Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate wireless issue

Options
  • 02-01-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi again.

Sorry for posting in a seperate post, but it is a seperate issue.

My girlfriend got a Asus 1101 ha netbook for christmas (with xp).
    the wireless was working fine for a few days, but now seems to not recognize any wireless networks, (there are about 4 in the area).

there are no new drivers available (its an atheros wireless card).
    i've tried starting the Windows Zero service, which works perfectly for about 5 seconds before it gets reset.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

thanks in advance,
    n

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is the WLAN card enabled in the BIOS?
    Does Fn+F2 do anything in XP? Is ther a button for the wireless?
    (If all else fails: disable any software that might control it (Start->run->msconfig - untick), then enabled WZC and try connecting?)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

yeah, wireless card is on in BIOS, Fn F2 enables/disables WLAN/Bluetooth/&otherASUS utility.

i've turned off all the forewalls & antivirus's etc (she uses bulldog if that helps)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I meant the ASUS Utility/WiFi software.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Sorry, thanks. I've tried that also but the wzc keeps resetting a couple of seconds after I enable it, and I can't figure out what's overriding it.

Advertisement