Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Leeds United - Sunday 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

cue ridiculous over-reactions

well done leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Well done Leeds.

Spineless performance from United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

A football match hasn't hurt me this bad in a while. ****in sick. Fair play Leeds ya did well. If I didn't have work now I think I'd crack open a bottle of tequila and erase today.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Have to say take nothing from Leeds, they played like their lives depended on it! Utd on the outer hand were f*ckin pathetic! Woeful performance, didn't give Leeds the respect they deserved and that team doesn't deserve to look at. The FA cup, let alone win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

well done leeds
    had utd backed -1goal...lol
    i can live with it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Well done Leeds. Enjoy your day, you deserve it and I mean that.

As for that performance, I'm grossly offended by it. If I was there I'd be booing too. This team will win ****all this season.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Headshot wrote: »
    the amount of ****ing useless wasters on the pitch for utd was a disgrace

how people still defend that ****ing useless waster berba, ill never understand. the lad is a disgrace to the jersey

we need a ****ing clean out of the rubbish in jan

Yes it was a disgrace....... Maybe Fergie will get some stick for the ****e that he has bought over the years.

Berbaflop cost 30.5 million :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

how people still defend that ****ing useless waster berba, ill never understand. the lad is a disgrace to the jersey

It's not like he was only the only bad player out there.Rooney was **** too.Owen was when he came on.Brown and Evans at the back.Gibson and Anderson in the middle.

Valencia looked well when he came on.We missed Fletcher,Evra and Vidic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

:eek: My voice, my heart. I'm absolutely F'in ecstatic right now! Unreal. Didn't realisitcally think it possible...just wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Macker1 wrote: »
    Yes it was a disgrace....... Maybe Fergie will get some stick for the ****e that he has bought over the years.

Berbaflop cost 30.5 million :eek::eek::eek::eek:

PS........Well done Leeds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Superb game absoluetly superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well done Leeds now Arsenal kids against the Hammers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

it is january now,better start moving quick.:D was a bad game especially for brown,valencia played well when he came on i thought,any other day united would have scored their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Excellent performance from Leeds. :(

Unlucky not to get another 1 or 2 in fairness. :(

Hard to tell who was the league 1 team either. :(

/cries.

Jesus, what a result that was. Beaten at home by a team 2 divisions below :eek:

United were rubbish today but Leeds were excellent.

An awful lot of dead wood on that united team, with Brown and Berbatov leading the way.

Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Enjoyable game to watch. We had chances but our finishing was way off. Valencia was about the only player to emerge with credit from the Utd side. Leeds gave it a right go up until the end and weren't flattered by the result.
    More time to concentrate on the main competitions now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

PHB wrote: »
    ****ing joke of a performance. Heads need to ****ing roll on that.
    A lot of those players need to be ****ing taken out of shot.

Getting knocked out of the FA cup by your arch ****ing rivals is bad enough, but when they are two ****ign divisons below you it's a ****ing travesty.

Why are you surprised? We've been playing like that all season. Fact is we have strikers who dont score goals and midfields who would be better placed in a team like Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What a game! Thoroughly enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

titan18 wrote: »
    It's not like he was only the only bad player out there.Rooney was **** too.Owen was when he came on.Brown and Evans at the back.Gibson and Anderson in the middle.

berba has been ****e again this season and people just cant see it, id drive him back to the airport myself
    Rooney was not ****e, he was out best player today

the midfield is useless without fletch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Credit to Leeds, they were excellent and could've won by more. Restricted United fantastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

berba has been ****e again this season and people just cant see it, id drive him back to the airport myself

Rooney was **** today.Berba was bad and has been bad for a while.I still like him,think he can be a good player.Rooney did nothing today except work hard.Doesn't matter when he can't finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

And I thought losing to burnley was a shock, lol. Biggest ever upset in FA cup possibly? Certainly the biggest one I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

some odd knee jerking here from some people i wouldnt expect it from

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That was truly epic! I was all set to be knocked out of the cup, and even a draw would have made me happy. But this? Un-fcuking-believable! The team was incredible, they played out of their skins for the full 95 minutes. And as for United being crap, sure they've been better, but they're still 42 places ahead of us in the league. Saying they were crap is no defence, they were beaten by the better team today. 9 times out of 10 it would have been the other way round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fantastic full blooded old school cup tie.

Well done to Leeds, massive performance today and deserved their win. Beckford looks a Premiership quality player, power pace and took his goal well.

United played way below par and only looked threatening when Obertan and Welbeck came off. Midfield exposed as not up to par again today. Brown also was very lucky not to get the line.

• Advertisement

And I thought losing to burnley was a shock, lol. Biggest ever upset in FA cup possibly? Certainly the biggest one I can think of.

really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Rooney was muck. It's starting to appear as if the guy is too inconsistant to build a team around.

Fact is, united never replaced Ronaldo, because they don't have the money - Glazer's debt is finally coming home to roost. Because if I knew we'd be rubbish this season, then fergie sure as hell would. Wait and see who we'll buy in January to finally replace Ronaldo, or even hargreaves', Rio's abscences. Wigan players and has-beens again????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kryogen wrote: »

knee jerk reaction? football fans? never...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rooney was **** today.Berba was bad and has been bad for a while.I still like him,think he can be a good player.Rooney did nothing today except work hard.Doesn't matter when he can't finish

where did the danger come from utd ?

