
    Leeds didn't deserve to win...

good effort lads, try again
    I dunno if you could put much between them, but that in itself is embarassing.

Leeds played above themselves for who they are, and united were for poor for who they are.

But to say leeds dominated for 90 minutes is just plain stupid.

watched us much this season, have you?
    we didnt really play above ourselves, we have been much better this season

and no, we didnt dominate for 90 minutes, but we did dominate the possession

and what about fletcher park evra carrick scholes giggs valencia owen all left out ?..we know the defence is injured and all that but Fergie and all the players (rooney the exception coz he's got a great attitude) thought all they had to do was turn up at the ground to get a result ...big mistake.

I'm sorry, are you familiar with the concept of a season? It's what football's divided into. It lasts quite a few months and is quite physically draining.

vidic was due to start but got injured. Carrick has been ****e this season. Scholes has been poor as of late and doesn't play all the time. Giggs again, doesn't play all the time at his age, was on the bench and came on. Owen and Valencia were on the bench and both came on. Neither, particularly owen, are hardly classed as uniteds top players. It wasn't their strongest side obviously, but considering it was a league one side they were playing, it was a very strong team.

Completely agree with you but being at home to Leeds who are a league One side you'd expect utd to beat em even with the Neviller in their team , think the players attitude was shockin

SlickRic wrote: »
    you didn't see the game today did you?

if leeds raise their game again, i don't care who spurs play, it will be a very competitive game.

you also seem to be conveniently forgetting Spurs' horrible habit of being inconsistent.

Kilkenny and doyle in midfield will put the fear of god in to modric kranjcar and lennon:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, are you familiar with the concept of a season? It's what football's divided into. It lasts quite a few months and is quite physically draining.

Interesting to see if Fergie sticks with the younger ones over 2 legs against yere arch rivals. If he does yere as good as gone imo and with just one cup left and a tie in feb against Milans over 35's yer season could well and truly be over by March!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

ugh we were ****ing **** today.

Fair ****s to Leeds

Kilkenny and doyle in midfield will put the fear of god in to modric kranjcar and lennon:rolleyes:
    You are almost certainly the most disrespectful and arrogant poster on this site. Thats some achievement.

lol

berba i find it funny you calling saf arrogant and your posts are the definition of arrogance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

what the hell has that got to do with Manu vs leeds?

thats what this thread is for, leave the other stuff to your own spurs forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

We have to be on the tele again next round, more TV money is a bonus

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

berba i find it funny you calling saf arrogant and your posts are the definition of arrogance

Dont think im being arrogant saying that 'arry wont fall in to the same trap as SAF

Dont think im being arrogant saying that 'arry wont fall in to the same trap as SAF

The patronising and derogatory way you spoke about the Leeds midfielders however was deeply arrogant as were your predictions of an easy victory against them. Making a complete show of yourself to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »
    Leeds didn't deserve to win...

I was paraphrasing a guy from earlier. I found it incredulous that he thought 'Leeds didn't deserve to win, and that und could have won 3-0.

Will need to get emotocons for the iphone, soz!
    clearer?

we are talking about a league one side here?. Lightning wont strike twice at the lane.

yes you are

flahavaj wrote: »
    The patronising and derogatory way you spoke about the Leeds midfielders however was deeply arrogant as were you're predictions of an easy victory against them. Making a complete show of yourself to be honest.

We'll show you how its done in 3 weeks time. delighted leeds won today but there's nothing derogatory imo in expecting 3 top international players not to have sleepless nights over 2 league one midfielders if they have the right attitude on the day. Something your boys didnt have today.

kilkenny was a beast today.

i assume doyle was also good, but i personally didn't notice him as much.

again, if they raise their game to the standards they got to today, you will be in for a nasty surprise; because Spurs are notorious for their inconsistency, and that midfield you listed would not enjoy having it 'up them' as they say.

by the way, who do you think leeds were playing today?

very disrespectful analysis of two players who were quite magnificent today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

didnt you mention something about arrogance a while ago?

the ironing has given me a giggle

cheers

We'll show you how its done in 3 weeks time. delighted leeds won today but there's nothing derogatory imo in expecting 3 top international players not to have sleepless nights over 2 league one midfielders if they have the right attitude on the day. Something your boys didnt have today.

Thread and last few posts bookmarked.:)

God help you if Harry rests a few players or the same Spurs that capitulated to Wolves shows up.:)

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    kilkenny was a beast today.

i assume doyle was also good, but i personally didn't notice him as much.

again, if they raise their game to the standards they got to today, you will be in for a nasty surprise; because Spurs are notorious for their inconsistency, and that midfield you listed would not enjoy having it 'up them' as they say.

by the way, who do you think leeds were playing today?

very disrespectful analysis of two players who were quite magnificent today.

Were talking about the same team and same midfield that couldnt beat Kettering Town in 2nd round in 3 hours of football and had to go to ET at elland road to beat them. A small bit of realiam maybe. Just my opinion but i dont think we'll be turned over on our own patch by a league one side.

Advertisement