Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a short film done on iMovie on Mac

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

yeah, that was good. I had a laugh. Watch the framing in some of the outdoor shots - keep the camera parallel with the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Thanks Reece..point taken on board!!!

happy new year!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ayum

(Hi...

This is a copy of a post I just wrote on the cuckoo's nest forum.
    But I am very worried about getting possibly banned, so I feel I need to post it here too...)

Apology if you think that the above post is 'spam'.

the truth is... YouTube recommends the best way to try promote videos is to go to relevant fora & social networking sites and let people know of your videos there.

Now I spent ages going through all the boards of boards.ie, and out of the thousands of boards I saw 5 that seemed like places that would really like this video.

they were:
    1. Cuckoos
    2. Humour
    3. Nocturnal
    4. Waterford (coz I'm from there, and people might know the girl in the vid)
    5. Video editing

On each forum I left a video link and a personalised message for the people in that particular forum... i didn't just copy-paste the same spam message.

For these reasons, I would ask you to please not report me or try get me banned. I'm writuing this here because a moderator in the Nocturnal forum banned me from there, and also the humour forum (of all places... i thought they'd particularly like the vid) were not amused & wrote a message saying they would report me.

So, just to get this straight... what I did tonight... i would call that promotion not spam. I don't think it was cynical or trollish like spam can be.

Does anyone agree with my point of view?
    And if not... how can YouTube justify using this methiod for promotion if it is widely considered 'bad manners'. Is there a better way of trying to promote videos you've made in on-line forums...?

Coz loads of YouTubers do it. How do they get away witn not being blocked?

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated redface.gif

Advertisement