Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

• 02-01-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi,

i ran out of oil on new years day and can get anywhere to deliver till monday, is there any way you can buy an emergency small barrell of oil or something as they house is just too cold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Depends where you are - in Newbridge, Kildare, for example, there's McLoughlins, who have a garage forecourt as well as an oil delivery business, and on the forecourt they certainly sell kerosene, though I don't know about the home heating diesel. Try somewhere like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kolo2007

Im based in lucan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Just wondering - will vegetable oil be a suitable substitute? (in an emergency!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I wouldn't try veg oil in a boiler! Not saying you're wrong, just that I wouldn't try it.

Did you have any luck finding anywhere OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kolo2007

No joy, have ordered oil to come first thing tomorrow morning. Will just have to wrap up warm till then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

same thing happened me once. could not get oil ...... anyway long story short the oilman said it would be fine to run a small bit of normal diesel through it.

we did.

it was a little smoky but it worked. but seeing that you are getting your oil tomorrow i would not risk it. we had a small bit of the kerosene to mix into it too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭.243

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Just wondering - will vegetable oil be a suitable substitute? (in an emergency!)
    that would be a very costly mistake to do,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ronoc88

Does anybody know of anywhere in south dublin/north wicklow that sells Parafin or Kerosene by the litre. Small quantitys for a parafin htr.

Advertisement