Rooney is the only dangerman for utd, berba a good player ? the lad is the ****ing laziness, cant score, give out to other players for his mistakes, waste of space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I dont think its knee jerking because utd simply havent been performing this season and have got out of jail late on in games so many times in the league which has masked an overall poor performance.

• Advertisement

really?

Wouldn't be far off - reigning Champions, recent european Champs losing to a 3rd division team in an era where the gap is widening.

And convincingly beaten too. By the better team on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

. Biggest ever upset in FA cup possibly? Certainly the biggest one I can think of.

I wouldn't say it is even in the top 10 FA Cup upsets tbf.

Terrible peformance from Utd. It eally is an inditement of the pemier league that team like Utd with a shocking midfield, a striker flop like Berba and no defenders for the last month can be so close to the top.

Well done Leeds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rooney was excellent, what game were you watching? Looked the only one likely to do anything before the substitutions were made and was at the centre of absolutely everything United did well. Yes his finishing was awry but he did so much more than that today. Silly overreaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Red Cafe has gone into meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

where did the danger come from utd ?

Rooney is the only dangerman for utd, berba a good player ? the lad is the ****ing laziness, cant score, give out to other players for his mistakes, waste of space

In fairness though, how many chances did each striker get? Rooney had at least half a dozen more and failed to hit the target on the majority of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

really?

Obviously there could be ones from decades ago but for recent ones I can't think of anything bigger. A team who havent lost in the 3rd round of the FA at home in 20 odd years getting beaten by a team 2 leagues below them? Pretty massive shock really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Obertan - the next Maradizanele wasnt it? rooney was very very sloppy today, reminded me of dirk kuyt on an off day, very wasteful. and yeah, fletcher is showing himself to be more and more pivotal in big matches for utd then anyone else on the squad.

oh, and michael owens dive? half time call to steven i should think :pac:

allybhoy wrote: »
    I dont think its knee jerking because utd simply havent been performing this season and have got out of jail late on in games so many times in the league which has masked an overall poor performance.

your opinion is as valid as mine i guess

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wrexham v Arsenal in 92 is the biggest imo, first in league v 92nd from prev year. Although today might be the biggest home upset? Usually the upsets are away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Give me Tevez any day of the week over that lazy lump of ****e Berbatov. At least Rooney should some desire to get the ball back and set up an attack. It really hits home how reliant United are on Fletch to boss the midfield after seeing a game like this. Fair play to Leeds. Absolutely stellar performance. Thoroughly deserved :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Leeds were absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Its been a long time since I felt as a proud and happy to be a Leeds fan. God almighty did we need and deserve that after the last few years.

It's not knee-jerking. Doubts were raised by many at the start of the season, when Utd wasted a chance to improve the squad.
    That those suspicions have been shown to be correct, gives me no pleasure. but it sure as hell isn't knee jerking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aww unlucky Utd. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

SIR ALEX FERGUSON, THE GLAZERS, DAVID GILL, WAYNE ROONEY, RYAN GIGGS, GARY NEVILLE, WES BROWN, FABIO, JOHNNY EVANS, ANDERSON, DARREN GIBSON, OBERTAN, BERBATOV, OWEN, VALENCIA, TOMASZ KUSZCZAK, ERIC CANTONA, ROY KEANE, PAUL SCHOLES, RIO FERDINAND, JIMMY NESSBIT, ANGUS DEAYTON, MICK HUCKNALL

YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE 'ELL OF A BEATING:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

flahavaj wrote: »
    Rooney was excellent, what game were you watching? Looked the only one likely to do anything before the substitutions were made and was at the centre of absolutely everything United did well. Yes his finishing was awry but he did so much more than that today. Silly overreaction.

rooney?was one of the best players if not the best for united today.seeing him track back is not something youd see the average striker do,he does a lot more than create and set up chances.he lost the ball today and instead of giving out and expecting someone else to cover for him he tracked back 40 or so yards and won it back.

certainly wouldnt see berbatov do that or owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I wouldn't say it is even in the top 10 FA Cup upsets tbf.

Terrible peformance from Utd. It eally is an inditement of the pemier league that team like Utd with a shocking midfield, a striker flop like Berba and no defenders for the last month can be so close to the top.

Well done Leeds though.

Can think of a few more, Wrexham Arsenal straight away, but yes, Top 10 definitely.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wp Leeds. Excellant performance from 1-11!

Really inept stuff from Neville and wes though at the back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

as a die hard man utd fan all i can say is well done Leeds. Did a great job today.

Berbatov, Brown, G Nev and Welbeck were all disgraceful today.

Anderson should not be playing in that team.

Rooney was well below his best - giving away balls and lack of awareness.

Gibson was decent in the centre I thought and Fabio played well. Valencia had a good game when he came on.

Man of the match - Ankergren (Leeds)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Even the lovely Hayley McQueen on MUTV looks depressed

Advertisement