Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet router/switch problem

Options
  • 02-01-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,
    i know there is a Magnet area on boards also, but i posted a message, but no-one is likely to be able to help till monday (as they are all on holidays till then). Can anyone help with the following?

Basically, i went to Clonsaugh to pick up my router from magnet, went home, set it up, and hey presto, all works fine... for 10 mins.
    when i try to ring back they've all left for holidays.

i like to think i'm resonably computer literate, but i can't really figure out this one. Basically, the router/switch works fine if i connect the computer to the box with a Lan cable, but when i try to set up the wireless, the router/switch doesn't seem to be handing out IP's, and therefore no internet.
    i know for a fact all my logins & passwords are correct, and yes, i have tried turning it off and on again.

So, is this an issue i can rectify on my side, or does it sound like an issue on Magnets side?

If anyone can help, i'd be much appreciated.

thanks
    N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

IIRC Magnet devices are configured as bridges.... Hold on that might just be in fibre areas... Dunno sorry, just use a cable for now.

MC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

IIRC Magnet devices are configured as bridges.... Hold on that might just be in fibre areas... Dunno sorry, just use a cable for now.

MC

They're bridges on the LLU ADSL2 service as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

which is what i have i think, but anyone know how i can fix the ip problem?
    pretty much everything in the house is geared to the wireless, ps3, hard drive, internet etc etc.
    4 people living here at the mo, so this is proving to be a pain in the rear!

Advertisement