Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorey Bikes to close?

• 02-01-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I heard over New Year's Eve that Gorey Bikes will be closing thier doors in a week's time.:(
    I know there will be differing opinions, but they have always treated me well and I will be sorry to see them go.
    Another sign of the times, I guess....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

didn't they close down before and re-open? it's sad but they're way overpriced with used bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

He has some load of spares for 1980's two strokes.

Pity he couldn't price second hand bikes. Nice shop though.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thought that place was closed ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Did Billy Barron Motorcycle close? Couldn't get in contact recently when I was getting a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xthe-stig

if its not closing this thread could be damaging to a business leaving this place liable

• Advertisement

its only the bike breaker that closed as far as i know to be honest.

Did Billy Barron Motorcycle close? Couldn't get in contact recently when I was getting a bike.

he is still open. No use ringing, he knows what he doing but he an ignorant chap. Once ya get to know him he is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Well, he obviously didn't need to sell me a bike. Don't care.

i rang him a few years back when looking for bandit 6, he not friendly. I know a few chaps that drink with him and they even said he is narky, knows what he is doing though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 solas02

Gorey Bikes have confirmed on their website they close their retail shop on 10th January.

It says they intend to continue to wholesale bikes to other bike dealers around the country and open an online shop for parts, accessories and clothing.

Yes they did close their retail shop before and concentrate on wholesale sales of bikes only and re-opened the retail shop about 5 year ago or so.

They used to break bikes but have stopped that several years ago.

They full details of why they are changing direction like this are on their website home page, worth a read, very upfront ...

I don't know anything about Billy Barron Motorcycles !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

they were a good shop, served me well this past year,ill be sad to see them go, and only 2 minutes from my doorstep.

Advertisement